Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt either Newcastle or Everton would want Wayne on his current wages.

They wont need to by the time we've given him a £15M golden handshake, he'll take closer to a £100k a week and his PR will sell it that it's not about the money, Wayne just wants to play and earn his spot at the World cup with England.

Some of us just thought it wouldn't do any harm if his situation was wrapped up before the summer. One less thing to concern ourselves with.

No big deal in general though - he doesn't play that much.

Really hope we are not selling him to an English club in the summer, there is no way in hell we'll avoid paying about 2/3 of his wages then.

You all disagree yet, between you, you have no constructive counter argument. Says it all. :lol:

Here it is: some no mark on the internet doesn't get to tell other United supporters what makes them real supporters.

It's quite obvious - hence why there's no need to even type it.

Haven't read the thread, so sorry if I'm saying something that has been written.

But Rooney's decision to stay until the summer is because Rooney will get paid over 15 mil pund for doing that because of the loyalty bonus. Something I've just read.

So once again, Rooney's real face show the real him, if it's true. Rooney has only been here for the last 4 years because of that awful contract David Moyes rewarded Rooney's fake ass with.

How does he? He tried to engineer a move, he couldn't, he has a contract with us so isn't going to just become a free agent, really not a lot any club can do in that position.
He's trolling.

They wont need to by the time we've given him a £15M golden handshake, he'll take closer to a £100k a week and his PR will sell it that it's not about the money, Wayne just wants to play and earn his spot at the World cup with England.
Do you really think we will pay 15M quid to get rid of him?

1pBotoR.jpg

You all disagree yet, between you, you have no constructive counter argument. Says it all. :lol:

We don't need a counter argument. He fact that you discredit others opinions by saying they "are not United fans" speak for itself.

Heard Phil Nevilles comments on British Brainwashing corporations Radio 5 Live and agree... just can't see him going to China, and if he did the money would have to be mental in terms of wages to tempt him. He's English through and through, likes his family, where he is and the culture. Can anyone really see Wayne learning Chinese with all those symbols, he's have a better chance learning binary or C++. For sure he'd be the Carlos Tevez of the league, there for ages and still making cave man noises in interviews years later.

If he's staying, he's staying, you get behind him and the team but I think most will agree, its time for him to move on, he's past in now and has not taken care of himself along the way. Finally a manager has the balls to drop the golden boy who walked right back into the team after injury, played game after game, was undroppable, and when he does get benched he does what he always did, starts looking elsewhere or getting his agent on the case.

My thoughts for Rooney is, give up the smokes, lay of the booze and pizza, train your arse off like Ronaldo and be the best you possibly can be for your last few seasons, bang in the goals. He won't though will he, his lifes too easy. The only hope is that he hates this benching so bad as its the first time since like 16-18 its happened to him, gets angry and does something about it like said. Can't see it though. Besides, any man who cheats on his pregnant wife with some dodgy hooker slapper is lacking a bit of a spine.

Haven't read the thread, so sorry if I'm saying something that has been written.

But Rooney's decision to stay until the summer is because Rooney will get paid over 15 mil pund for doing that because of the loyalty bonus. Something I've just read.

So once again, Rooney's real face show the real him, if it's true. Rooney has only been here for the last 4 years because of that awful contract David Moyes rewarded Rooney's fake ass with.
OMG!!! A player on contract wants all the money he can get from the contract, when the club is actively pushing him out... Oh!! The horror!!!

If it is all true of course

OMG!!! A player on contract wants all the money he can get from the contract, when the club is actively pushing him out... Oh!! The horror!!!

If it is all true of course
He was never going to move now and certainly not to China. He wants to win something here this season.

Good news. You're not really a United supporter if you wanted him gone now for nothing in return that will help us til the end of the season.

How bout we wanted him gone for dragging the club through mud while we were desperate to keep him?

How bout we could've got at least 25 million for him?

How bout dah?

Theres a difference in overpaying but ultimately getting quality, like we did with Martial and Pogba.

And overpaying for a load of shite like we have with Rooney for the last few years.

Not the same thing at all, paying stupid money for a Griezmann or a Dybala is like overpaying for a top of the range fillet steak, it's indulgent but worth it because it tastes so good, we are currently paying the equivelant for a big mac that's been dropped on the floor.

Obviously, if the steak is so good and indulgent and worth it, then it's not paying stupid money, is it? It's either worth it, or it's too expensive and not worth it.

Ultimately, people need to decide whether they care about how United spend their money. It makes zero sense moaning about Rooney getting paid and desperately wanting his wages freed up, and then telling people they shouldn't care about how the club spends its money because it's not theirs.

We were willing participants in giving him that contract.

Clubs do the same with players to cut costs. Why can't players do it to get what was promised to them?

Your idiotic post doesn't really deserve much time spent on it.

So idiotic yet you can't even reason against it - what does that make you?

Here it is: some no mark on the internet doesn't get to tell other United supporters what makes them real supporters.

It's quite obvious - hence why there's no need to even type it.

Make the point then if it's so obvious.

You didn't make an argument to counter.

So what would be benefit* from losing Rooney in this window?

* we are (supposed to be) supporters not financial analysts so do not bother mentioning wages or transfer fees.

We don't need a counter argument. He fact that you discredit others opinions by saying they "are not United fans" speak for itself.

Tongue in cheek. Don't take it to heart and make a valid point.

How bout we wanted him gone for dragging the club through mud while we were desperate to keep him?

How bout we could've got at least 25 million for him?

How bout dah?

Contract disputes are totally irrelevant now, if you are rational.

If Rooney wants to go China, we still get a big fee for him in the summer.

Obviously, if the steak is so good and indulgent and worth it, then it's not paying stupid money, is it? It's either worth it, or it's too expensive and not worth it.

Ultimately, people need to decide whether they care about how United spend their money. It makes zero sense moaning about Rooney getting paid and desperately wanting his wages freed up, and then telling people they shouldn't care about how the club spends its money because it's not theirs.

No, there are a lot of things in life that are great but overpriced and we treat ourselves to them, and while you know you are paying too much you are at least still getting a lot for your money, it's very different to just flushing money down the toilet, which is what paying Rooney equates to these days.

It says your point is silly.

It's like trying to counter the notion that the earth is flat.

The onus would be on the person making a ridiculous statement such as that to prove how its true. Not the other way round

Cool. I'm happy for the point I made originally to remain - you are clearly irrational as you can't come up with a valid argument.

I'll drive the Mongolian rally and drop him off for the cost of petrol at the other end if needs be!

Wanted him out 4+ years ago.

Ditto! Like we have said for a long long time, Fergie called it and laid him on a plate for Moyes.

Ditto! Like we have said for a long long time, Fergie called it and laid him on a plate for Moyes.

Amen. When are you flying in to Manchester to start this drive then?

No, there are a lot of things in life that are great but overpriced and we treat ourselves to them, and while you know you are paying too much you are at least still getting a lot for your money, it's very different to just flushing money down the toilet, which is what paying Rooney equates to these days.

What I'm trying to say is that the amount of money by which you think we've overpaid, is essentially flushing money down the toilet.

For example, if we pay 100m for Griezmann and you think he's worth 80m tops, then it should follow that in your view we've flushed 20m down the toilet no matter how well he plays. You're getting top quality for the 80m, but in your mind the 20m will be considered a waste.

Sorry, it might be difficult to get what I'm saying but my point is that I don't think us paying Rooney is stopping us from conducting other transfer business, be it by wages or transfer fees.

At what point do the majority that want Rooney to leave, return to logical cynicism when regarding this situation?

This is probably the fourth time in the last two season this has happened. The coach tells everyone to "drop the subject and leave it alone we want him to stay", the tabloid media run a vague campaign saying Rooney will be leaving. These particular fans in their blind desperation get all giddy and start spreading it around that it is happening, the story pops and fizzles for a couple of days until somebody comes out and says that "it is a load of rubbish, he's not leaving".

They play you like a fiddle and write what you want to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.