Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has given all he has for us. He's definitely a club legend and our most important player in the last 10 years. At his age, he is not going to be a starter and he's a fighter so he's not going to sit on the bench for us. At the end of the day, I wish he did things much better. He held out on his contract situation 2 times by starting rumors about transferring elsewhere and forced us to pay him high wages. SAF would have definitely got rid of him if he didn't retire. And now he wants to go to China so it's definitely about the money for him rather than the level of competitiveness .

I am talking about European clubs not paying his wages. Of course Chinese clubs would throw obscene amounts of money at him because of his stature in the game

Yet your reply was about the players that went to China. In any case, we agree. Rooney is done in Europe, unless he's willing to reduce his pay by at least a half, if not by two-thirds. Heck, I doubt any top 4 Euro league team would be willing to pay more than 75k/week, so China it is. Maybe Turkey, but I don't see him going there.

EDIT: Oh I forgot, there is always the Middle East & MLS. I don't see him doing the MLS, but the oil sheiks might want another prize player.

If his desire is to play football and not money, why can't he ask his agent to find him a club that will offer him competitive football for a small fraction of his £300k/w. A weekly wage of £50k is more than enough to get some clubs around Europe for a super rich Wayne Rooney. Any other option is just money driven.

If his desire is to play football and not money, why can't he ask his agent to find him a club that will offer him competitive football for a small fraction of his £300k/w. A weekly wage of £50k is more than enough to get some clubs around Europe for a super rich Wayne Rooney. Any other option is just money driven.

He will get both in China, though. Games and $$$.

I would prefer Wayne to stay through the end of the season and fight for his teammates. He's our club captain and while his skills have eroded drastically, we need him to help us see the season out. The more experienced heads in the run up, the better. Jose can then lay it to him straight again during the summer and Wayne can choose freely.

As Jose said, he will not let a player leave unless they themselves want to leave. The summer will enable the club to make as clean a cut as possible from Wayne.

He will get both in China, though. Games and $$$.
The sacked Sutton GK will get the same if he goes to China. It's not. exactly the competitiveness that his mates make us believe that the "fire" in his belly demands.

Last edited:
The sacked Sutton GK will get the same if he goes to China. It's exactly the competitiveness that his make us believe that the "fire" in his belly demands.

I think everyone agrees the main reason he's no longer up to the task is the "fire" has disappeared a while ago. Again, he's got nothing to prove, he's won everything. Why not make a feckload of money so the next generations in your family have nothing to worry about? Totally different story from the Witsel's and Oscar's.

Agree. The money available now has even distorted some fans opinions. You'd think moving to a European club would mean dropping down to £400 a week given some of the comments.

I think everyone agrees the main reason he's no longer up to the task is the "fire" has disappeared a while ago. Again, he's got nothing to prove, he's won everything. Why not make a feckload of money so the next generations in your family have nothing to worry about? Totally different story from the Witsel's and Oscar's.
Exactly. I couldn't be bothered if he goes to China for money. Football is a means to and end. If anything, I'd preferred he went to China as long as they will be paying us a tidy sum.

:lol: That's got to be somewhat offensive being rejected by Chinese teams.

Maybe aul Ferguson's making calls to stifle these money-making prospects?

Mr. Ling I can assure you, he's just a slow, fat, scouse bastard these days - he would be a hinderance to that marvellous side you've got, nae doot abou' tha!

sarcasm obviously for all you serious ones...

Last edited:
I'll be very surprised if we let him go before summer window. There is still a lot of games to be played and he could still contribute. He might not start, but doesn't mean he doesn't have a place in our squad right now.

Edit: Of course, I am late by a minute. Typical of me. That whole sentence is so useless right now in terms of opinion. :lol:

He can be "ill" every couple of games, no problem for Jose. He'll be gone in the summer anyway. I very much doubt he'll play a big part again, a game here and there, but overall his time is pretty much up. Jose has already more or less stopped using him.

Rooney releases a statement. We know how this traditionally ends.

New contract in 5...4...3...2...1...

Don't think he's going to be playing a full part unless we get ravaged by injuries.

I'd still hope he goes in the Summer which to be honest is probably the more sensible option than him going now.

He must know himself he isn't good enough to play for Utd anymore. He can't get into the Utd team now, what's going to happen after the Summer when we're bound to bring in even more quality?

His wages are going to be a huge problem for us getting rid though. There are not going to be many takers wanting him when he's demanding that sort of wage. It's going to be very tricky.

Good news. We'll still be able to sell him for the same amount of money in the summer.

Plus we will need him in this run in, 2 games pretty much every week. The bigger the squad, the better.

Feck, either he wanted too much money or they didn't want him :mad:

Not surprising after all of the chinese clubs ruled out a move. It was a bit checkmate.

I don't get this idea that we'd need him, we have 2 better options in the 2 positions he can play, getting £30M for a player worth next to nothing on football talent at this point, would have been great at this juncture.

Fine by me. We stand a better chance of doing a deal in the summer than the last week of the Chinese window.

Question is will Jose give him the same treatment he's given Mkhitaryan, Martial, and Shaw? Definitely gone in summer. MLS or Everton.

Can't wait to see how all the managers in the league react to this news when asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.