Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lad. Focus on your teammates and the silverware and goals in front of you. He deserves to go out on his terms and hope it is in the summer.

More than happy to have him as a squad player in our team. The piss take was LVG starting him every game when he was in terrible form. Jose don't give a feck and has done the right thing taking him out.

What motivation is there on our part to haggle the price though? He's a legend here, we want him off the wage bill, when this transfer happens he might be nearly 32. It all points to a small transfer fee IMO.

This, Dinho/Rivaldo (iirc) etc etc were all given free's to get them off the wage bill

However if Stretford wanted a golden handshake i'd make him stay(call his bluff), Rooney has had enough wages from us, a 'shake shouldnt be an option.

I see your point. I guess it's a bit like that Apprentice episode when the task was to clear out someone's garage and sell off the unwanted items/ rubbish, and one team offered to clear it out for free, and the other team charged a price, and the one that offered to do it for free got the gig.

Would be hilarious though if we sold him for more than we bought him for.

Unreal. Rooney has your club on strings. He's definitely retiring here.

I do not see Wayne leaving in the summer. I doubt he would agree to be paid less to play more.

Hopefully, he'll leave very soon. A player, that I will never ever gonna celebrate, because of his not only one, but twice he wanted to leave the club for our rivals. I would never be harmed, if he had a bid from Real MAdrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Juventus or any other foreign club, but City and Chelsea only to get a better contract? No loyalty whatsoever ever and since then I hated him so much. It hasn't helped at all that he has played like a fat pub player since 2011 and only was something to mention because of his past.

So I hope the chinese will splash 30-40 mil pund and then Rooney hopefully will become a sad piece of history of our club, where we two times managed to satisfy Rooney's and Paul Stretford wallet. And I thereby hope that Rashford will smash his records at the club in 12-14 years, so Rooney is out of the history books of Manchester United.

Once a scouse, always a scouse.

Caf meltdown incoming:lol:
Good for Rooney,fight for your place and help the team.

I do not see Wayne leaving in the summer. I doubt he would agree to be paid less to play more.

I can't see him leaving either. He'd never be suited to a non-English speaking country, and the salary cap in the MLS makes a deal difficult given what he's earning here.

He was never going to leave before the end of the season, it didn't make sense on any level. Glad he's staying and hopefully will get the send-off he deserves as he'll surely be gone in the summer. It'd be nice if he could add a europa league medal to his collection before he goes.

Good. No point weakening the squad for no reason, we have a lot of games and a lot of trophies to go for. He'll play his part, definitely.

i respect him for staying and excepting to be a squad player.

and why do some people still say "he wanted to city or chelsea" ? he said multiple times that if he would have left it would only be outside of england

Weird desperation on this forum for him to leave. He's not playing much so he's not affecting us badly on the pitch, it's not like Jose is going to bring him on instead of Martial again.

Those who care about him getting paid "for doing nothing" should also then not come out with the whole "why do you care how much we spend, is it your money?" bollocks if we overpay in the summer.

Unreal. Rooney has your club on strings. He's definitely retiring here.

How does he? He tried to engineer a move, he couldn't, he has a contract with us so isn't going to just become a free agent, really not a lot any club can do in that position.

More than happy to have him stay if he's happy as a squad player. Glad to hear his commitment too.

Happy with that news as we can't afford to be short on numbers in case of injuries with us still competing in 4 different competitions.

However, I hope Jose doesn't feel obliged to bring him on as a first substitute when we need a goal. That substitution very rarely works and we become less fluid with him on the pitch. It also ends up having an impact on Martial or Rashford's playing time.

Reactions: Penna
He weakens the team by being in it or taking up bench space, he's been robbing the club blind for 3 seasons with that ludicrous contract Moyes gave him, and now he's going to cling on to be paid off in the summer when we subsidise his move to Newcastle or Everton so he can steal a spot in the England team as well..

Weird desperation on this forum for him to leave. He's not playing much so he's not affecting us badly on the pitch, it's not like Jose is going to bring him on instead of Martial again.

Those who care about him getting paid "for doing nothing" should also then not come out with the whole "why do you care how much we spend, is it your money?" bollocks if we overpay in the summer.

Theres a difference in overpaying but ultimately getting quality, like we did with Martial and Pogba.

And overpaying for a load of shite like we have with Rooney for the last few years.

I've got no problems with him being a squad player until the end of the season but he should definitely be gone in the summer.

"Despite my agents best efforts in China, there were no takers and I'll have to sit on the bench and hope for an injury crisis."

He weakens the team by being in it or taking up bench space, he's been robbing the club blind for 3 seasons with that ludicrous contract Moyes gave him, and now he's going to cling on to be paid off in the summer when we subsidise his move to Newcastle or Everton so he can steal a spot in the England team as well..
Doubt either Newcastle or Everton would want Wayne on his current wages.

Not the same thing at all, paying stupid money for a Griezmann or a Dybala is like overpaying for a top of the range fillet steak, it's indulgent but worth it because it tastes so good, we are currently paying the equivelant for a big mac that's been dropped on the floor.

This. Whenever there is a discussion on whether a player is worth that money this argument gets thrown around. But when it comes to Rooney some want him to be gone now. Almost as if we are need that 300K pw to be put in bank to make a proper bid in summer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.