Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
really depends how you look at it. I know he's worth a tone of money, but if the reported £1m a week from China is for say 3 years, that's £150m. I'm pretty sure Lampard and Gerrard were on $6m per year in the MLS. I know there's the toss up between China and the US and it really depends on the person and their family situation. Me, i'd look at the two figures, know both leagues aren't that great anyway and chose China as it would set the family up for generations.
the guy is a multi millionaire already. His family are set up already mate...

Can't see him being allowed to go before the summer. We have a massively crowded fixture list and let Depay and Schneiderlin go in January without replacement. Rooney will get games. If he's off in the summer, that feels right.

Wonder if we can get close to a world record fee. Imagine paying for Pogba with a past it Rooney and managing to his wage off the books.

:lol: no way in hell anyone would pay close to a world record fee to get rooney

Can't see him being allowed to go before the summer. We have a massively crowded fixture list and let Depay and Schneiderlin go in January without replacement. Rooney will get games. If he's off in the summer, that feels right.

The squad is huge though. Depay and Schneiderlin have left and we've barely noticed. It'd be the same with Rooney.

From a football point of view, we wouldnt miss him. He's been poor for years and the sooner he leaves, the better. However, we still need numbers so if he's happy to sit on the bench and come on in the 80th minute, then I'd rather keep him until summer. Maybe it's him who wants out

Personally I think China is a disgusting country because if it's human rights policies and treatment of animals but I'd move for atleast a month if they offered me a stupid amount of money

Im not sure America or many countries are not guilty of both those things. China definetely has work to do but its not as bad as the common impression i dont think. Not in the more developed areas anyway.

Maybe it's him who wants out

That seems almost certain to me. Jose's been clear he would be happy for him to stay as well. We wouldn't have much to gain from trying to force him out now. A couple of injuries and he'd be needed again.

No offence meant mate but how do you know how much value he brings to the dressing room? And do you think we can justify paying someone 250k a week solely because they get on with the other players? Surely Ibra does the senior pro role just as well.

THIS!

edit: And am a Rooney fan, but it seems he is surplus now and he gets paid quite a lot so surplus on his wage they have to move him on quickly so we can move forward and use his wages for other top players

Its clearly his last season and he has been a great servant and a joy to watch, some magical moments some moments only Rooney could do, it was a pleasure Wazza

He will probably go there for a year collect his £52m and come back to the PL in time for the World Cup

There is a difference between having influence, or being a positive influence.

Rooney has influence because he has been around for so long, and he is a jokey, fun character. People like him because he is the naughty kid at school who is always kidding around.

Most coaches don't want to upset the apple cart so they continue with him being captain.

Do the squad really miss him when he's not there? not on the pitch that's for sure.

At 1 stage we used to fall apart without him in the team, now we look better. That's a sign it's time for him to move on.
Clearly he is having a good influence or he wouldn't keep getting picked as captain otherwise managers would never change captains.
I agree the time is coming for him to leave but there is zero benefit for us if he leaves now

:lol: no way in hell anyone would pay close to a world record fee to get rooney

He will fetch a hefty sum though. He would be instantly be the biggest star in the Chinese league, despite not being the best player.

A world record fee would be a bit much, but I reckon we could get over £40 million which is good going considering long the level he is actually at and his age.

He will fetch a hefty sum though. He would be instantly be the biggest star in the Chinese league, despite not being the best player.

A world record fee would be a bit much, but I reckon we could get over £40 million which is good going considering long the level he is actually at and his age.
Rooney would probably have the same impact on the CSL as Beckham had on the MLS. What the CSL needs is publicity and attraction which will hopefully (for them) lead to increasing the quality of the league. That's more important at the moment, not how good the player is...

When's the next international break?

I'm interested to see what Southgate does with Kane and Alli firing.

the guy is a multi millionaire already. His family are set up already mate...

Maybe he'll want to set up a good cause with the money like Ighalo has done with an orphanage, there's a lot of scourers in need.

When's the next international break?

I'm interested to see what Southgate does with Kane and Alli firing.

Never mind that Crouch for England :D

Id have thought Wayne was behind a number of other strikers really. We cant play him just because he's chasing a record that wouldn't be a good message to send out.

would be surprised to see him go this month.
There's still a chance he could add a couple more medals to his collection including a set-completing Europa if we win it

since he's become a bit part player my opinion of his place here has changed somewhat. When he was stinking up the place every week i wanted him out now i'd happily keep him around for a bit part role but the question is would he be happy playing 2 maybe 3 games a month against the weaker opponents? I'm not so sure, the chatter around him seems to suggest he thinks he can play every week but he's just not at the level required anymore.

his next move will tell us a lot about him imo. Will he follow the money or will he play at the highest level he can even if its bottom end clubs? be interesting either way

I doubt it, Tevez went for £10m. We'll get a similar figure I reckon.

His next move will tell us a lot about him imo. Will he follow the money or will he play at the highest level he can even if its bottom end clubs? be interesting either way

I don't think he's got anything to prove to himself, or others. He's been a terrific player.

I doubt it, Tevez went for £10m. We'll get a similar figure I reckon.
Would be surprised not to get more. He is way more marketable and a far more famous name than Tevez. How good he is as a player next to Tevez is almost irrelevant.

Who do we have upfront except Ibra and Rashford? (who is still very raw)

You guys do realise that if we're chasing a game, having Rooney on the bench and coming on isn't exactly appealing? In all likelihood, it won't change the outcome of the game too. Very rarely does he change the course of games these days (yes he had that freekick a few weeks back). Might as well play lingard in the strikers role.

This transfer, is seriously the biggest transfer for the summer guys, this year it's not about griezmann coming in.. it's about rooney finally getting out!

One of your "issues" was we need the money to bring in world class players which is why I questioned that with the recent signings of Zlatan and Pogba.

I don't see it as a lack of ambition, he has been a first team member up until recently so the board were within their rights and there has been no offers again until recently.
But I don't think you understand the value he brings to the dressing room, I think he should move on next season but he has a part to play this season, even if it means keeping lingard out the team
Yes, by suggesting IF it prevents us bringing in FURTHER world class players, re read that post on that particular point.

The problem with that is, he shouldn't have been a first team player for the last 3-4 years let alone just fading out now a few months ago. I don't think you understand the value he brings to the dressing room having actually not been there on a regular basis, same goes for myself.

I prefer Lingard to Rooney, he makes smart runs in behind, he scores a few, he can actually dribble past players from time to time. I actually prefer giving youth players a start over Rooney in recent times if we were to get rocked by injuries. This bit is opinionated but the fact Rooney offers almost nothing on the pitch is clear for everyone to see. Again, 250k a week, if someone is willing to take them wages for such a below average player I say bite their hand off for it.

Zlatan is every bit of leader if not better than Rooney, on 23 goals at the age of 34, Rooney SURELY wouldn't be missed in the dressing room especially if we still have Carrick and Zlatan. By the way Zlatan gets paid LESS than Rooney, criminal.

Arsenal should sign Wayne Rooney, suggests Harry Redknapp
Football365 said:
Arsenal should sign Wayne Rooney so he can shout at people. Harry Redknapp says so. Deal with it.

Rooney’s future at Manchester United is in doubt, with the club captain no longer a guaranteed starter under Jose Mourinho.

His agent, Paul Stretford, is reportedly in China attempting to negotiate a deal for his client, but it is thought that Rooney would prefer to remain in the Premier League.

In his London Evening Standard column, Redknapp suggests that Arsenal should sign him so that he can shout at players when they aren’t running around enough. The former Tottenham boss writes:
‘Arsenal should take a gamble and sign Wayne Rooney on a two-year contract. There’s no love lost between Jose Mourinho and Arsene Wenger but Petr Cech moved between the two managers and Wayne deserves the chance to choose his next move.

‘It is pretty clear his time at Manchester United is coming to an end. Jose is saying all the right things publicly but his team selections make it obvious he doesn’t fancy him and that’s his choice as manager.

‘There’s a lot of talk about Rooney going to China but I can’t see that happening, at least not before Tuesday’s transfer window deadline.

‘Everything would have to be 100 per cent right and even though he has got Paul Stretford behind him – a very experienced guy and top football agent – it is a very long process to get a deal of that size over the line.

‘I suppose they could have been working on a deal for a while which would help but it makes more sense to keep his options open until the summer. And if Rooney is available then, the Gunners should come in for him.

‘Arsenal looked at him a few years ago so we know Arsene is a fan. He would improve that team overnight because they have an issue with attitude and he is a winner.

‘I watched Arsenal the other night at Sutton and I know it was a difficult pitch but some of their younger players were getting caught in possession, losing it cheaply and were putting their team in danger.

‘There was nobody there shouting: “Oi, f***ing liven up!” They get away with it all the time. Nobody sticks the boot into them, whether that’s from the dugout or other players on the pitch. Rooney would be someone out there on his team-mates’ case, digging them out if they aren’t at it. That would be invaluable for Arsenal.

‘Arsene always had Tony Adams or Patrick Vieira to set standards and call people out for him. Maybe Rooney could do that job for him now.’

Would be surprised not to get more. He is way more marketable and a far more famous name than Tevez. How good he is as a player next to Tevez is almost irrelevant.

What motivation is there on our part to haggle the price though? He's a legend here, we want him off the wage bill, when this transfer happens he might be nearly 32. It all points to a small transfer fee IMO.

What motivation is there on our part to haggle the price though? He's a legend here, we want him off the wage bill, when this transfer happens he might be nearly 32. It all points to a small transfer fee IMO.

This, Dinho/Rivaldo (iirc) etc etc were all given free's to get them off the wage bill

However if Stretford wanted a golden handshake i'd make him stay(call his bluff), Rooney has had enough wages from us, a 'shake shouldnt be an option.

I hoped i would wake up today seeing him holding a shirt of a Chinese club and giving us a nice transfer fee. Maybe tomorrow

If we get £20million at least for him we'll be doing very, very well.

Hardly any EPL clubs would offer a fee for him if we're being serious.

The squad is huge though. Depay and Schneiderlin have left and we've barely noticed. It'd be the same with Rooney.
When I look and see we have a minimum of sixteen games in an eleven week period. And factor in the age/injury profile of some of our players. I don't think we want to be releasing anybody until the summer.

Plenty of clubs haggle for players they want to sell.
As a club we never seem to get full value for our players, Rooney is worth more to the Chinese clubs branding and global pull so we should play against that. When they're willing to pay Wayne 1m a week it becomes obvious he's seen as a valued asset over there.
I can't even blame the club for this sell cheap policy anymore, I remember Woodward was criticised for not approaching Madrid early in the window to sell DDG at a discount price so we can 'move on'.

So what you are saying is it was Van gaals fault that they left which resulted in us not getting top 4 which meant he lost his job.
Van gaal lost his job because he wasn't the right man for united not because Rooney wasn't scoring the one or two chances that came his way.
Even if we had rvp and Chico or even Zlatan we would of failed because the system wasn't creating chances
So if Mourinho persisted with Rooney up front this season, we would be playing this well?

Thats nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.