Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bit odd that he didn't travel isn't it?

Club captain and all that. Makes a bit of a mockery of the idea that even if he's not playing his experience alone is valuable to us.

It's a bit odd that he didn't travel isn't it?

Club captain and all that. Makes a bit of a mockery of the idea that even if he's not playing his experience alone is valuable to us.
Apparently he did his tooth in training...

In a gobstopper challenge

Imagine him "quietly" leaving us for China mid season. Although the fee would be nice and we would get his enormous wages off the bill, I'm not sure if that would sit right with me.

It bothered me with RVP and I'm sure its gonna bother me if it happens with Rooney. He should get a big send off if hes truly going.

The last three seasons have been a sending off. He was on the wane and was still rewarded with a gigantic contract, undroppable and the captain's armband. If China wasn't paying stupid fees and salaries to players over the hill we'd be scratching our heads how we'd actually move him on, and we'd probably take a free transfer at that.

I don't see any problem with him being a squad player here.

Who cares about the wages. It's not your money. And 250 000 grand a week or whatever he gets in peanuts to this club.

This x 1000.

Hilarious how many people in here care about the club's financial accounts when I bet they don't even making any contributions themselves to the club in terms of tickets or official merchandise...

You must have a really sad life to spend your time in here wishing that Rooney leaves.

This x 1000.

Hilarious how many people in here care about the club's financial accounts when I bet they don't even making any contributions themselves to the club in terms of tickets or official merchandise...

You must have a really sad life to spend your time in here wishing that Rooney leaves.
Well it is a discussion board and we are discussing Rooney leaving, unless you have something worthwhile to contribute, go and post on another fan site.

On the topic at hand (some people like above are silly) sure it isn't our money, we don't care about it, however, giving Rooney such wages shows wreckless and stupid spending. If it at all prevents us from getting further world class players he should be sold 100% even give him away for free if nothing else is possible!

I hope we use Rooneys and Schweins 200k+ on world star caliber players, would boost our squad immensely.

We care about the club and 250k a week on Rooney doesn't show our ambition and just shows we're willing to let this guy take us for a spin! Of course I care if he's on 250k a week, not my money but definitely shows negatives about the club if he maintains that wage for no work, literally no work.

Last edited:
Well it is a discussion board and we are discussing Rooney leaving, unless you have something worthwhile to contribute, go and post on another fan site.

On the topic at hand (some people like above are silly) sure it isn't our money, we don't care about it, however, giving Rooney such wages shows wreckless and stupid spending. If it at all prevents us from getting further world class players he shouldn't be sold 100% even give him away for free if nothing else is possible!

I hope we use Rooneys and Schweins 200k+ on world star caliber players, would boost our squad immensely.

We care about the club and 250k a week on Rooney doesn't show our ambition and just shows we're willing to let this guy take us for a spin! Of course I care if he's on 250k a week, not my money but definitely shows negatives about the club if he maintains that wage for no work, literally no work.

Good waffle, well made.

The point is that we aren't going to get anybody in before the summer so what do we benefit by losing him now? Negative benefit - and I'm the one that should be posting on another fan site. :lol:

Likely we'll need him at some point between now and March, so the fact I wouldn't mind him sold now aside. it's probably better he stays.

Likely we'll need him at some point between now and March, so the fact I wouldn't mind him sold now aside. it's probably better he stays.
Why 30-50m could be used to buy players this summer and his wages would count for 5-6 until the summer.

The only reason to want him out is if he is creating a toxic atmosphere. As much as many of us hate when he plays, it really does seem that he is a genuinely good influence on the team and in the dressing room. How many players in his position would've accepted his fall from grace (there was a bit of noise at the start but that died out very quickly).

Why 30-50m could be used to buy players this summer and his wages would count for 5-6 until the summer.

Not that bothered tbh, he just leaves me cold really, but we could well need him at some point given the number of games we'll have, but if £50 million is on the table, and he wants to go, then fair enough.

Likely scenario though is that it's a long drawn out goodbye in the summer, and we'll get nothing.

Good waffle, well made.

The point is that we aren't going to get anybody in before the summer so what do we benefit by losing him now? Negative benefit - and I'm the one that should be posting on another fan site. :lol:
You clearly didn't read my post, time for that opticians appointment or maybe some reading lessons!

China will still be here in 3 months, you know?

You clearly didn't read my post, time for that opticians appointment or maybe some reading lessons!

I did read your 3 paragraph waffle about wages.

Do you want Rooney to leave by this Tuesday or in the summer?

The last three seasons have been a sending off. He was on the wane and was still rewarded with a gigantic contract, undroppable and the captain's armband. If China wasn't paying stupid fees and salaries to players over the hill we'd be scratching our heads how we'd actually move him on, and we'd probably take a free transfer at that.
I won't deny that. Personally I hated last season and how LVG sold RVP, Hernandez and didn't buy Falcao permanently just to persist with Rooney. It was infuriating to not see him dropped for those performances.

I truly believe that the August-January period where Rooney couldn't register a single goal was what cost LVG his job. It was only when Rashford came in, things started to improve and he was a big reason we won the FA Cup. I feared that Mourinho would do the same thing and it was just one big political conspiracy that Rooney must play every game no matter what. But thankfully, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

I still think if he is leaving, he should get one last game where the fans can give him a proper send off.

On the topic at hand (some people like above are silly) sure it isn't our money, we don't care about it, however, giving Rooney such wages shows wreckless and stupid spending. If it at all prevents us from getting further world class players he shouldn't be sold 100% even give him away for free if nothing else is possible!

well seeing as how we signed world class players despite his wages I don't see your point here, we can't sign any players until summer and have a busy fixture list so every player is needed

I won't deny that. Personally I hated last season and how LVG sold RVP, Hernandez and didn't buy Falcao permanently just to persist with Rooney. It was infuriating to not see him dropped for those performances.

I truly believe that the August-January period where Rooney couldn't register a single goal was what cost LVG his job. It was only when Rashford came in, things started to improve and he was a big reason we won the FA Cup. I feared that Mourinho would do the same thing and it was just one big political conspiracy that Rooney must play every game no matter what. But thankfully, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

I still think if he is leaving, he should get one last game where the fans can give him a proper send off.
Rooney cost lvg his job, well there it is...the dumbest thing I've read all day

The only reason to want him out is if he is creating a toxic atmosphere. As much as many of us hate when he plays, it really does seem that he is a genuinely good influence on the team and in the dressing room. How many players in his position would've accepted his fall from grace (there was a bit of noise at the start but that died out very quickly).
the only toxic atmosphere he is creating is in here, Old Trafford seems to support him and he is an experienced head t
in the dressing room

Rooney cost lvg his job, well there it is...the dumbest thing I've read all day
Rooney was trusted to score goals. We didn't score enough of them and ultimately the draws and losses were what cost us to not qualify for the Champions League.

So yeah, a pretty big part of it I'd say. If he didn't force RVP to Turkey and sell Chicharito for missing a penalty, we would have finished Top 4.

Rooney was trusted to score goals. We didn't score enough of them and ultimately the draws and losses were what cost us to not qualify for the Champions League.

So yeah, a pretty big part of it I'd say. If he didn't force RVP to Turkey and sell Chicharito for missing a penalty, we would have finished Top 4.
sooooooo whose fault was it rvp and Chico left?

This x 1000.

Maybe it sends a signal to the "better" players? If a sub earns that much, shouldn't "I" get a lot more?

But I think that he should stay if he's willing to be a "sub".

sooooooo whose fault was it rvp and Chico left?
At the time, I was convinced it was a board decision. But after seeing how Jose managed Rooney, it was clearly just Van Gaal being a stubborn idiot and thinking a finished Rooney was good enough to bang 20+ goals a season.

He was way off the mark.

Rooney last season was one of the worst strikers I've ever seen at OT. It's not fresh in the minds of every supporter now cause it feels like such a long time ago, but it was infuriating to watch him hinder our play style and start every game despite doing feck all. It was like LVG sold RVP and Chicha just so he could play Rooney every week and say "Well, we have nobody else to play up front!"

Thankfully we have Ibra this year. And Mourinho for that matter. Imagine playing Rooney up top every week instead of Ibra? Think about how much of a difference that would make to our play.

well seeing as how we signed world class players despite his wages I don't see your point here, we can't sign any players until summer and have a busy fixture list so every player is needed
Knew I'd get this response and no, like I said in my post it shows a lack of ambition and direction of the club if we're willing to continue to give 200k to players that do next to nothing. My original point was that whilst we don't necessarily care about the money we care about the direction of the club, losing 12m a year on someone doing almost nothing is what the issue is, whether or not we can bring in talent whilst he's on the payroll (evident, pogba, Zlatan) we shouldn't keep doing it.

I think regardless of Rooney being here or not our squad is deep enough, even for the amount of games we're coming up against, sure it's nice to have assurances with having an extra body just in case but unfortunately it seems that all Rooney is, he's here just in case. The quicker he's off the clubs books the better, only god knows who will be willing to take those high figures of his off our hands. (Please read this post properly, often people reply without doing so, thanks).

So if the rumors are indeed true and Rooney goes, will he be fit to make a cameo appearance at Wembley if we are winning..

Paul Stretford flew out to the Chinese capital this week, having been given the green light to secure a move for the United skipper. He is ready to take internal flights to extend talks with interested clubs.

Way to do the bare minimum required by your job, Paulie
tumblr_m0xx6jowp71r13dk0o1_500.gif

Mou won't sell if Mkhi is injured.

This x 1000.

They're articulating their FM fantasies.

All the focus on wages and budgets for new players is proof of that. A total dismissal of his statistical output (a goal or assist every 106 in the PL and Europe) is another.

He's not world class anymore, but he contributes when called upon. If nothing else, the tempo of his passing is faster than anyone else's in the squad, bar possibly Mkhitaryan (who blows hot and cold himself).

Rooney is the last player we have that's moulded in the old Fergie ways. He plays direct, meaning he can look cumbersome when his touches don't come off. But if he'd been in the match day squad against St Etienne in the first leg, you know that he wouldn't have allowed the squad to lose focus the way that Mourinho complained about.

There are definitely still things he can offer, despite not being the best option in his position anymore. For that reason alone he should stay. Ignore the financial accounts given the fact we're so loaded. I'd rather support the players in the squad than the bottom line of the Balance Sheet.

Last edited:
Mou won't sell if Mkhi is injured.
Lingard's ahead of Rooney in the pecking order now. Would take more than Mkhi pulling a hamstring to stop such a major deal going through if we already intend to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.