Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like most things with Rooney these days it looks like this will end in disappointment and he will continue his fart in church routine for another 4 months. We'll not get a proper free for him in the summer and will likely have to subsidise his wages wherever he goes if he wants to stay in the PL. I'm calling it now, he'll go to Newcastle.

Still got a lot to offer in the PL, would be wasted in Asia or the US. Would love to see him still in the PL next year and hope he gets somewhere, would be great to see him take a pay cut to stay.
I'm going to assume that you are Spurs, would you be happy to take him off us since he has a lot to offer?

I actually stay not too far from the Worker's Stadium and have been hoping to see Beijing Guoan in action. If Wayne comes it might be the push that I need

People are acting like China is some fourth world country and his family are going to suffer from starvation and lack of toys. The man will go to China for two years at most to earn stupid amounts. That kind of money will make you more than comfortable anywhere in the world.
They will be treated like gods and showered in adoration especially with the two boys.

Unsurprisingly it didn't take long for the backtracking on stories that he'd move to China next week then. It will be the MLS or Everton in the summer if he's going.

China man, it´s the place to be Rooney...
Rhino horns and Sea cucumbers are good for your hair growth and other male orientated stuff..
With all that cash you could probably buy a human scalp to glue to your head.

I don't think Rooney has enjoyed being a bit part player this season. And I think for that reason he will move next week.

Too right.
He went from MUFC captain. According to LVG - best captain he ever worked with. The guy who was undroppable even though he playing consistently badly.
He was England captain. Undroppable. The then manager famously saying that Rooney can play wherever he wants to on the pitch. Rooney had become bigger than the England national team.
Within a year, Mourinho marginalises him, preferring to play a 19 year old striker, than him. England dropped him.

For those saying that Rooney is "okay" with all of the above are sorely mistaken. Any human being would be demoralised if all of the above happened within a year.

This is taken from the BBC website:

Wayne Rooney is unlikely to leave Manchester United for China this month.

The England captain's representatives spoke to Chinese Super League club Tianjin Quanjian, but coach Fabio Cannavaro said talks did not progress.

It is understood the chances of a deal being finalised over the next week are slim and the expectation is that Rooney will stay for the rest of the season.

However, the 31-year-old's departure from Old Trafford looks certain in the summer after 13 years at the club.

I don't see any problem with him being a squad player here.

Who cares about the wages. It's not your money. And 250 000 grand a week or whatever he gets in peanuts to this club.

I think the Glazers will have a problem having a bit part player on huge wages still at the club. The Glazers are business men and will be counting the cost with each passing month.

Thought something was happening, turned out to be a false alarm and rumours. *sighs*

Who cares about the wages. It's not your money. And 250 000 grand a week or whatever he gets in peanuts to this club.

Our wage bill is growing far too quickly recently, so i think its fair to say that Ed IS bothered about BFS/Rooney getting almost 25m per year with no noticeable impact on the field.

When you add Ashley Young/Shaw et al its clear we have far too many players who's huge wages dont reflect in huge performances (huge bellies maybe.....)

We could be spending that money on an actual good player that plays every week.

As rich as we are the money isn't endless, getting rid of players like Rooney and Schweinsteiger will do the club good. You can't be having squad players on 300k a week. It's a stupid way to run a club.

We're not Arsenal, but we are a business and Rooney is now a loss on the balance books. Do you think big ED would like losing 1.2mil a month on something now seemingly not needed.
This is true. However, the club only has itself to blame as they gave him that crazy contract. They had all the data available to them on his eating and drinking habits, and that he wasn't particular about staying in tip top shape. Why exactly take the risk of lumbering yourself with someone on obscene wages when they hadn't proved to be a model professional before? It was a bad business decision that they'll have to live with.

Like you, I would love if we could recoup some sort of fee, but that imo is very unlikely as I can't see him going to China.

It's £20M a year that could pay for more than a bench warmer.

I'm going to assume that you are Spurs, would you be happy to take him off us since he has a lot to offer?

Certainly 2 years ago not now, doubt he could handle the way our forwards have to close down. I meant more along the lines of offering experience to a team like Everton or in a fairy tail somewhere like Bornemouth basically a team where he would be the biggest fish in the pond, I think that would suit him. He still has the talant just not the legs.

It's £20M a year that could pay for more than a bench warmer.

Certainly 2 years ago not now, doubt he could handle the way our forwards have to close down. I meant more along the lines of offering experience to a team like Everton or in a fairy tail somewhere like Bornemouth basically a team where he would be the biggest fish in the pond, I think that would suit him. He still has the talant just not the legs.
No way will he shift Lukaku, Barkley, Bolasie or Mirallas at Everton. Bournemouth may be soft in defence but their is not one for the legless

It's not peanuts. It's money that could be better spent elsewhere, such as paying the wages of a superior player like Greizmann.

We got rid of RVP (who had offered as much as Rooney had the season before he left) due to his high wages. I find it hard to believe the club will be happy to pay Rooney his silly wages while he sits on the bench.

We got rid of RVP (who had offered as much as Rooney had the season before he left) due to his high wages. I find it hard to believe the club will be happy to pay Rooney his silly wages while he sits on the bench.

Yeah. I mean, the most important thing is not to get a fee for Rooney - it is to get rid off his wages.

Oh dear... You know £250k a week £13M per year, don't you? It's hardly peanuts...

This Everton line some of you are churning out......

The Everton fans on "GrandOldTeam" think he's worse than many of us do, you need to lower your target for him, you really do.

*There is a large thread on him with almost universal "no thanks, he's shite" type comments, when faced with the possibility of him going back.

This Everton line some of you are churning out......

The Everton fans on "GrandOldTeam" think he's worse than many of us do, you need to lower your target for him, you really do.

*There is a large thread on him with almost universal "no thanks, he's shite" type comments, when faced with the possibility of him going back.

Its not their fans that would be signing him, I don't think he will end up there anyway though

Status
Not open for further replies.