Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard from a source he will replace Sanchez and Ozil at Arsenal. Arsenal will be replacing two birds with one stone

City is an example that replacing birds with Stones hardly works

I see him more in MLS in the summer than China now.

He'll be able to take his family to Los Angeles or New York, having is boys in school and his wife doing her fashion there.

And probably a better thing for him to end the season with us trying to be useful than leaving in mid-february.

He deserves to finish on a high

With Tianjin out of the picture (Cannavaros comments), the other two has these transferrecords:

Guoan: €8 mil for Renato August

Jiangsu: €50 m for Teixeira, €28 m for Ramires

... Jiangsu not a bad shout if one was to buy Rooney. 8,23 million people living in Nanjing.

More playing time for Mata, Micky, Martial or Rashford.

It would free up a place on the bench for a player who can make a difference when subbed on (Stoke aside).

300k a week in wages saved up until the end of season and a big transfer fee which can be put towards offering a big name a more tempting deal.

No more complaints about him earning crazy money for almost nothing in return.

More competition for Mata, Micky, Martial & Rashford so they have to work harder to earn a spot. No need to insert a hilarious joke about Rooney being no competition as well. Also, Martial and Rashford can both learn from Rooney's experiences.

And as if the wages have any affect on us as fans between now and the end of the season.

People saying he will go to MLS, its not possible because
  • He is contracted to united till 2019, that means he wont go for free, MLS clubs wont pay a fee and he wont be granted a free transfer.
  • Wages in MLS are nothing compared to players in China
  • Brand Rooney will be much better in China.

Typical Journos

Journo: How was your shower today Jose?
Mou: Oh, it was a little chilly but the room was warm enough.

Paper the next day: Jose confirms Rooney will be leaving within a week.

People are acting like China is some fourth world country and his family are going to suffer from starvation and lack of toys. The man will go to China for two years at most to earn stupid amounts. That kind of money will make you more than comfortable anywhere in the world.

I see him more in MLS in the summer than China now.

He'll be able to take his family to Los Angeles or New York, having is boys in school and his wife doing her fashion there.

And probably a better thing for him to end the season with us trying to be useful than leaving in mid-february.

He deserves to finish on a high

You do know they have something some great international schools in china don't you?
In additional to them being iconic celebs in china where any old rags Colleen could knock out would sell to millions.
You'd think he was off to some 3rd world country by some of the posts on here.

People forget that he has a contract until 2019. He won't go to Everton or any other mid-table club as he would need to take a massive pay cut. He won't go to MLS either because the clubs here always sign only free transfer players and we certainly won't let him go for free. So there is only 1 league that can offer even more money for him and pay £30 million for us which would be a great deal.
China is not some wilderness where you can barely survive so I am sure he would be fine here. If we have an offer now, I don't think we should wait until summer because who knows, this Chinese league bubble might explode and we won't get anything then. He might as well do a Bastian then and simply sit out his contract which would be a disaster for us (it's a disaster even now paying £250k a week for a reserve player). Don't even tell me that we have money and we don't care about his wages... No matter how much money you have, it's way too much to be wasted.

Then he'll question the club's ambition under Pep.
This is why I'd rather have someone like Zlatan or Mkhtaryan or Martial. They would happily stay at this club for years regardless of whether we're competing in the CL or how much playing time they're getting. The fact that Rooney even cares about that is worrying.

It's not surprising to me that the club practically forced him over the line to break the record. Now he's the holder they are happy for him to go. Get much more value for 300k a week elsewhere.

Funny how the League Cup final made it clear Ruud was on his way out and could do the same for Rooney, I can see him not making the squad.

Let him go, he's done a good job for United over the years. I'd keep him but his wages are too much for a player who can't run/is past it/ and doesn't have a good first touch.

It's not surprising to me that the club practically forced him over the line to break the record. Now he's the holder they are happy for him to go. Get much more value for 300k a week elsewhere.
Probably no longer bound by the obligation to play him now he's broken the record ;)

Maybe LC final will be his final game? One more time to lift a trophy, maybe score a goal, get standing ovations from Wembley and pick his bags, and fly to China from London?

This is pretty much in line with what I've been thinking. With the world cup happening next year and Rooney's ambition to lead England one last time, it'd make more sense for him to move to a lower tier English club and play regularly.

This is pretty much in line with what I've been thinking. With the world cup happening next year and Rooney's ambition to lead England one last time, it'd make more sense for him to move to a lower tier English club and play regularly.

So is he prepared to take a huge pay cut?

There's nobody in the Premiership who will be willing to pay Rooney what he's on now.

As much as I want Rooney gone he deserves much better than China. LA or NY much better options for him personally.

Still got a lot to offer in the PL, would be wasted in Asia or the US. Would love to see him still in the PL next year and hope he gets somewhere, would be great to see him take a pay cut to stay.

This is why I'd rather have someone like Zlatan or Mkhtaryan or Martial. They would happily stay at this club for years regardless of whether we're competing in the CL or how much playing time they're getting. The fact that Rooney even cares about that is worrying.
Martial doesn't strike me as that kind of person to be honest

I read somewhere that Chinese goverment will kill the crazines of spending gzillions on new players this coming summer. Can't remember where I read it, and can't find it. But if true, if he does not go now he never will.
And one thing I don't understand why is everone talking about him playing for England?! He is not playing for our club , why would he play for the country? Based on previous performances and his history? Redicilous!

question is, is he happy to take a pay cut?

I read somewhere that Chinese goverment will kill the crazines of spending gzillions on new players this coming summer. Can't remember where I read it, and can't find it. But if true, if he does not go now he never will.
And one thing I don't understand why is everone talking about him playing for England?! He is not playing for our club , why would he play for the country? Based on previous performances and his history? Redicilous!

The FA are scared of him.

Still got a lot to offer in the PL, would be wasted in Asia or the US. Would love to see him still in the PL next year and hope he gets somewhere, would be great to see him take a pay cut to stay.

Would you be happy for him to be at Spurs? and if so, what role do you think he can play in the Pochettino set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.