View full 2015-16 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: He doesn't strike me as being that introspective.
No I didn't think so. No doubt he's probably blaming everyone else:rolleyes:
Maybe he'll get injured on England duty?:angel:

Its a fecked up world when you got United fans wishing "Wayne Rooney" our own captain to get injured during International break to prevent him from playing for us a while. But its even more fked up when you realize its totally fair, as its the only way to get him off that field as the manager won't do it.

Its a fecked up world when you got United fans wishing "Wayne Rooney" our own captain to get injured during International break to prevent him from playing for us a while. But its even more fked up when you realize its totally fair, as its the only way to get him off that field as the manager won't do it.
I know it's bad. I wouldn't dream I would wish that on one of our players but...
Find myself wishing Smalling wouldn't be called up cause I'm afraid he'll get injured, yet on the hand not bothered if Rooney's called up. I know, it's not good but can't see any other way he'll be left out.

If we're not going to play him uptop as we believe that Martial can get us the goals we need to be successful then we might as well sell him in Jan. Moving him around isn't going to help us with anything. He's lost a step, so his play as a second striker is really limited at this point. Moving him out wide today was nothing short of pointless.

Why aren't the press no longer slaughtering him when he hits bad form? Why aren't they firing questions at LVG regarding his performances?

Is it because he's England's captain? Give me a break.

The media only report on positives when it comes to Rooney nowadays.

Oh, don't forget to tune into BBC One tommorow evening to watch the documentation on Wayne's England success and broken records.

Quite a bizzare turnaround.

I know it's bad. I wouldn't dream I would wish that on one of our players but...
Find myself wishing Smalling wouldn't be called up cause I'm afraid he'll get injured, yet on the hand not bothered if Rooney's called up. I know, it's not good but can't see any other way he'll be left out.

Don't be afraid to think that, cuz everyone is secretly wishing that. Its the sad, but fair, truth. He has gotten 242402230 chances, and LVG had 3238423920523230 chances to take him out. Its totally logical that fans eventually start thinking like this, even tough they nobody truly wishes harm on him ofc.

Why aren't the press no longer slaughtering him when he hits bad form? Why aren't they firing questions at LVG regarding his performances?

Oh, don't forget to tune into BBC One tommorow evening to watch the documentation on Wayne's England success and broken records.

Probably cause he's England's captain. Even Neville won't criticise him - it's ludicrous.
Ain't tuning into BBC either. Feck it. I'll still be upset with the whole result and don't indulging him:mad:

One reason is it's a bit hard for a reporter to write England's leading goalscorer is actually pretty shit.

Another reason is that a lot journalist and pundits don't actually understand football. They were calling for Rooney to play number 10 so he can get on the ball, run around a bit and be passionate. Then when he plays #10 and looks shit, they blame LvG and his 'negative' system.

We all know it's bad. But then you would have to ask yourself how and why Van Gaal has not unleashed upon Rooney the same kind of hell he gave to Mark van Bommel at Bayern Munich. Van Bommel became shit and was finished, so he was kicked out of the team as the right decision. If there is a pattern that goes with his own past, Van Gaal should not hesitate in pushing Rooney out of the starting XI by all means.

The media are ass-kissers with barely one brain cell each. If there was any form of intelligence in the country's football media business, Rooney would have been crucified long ago.

I don't get the flak he's getting from some on here of his performance today. I've been a harsh critic of him this season but he was good today from about thirty minutes on. At least he was constantly trying things and showed a decent amount of passion.

Waduh bang, gak salah liat?

He gives away possession cheaply on several occassion. Cheaply, he simply pass the ball to them. He's always clogging up the midfield, the way he's standing he's standing behind 2 defenders and probably won't get anything, he never makes himself available for a pass.

Look at Sanchez, Aguero, Martial, that's what's a striker supposed to do. All he does these days is ping it back/sideways and pretend to run, and hides away from the action.

His best attack today was when he failed to control the ball which ended at Schweinsteiger who almost scored. :lol:
I remember that. :lol:. Mata passed to him for a give and go, Rooney completely missed the ball and it went to BFS. I could not stop laughing at how bad he has become.

If it tooks him 9 months just to show us that "at least he has some desire today" he deserves to get sacked, and terminated.

With the Euros coming, Van Gaal can speed up the termination process a lot quicker by denying Rooney those important playing minutes, which would force the player to terminate the contract and get somewhere else in January. After all, Rooney doesn't have many allies (nor he should have) in the dressing room with the way he performed since last season.

With the Euros coming, Van Gaal can speed up the termination process a lot quicker by denying Rooney those important playing minutes, which would force the player to terminate the contract and get somewhere else in January. After all, Rooney doesn't have many allies (nor he should have) in the dressing room with the way he performed since last season.

The way all the players talk about him, I really highly doubt that. I think Rooney is without a doubt one of the most appreciated and loved players in the dressing room, which makes it even harder for LVG to drop him. It's not just about football, there are many things to consider.

The way all the players talk about him, I really highly doubt that. I think Rooney is without a doubt one of the most appreciated and loved players in the dressing room, which makes it even harder for LVG to drop him. It's not just about football, there are many things to consider.

What could happen in the worst case? That Van Gaal creates a John Terry/Steven Gerrard-type of controversy/malaise and invites a mutiny if he decides to drop Rooney? We have to remember that United is not a club to build personality cults with players that easily compared to other clubs.

What could happen in the worst case? That Van Gaal creates a John Terry/Steven Gerrard-type of controversy/malaise and invites a mutiny if he decides to drop Rooney?

Something like that yeah. Obviously I'm not 100% sure and maybe there are some players who are truly annoyed to see him play week in week out. I just think that if it was easy to drop Rooney, LVG would have done it a long time ago. He is stubborn but surely not blind. Everyone can see Rooney has become a true liability, LVG needs to show some big balls now.

Part of the problem is that the options are not great. I mean dropping Rooney means Fellaini (God no) or Herrera or Wilson ( can he really trust Wilson instead of Rooney?) or Pereira ( again can he ready trust him to replace Rooney? )

Part of the problem is that the options are not great. I mean dropping Rooney means Fellaini (God no) or Herrera or Wilson ( can he really trust Wilson instead of Rooney?) or Pereira ( again can he ready trust him to replace Rooney? )

Herrera for number 10 as a regular (or at least until we find better elsewhere), Wilson as Martial's striking partner if we throw the kitchen sink in order to grab a goal late in the match, Pereira as the secondary option to Memphis on the left. If we want to get rid the last few elements of archaic football we have in the side, we have to live and die with players who have plenty to prove. Better that than persisting with a liability who is clearly losing it.

I'm not going to jump on Rooney's back, but his form is so far off where it needs to be that something needs to give.

I'd take him out of the team for a decent spell and let him physically and mentally recuperate. What's more, let's try to change his psychology and make him realise that his place in the side isn't a given - has he ever been more comfortable at both club and international level in terms of being assured of his place?

Problem is, we've got massive games coming up and Van Gaal isn't going to dethrone his captain, so the whole debate is elementary.

It's a bit depressing that we currently have this millstone around our neck and, despite it being quite clear that something needs to change, our manager will keep things exactly as they are.

Captain's privileges.

Before we played Arsenal I thought Rooney would use the opportunity to prove his doubters wrong. Instead, everything people have been saying about him was proven right. He has had bad periods in the past and recovered, this looks different. He looks genuinely gone.

I was one of the people who thought that Rooney would have a good season this time around as he will never be in midfield. But looks like he is really losing focus along with form.

LVG post match comments about him are a joke.

What'd he say?

I thought he was dogshit in the first half. One of our worst. Improved in the second when he was out of the center. Would rather him than Memphis out there. Would still like both out of the side though.

I've never felt about a United player how I feel about Rooney, utterly pissed off.

Just want to get the season over and get him sold. Can't believe he is undroppable, even if LVG refuses to see it you'd have thought Giggs would say 'come on, we've got to drop him'.

There is a myth around Rooney that he is a world class player who changes games. He hasn't been that for years now and often makes the team worse.

I'm sick and tired of watching him in our team and the so called pundits gracing him as a football God, Scholes was at it in midweek saying he'll turn it on at the weekend, Merson thought he would be the best player on the park against Arsenal. What a joke, people need to wake up.

What'd he say?

I thought he was dogshit in the first half. One of our worst. Improved in the second when he was out of the center. Would rather him than Memphis out there. Would still like both out of the side though.
Something about him his being captain more important than his performances good or bad.
I am beyond fed up with him. He's shite. And him being the conductor of our attack is killing us imo. When your captain, talisman and highest paid player is by far and away your worst player on the pitch for months and seems to get picked regardless, it sends the wrong vibe to the team regardless of if he's liked or not. I can't wait till he feck off. Beyond a joke now.

thought van gaal dropped van bommel at bayern who was captain then. surely if this abject performance continues he'll drop rooney.

A team carrying it's captain. I thought it was supposed to be the other way round.

thought van gaal dropped van bommel at bayern who was captain then. surely if this abject performance continues he'll drop rooney.

The big question still remains how and why Van Gaal has not yet told Rooney the good old "f*** you and kiss my ass". This is a lot worse from Rooney than how low Van Bommel got back then.

The big question still remains how and why Van Gaal has not yet told Rooney the good old "f*** you and kiss my ass". This is a lot worse from Rooney than how low Van Bommel got back then.
It's the club kissing his arse and/or something in that contract of his. Only Ed Woodward can put a stop to this.

Swansea - We were the better team. Swansea scored two in like 10 mins. Other than that, they didn't do much

Southampton - After first 20 mins, we were easily the better team.

Wolfsburg - Once they scored, they dropped off and allowed us to have the ball.

Arsenal - Battered us in the first half, went 3 nil up in 20 mins.

The game vs Swansea was pretty even. They were creating great chances already in the first half.

We had more possession than Southampton after the first 20 min. till the last 20 min. but weren't threatening before Mata stepped up. He created a good chance for Memphis and then contributed to Martial's first goal. Besides, we didn't create more chances than them, they had more shots on target.

Against Wolfsburg Mata won and scored the pen and assisted the winner after we were a goal down in a crucial game.

Besides, even if it were true that we were in control in these games, it's not as if Mata didn't contribute to our dominanance but only utilised it. We were "in control" partly because Mata was palying well...

What's your criterion of being in control? Having more possession? Then we were in control against Arsenal after they scored their 2nd goal. And what's your point anyway? That Mata doesn't play well when we don't have a lot of possession? Isn't it quite natural for a forward to be more useful when his team plays with the ball?

:lol: That's actually quite funny. Walcott did the damage when it mattered and Rooney's performance improved, if you can call it that, when the game was dead, the Sun can't seem to grasp that.

The media don't want to be honest about Rooney because if his place in the United XI starts to be questioned then so would his England place and they can't do that to the precious captain before the Euros. Next season, after England have failed at the Euros and his performances for us have been crap so we buy a new striker, Rooney is in for a rude awakening.

Even when he was good Evertoon was usually a write off. So expecting more of the same at Goodison. If you don't laugh, you'll cry.

Expecting absolute pelters for saying this, but he was our best player under the WhoScored rating system.

Thought Martial was probably our most dangerous myself, but after that, you're struggling to say anyone was clearly better than Rooney.
Maybe Rooney played better in the 2nd half, but my god our standards have sunk to an all-time low if some think that is good enough. It says something when Giggs looks in better shape than the team captain.

Better today than he has been I thought, but he was still bad. But so was everyone else.
He was bad, but LvG wants his captains qualities on the pitch. Wayne is never a captain, he cannot drive the team on, all he does is argue with the refs and a captain should be able to organise the team, as they get sod all help from the touchline until it's too late. He does not have the intelligence to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.