View full 2015-16 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. I don't think you understand what I am saying. His match fitness, in terms of lasting 90 minutes might be at the best it's been in ages. But his body cannot physically do what he has done in the past.

Yeah, I didn't. My point anyways was about his competitiveness physically in the PL. Anyway can you call somebody fit even if they last 90 minutes if during the whole period they are hardly running or stretching themselves?

I don't buy into the idea that Rooney's contract states he must always play.

It would be an utterly ludicrous thing for United to have agreed to, especially as it wasn't a short term deal but one that means he will be playing with us until he is almost 34.

Also if Van Gaal was genuinely being forced into having his team picked for him in such a way I'm sure it would have come out by now. He would realise he looks like an idiot constantly picking the same underperforming player and it would be leaked to the press. Hell, he is so honest and blunt he would probably have just said it himself the first time Rooney had a bad game. Instead he constantly raves about Rooney and talks him up more than any other player, is that something that Rooney's contract says the manager must do as well?

it was a ludicrous deal fullstop. Players over 30 supposedly got yearly extensions to observe their progress

In the way the press have asked Mourinho about Terry and Ivanovic and Wenger about Ospina, I was hoping that this week a journo / media would directly ask LVG the question on Rooney's form.

He looks like a fan who's won a competition to captain the team for a day.

Absolutley rubbish in all aspects.

That's typical of the media: they will give a share of more or less deserved shit to England internationals when they play rubbish for the national team, but they will keep quiet on their performances at club level because they don't want to hear the truth.

According to people who watched the Sky broadcast from yesterday, even Gary didn't have the balls to start the discussion on Rooney. For me, it says a lot about how England internationals are overprotected at club level.

Regarding that 6-year deal, the only thing I will say about it is that Moyes deserves every single bit of profanity aimed at him by everyone for bending over like a hooker in dire need of money.

That's typical of the media: they will give a share of more or less deserved shit to England internationals when they play rubbish for the national team, but they will keep quiet on their performances at club level because they don't want to hear the truth.

According to people who watched the Sky broadcast from yesterday, even Gary didn't have the balls to start the discussion on Rooney. For me, it says a lot about how England internationals are overprotected at club level.

Regarding that 6-year deal, the only thing I will say about it is that Moyes deserves every single bit of profanity aimed at him by everyone for bending over like a hooker in dire need of money.
:lol::lol::lol:

Well, that's probably the best analogy I can find about Moyes on that particular case and I also laugh (or cry) about it as well. :lol:
I still can't stop laughing! Great line that!
Just wondering if United's PR people ever have a peak at the fans' forums. Can you imagine them reading this thread?:D

Seeing your captain play shite week in week out will be detrimental to team morale so something has to be done. He always plays terribly against Everton away anyway so it's the perfect time to drop him.

They do. I know that for a fact.

/ITK

But they do.
If you're not kidding, please can you ask your sources to have a word with Ed to help us out here and order LVG to put Rooney's arse on the bench? Thanks:D

Seeing your captain play shite week in week out will be detrimental to team morale so something has to be done. He always plays terribly against Everton away anyway so it's the perfect time to drop him.
Agreed. But who's gonna tell LVG Rooney's history of playing shite against Everton? Not Giggs I don't think. Our best bet is him picking up an injury during the break (as horrible as that sounds).

He must have some clause in his contract that he must play every game, that's the only reasonable explanation for being picked every week after the shit performances he's put in in the last 7-8 months.

Probably this, as the new contract was under Moyes he must have inserted whatever clauses he wanted, as SAF would not have allowed that

This is theoretical of course, but it seems to be the most likely, Moyes did set us back a good bit

Its becoming absolutely pathetic how bad he is. Right now he'd make a premier league worst xi.

If you're not kidding, please can you ask your sources to have a word with Ed to help us out here and order LVG to put Rooney's arse on the bench? Thanks:D

I'm not kidding.

And yeah - I'll ask him. He's an utter idiot, though - can't promise anything. He only cares about noodles.

I'm not kidding.

And yeah - I'll ask him. He's an utter idiot, though - can't promise anything. He only cares about noodles.
????:lol:

I hope the 'idiot' referred to is not Ed Woodward as we're depending on the bastard:D

He must have some clause in his contract that he must play every game, that's the only reasonable explanation for being picked every week after the shit performances he's put in in the last 7-8 months.

It's definitely something like that, it's not possible that everyone on our bench is blind for his performances. I mean, even people like Pogue and NessunDorma admitted he should be dropped. I think it's probably something to do with sponsors or like you said his contract.

It's definitely something like that, it's not possible that everyone on our bench is blind for his performances. I mean, even people like Pogue and NessunDorma admitted he should be dropped. I think it's probably something to do with sponsors or like you said his contract.
If it is the sponsors, it will be to their detriment to have a player going downhill so quickly representing them.

????:lol:

I hope the 'idiot' referred to is not Ed Woodward as we're depending on the bastard:D

Oh, you're serious?

Well, then - that's different.

I've no idea about what Woody does. But I do suspect he's keen on noodles.

As for PR people and such - people who are paid to care about the overall image and impression of Manchester United, the brand...yes, they do follow what goes on around the old Internet, including the Caf.

The Caf is probably the most talked-about and visited United forum around - so they do pay some attention to what goes on here. They're largely idiots, though, according to my definition of the word - the ones I know in that capacity. They don't have a clue. They look at "fan response" in a completely different light from what you or I would.

If I were to venture a guess, based on what I know, the more blatantly stupid anything you write on here is, the bigger the chance that some twat employed to monitor "fan response on social media and Internet forums" is likely to register it. And they're far more interested in how you feel about Chevrolet than about the crossing ability of Antonio Valencia.

Oh, you're serious?

Well, then - that's different.

I've no idea about what Woody does. But I do suspect he's keen on noodles.

As for PR people and such - people who are paid to care about the overall image and impression of Manchester United, the brand...yes, they do follow what goes on around the old Internet, including the Caf.

The Caf is probably the most talked-about and visited United forum around - so they do pay some attention to what goes on here. They're largely idiots, though, according to my definition of the word - the ones I know in that capacity. They don't have a clue. They look at "fan response" in a completely different light from what you or I would.

If I were to venture a guess, based on what I know, the more blatantly stupid anything you write on here is, the bigger the chance that some twat employed to monitor "fan response on social media and Internet forums" is likely to register it. And they're far more interested in how you feel about Chevrolet than about the crossing ability of Antonio Valencia.
No I wasn't serious. But it's a shame if no one picks up on sensible comments.

Edit - Have to say their marketing team seem great to me even if they're PR people aren't so great. I still can't get my head around how they've made Rooney marketable especially at this time. Completely baffles me:D

But it's a shame if no one picks up on sensible comments.

I can practically guarantee that no one does that.

It has nothing to do with why they're monitoring a site like the Caf in the first place - completely different worlds.

Hmm...so I must be one of the few that thought he did OK today. Certainly wasn't amongst the worst performers and not the reason we lost the game. I thought he looked much better on the left than centrally. Certainly a better option there than Memphis at the moment.

The manager will surely at least discuss with his staff the prospect of using 4-3-3 with Rooney on the left and Herrera in the middle three, I think it would also benefit Carrick, Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin.

It will be more of a 4321 with Mata and Rooney roaming in and then Martial roaming wide, push the full backs high up for width.

Memphis also benefits from having the pressure taken off him, let him come on off the bench for a bit in the last half an hour.

I think it's harsh to be overly critical of him yesterday. Don't get me wrong, he's useless and the sheer sight of him makes me want to blind myself, and I'd love to see him put on the bench... in a local park, but he wasn't alone in being useless.

The times today claimed Van Gaal wanted to press Arsenal from the off which could suggest Bastian running around like a mad man but the senior players like Carrick and Rooney wanted to sit back. We were set to press, our back four was very high up the pitch but Carrick, Rooney weren't putting any pressure on the ball and our wingers were very advanced. Was a disaster really.

I realize that I sound like a hater but Rooney in particular is one of the worst players I have seen in a long time, as an advanced player he is always in position to press, he should always push forward, he should always support the attacks but he never does it, I'm 100% that he doesn't respect the manager's instructions and I don't understand why he isn't in the stands.

I realize that I sound like a hater but Rooney in particular is one of the worst players I have seen in a long time, as an advanced player he is always in position to press, he should always push forward, he should always support the attacks but he never does it, I'm 100% that he doesn't respect the manager's instructions and I don't understand why he isn't in the stands.
I think that's what VAn Gaal meant by the players didn't follow instructions. We were set up to press but some players decided not to.

I think that's what VAn Gaal meant by the players didn't follow instructions. We were set up to press but some players decided not to.

But with Rooney it's always the case, I'm almost sure that it's the reason why SAF wanted rid and I supported the manager, when Moyes decided to change our organisation and create a system Rooney friendly I also supported it because he is a good player, but now we are playing a system that realize on disciplined and intelligent players and it seems that Rooney isn't disciplined or intelligent.

Van Gaal did say : "We have to do better as a team. The defence starts with the attacker."

So Martial/Rooney.

Mediawatch on F365 reports that The Sun gave Rooney a 7 rating and Walcott only a 6.

:eek:

Second half was probably the best I've seen him play for at least two years, probably since his second half sub appearance against Swansea in Moyes' first game. The issue is, despite this, I still gave him a 5 out of 10 for his entire performance, which is close to the best he can do at the moment.

I do not apologise that I've been secretly hoping he gets injured, or at least suspended for a few. This is what it's come to.
Are you being serious?

Mediawatch on F365 reports that The Sun gave Rooney a 7 rating and Walcott only a 6.

How on Earth?
Rooney wasn't the worst player on the pitch against Arsenal, but for him to get more than Walcott (who was rampant against us). This makes no sense.

Just watched that documentary on him... Miss how he used to be really :(
Hopefully he can get back to a decent level, he's still young enough that he shouldn't be declining so much. His general play has been hugely improved the last few games with Martial there IMO, just still nowhere near what it used to be. Not sure what it'll take to get him back if it's possible at all. Don't think our style is doing him any favors though. People forget how good he has been for us over the years with the way they shit on him after every game really. He's a United legend, but obviously needs to up his game. Rooney's one of the very few players I've always held hope for that he'll come back from any bad incident, or that he'll stay at United, that he'll basically come through the rough patch. If he does again this season, then we have a shot at winning the title I think. Would be huge for us.

Just watched that documentary on him... Miss how he used to be really :(
Hopefully he can get back to a decent level, he's still young enough that he shouldn't be declining so much. His general play has been hugely improved the last few games with Martial there IMO, just still nowhere near what it used to be. Not sure what it'll take to get him back if it's possible at all. Don't think our style is doing him any favors though. People forget how good he has been for us over the years with the way they shit on him after every game really. He's a United legend, but obviously needs to up his game. Rooney's one of the very few players I've always held hope for that he'll come back from any bad incident, or that he'll stay at United, that he'll basically come through the rough patch. If he does again this season, then we have a shot at winning the title I think. Would be huge for us.

He has been a great player for this Club, but that shouldn't mean he is immune to criticism. If he went out the door next summer he would have had a great career to look back upon for Manchester United.
RvP already started to decline in his second year with us at the age of 30, Rooney is soon turning 30 and it's not unthinkable that he is just not up to the level anymore.

I think most fans would love if he suddently started banging goals in.

He has been a great player for this Club, but that shouldn't mean he is immune to criticism. If he went out the door next summer he would have had a great career to look back upon for Manchester United.
RvP already started to decline in his second year with us at the age of 30, Rooney is soon turning 30 and it's not unthinkable that he is just not up to the level anymore.

I think most fans would love if he suddently started banging goals in.
Well there is criticism and I criticize him as well, but people on here go way over the top unecessarily and just revert to saying it's a shit performance even if he puts in a decent one these days. The majority on here just don't like him, or at least that's what it feels like.

Are you being serious?

lol, apart from the initial bit about the Arsenal game being his best performance in 2 years, I'd agree with Rozay. He deserved a 5 out 10 and yes, as extreme as it is, I would actually wish him injury to get him out of the team. It'd be better for the team, the manager and arguably the good for him too. Some time out whatever the circumstance will be good (in an idealistic world).

Well there is criticism and I criticize him as well, but people on here go way over the top unecessarily and just revert to saying it's a shit performance even if he puts in a decent one these days. The majority on here just don't like him, or at least that's what it feels like.

He hasn't had a sustained decent performance (in a pressure setting) for a while. Not for his standards or for Utd. He is a non factor and that's being harsh but also truthful. If his name was Kagawa, Herrera or Januzaj with those performances, he'd get the same amount of criticism AND massive media attention.

It's funny, the older he's got and since having his kids he's become much less aggressive. I do think this is linked, he always used to play better when angry and fired up. I feel that now since he's matured and has become a role model he feels he has to behave at everything he does. That's taken some of the fire out of his performances and I unfortunately don't think he will get that back.

If we think back to his last truly good performance, it was probably against Spurs. That was when the press were giving him stick for getting knocked out by Phil Bardsley. Only then did he feel like he had to answer for something and really gave it 100% IMO. Since then though he's just going through the motions these days.

It's funny, the older he's got and since having his kids he's become much less aggressive. I do think this is linked, he always used to play better when angry and fired up. I feel that now since he's matured and has become a role model he feels he has to behave at everything he does. That's taken some of the fire out of his performances and I unfortunately don't think he will get that back.

If we think back to his last truly good performance, it was probably against Spurs. That was when the press were giving him stick for getting knocked out by Phil Bardsley. Only then did he feel like he had to answer for something and really gave it 100% IMO. Since then though he's just going through the motions these days.
I've been saying this for a long time now. Angry Rooney > calm Rooney. He needs to play on the edge.

He lost the anger and fire after he did the metatarsal at Chelsea in 2006 to be fair.

Never been the same player since.

Status
Not open for further replies.