View full 2015-16 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
TBF they are hardly setting the heather on fire.
point being he put all his faith in Rooney as his 9, and after a month is shown up by a 19 year old. Van Persie would have made a better contribution, but that's all hindsight

Don't wish injuries on players. But really hope he misses the Everton game because we know what we'd get with Wayne at Everton.

Stats:
3 shots
2 on target
0 in the box
39/49 passes
79.6% completion
7 short passes failed
3 long passes failed
1 chance created
1/3 crosses

There were glimpses of the old rooney here and there today, still rubbish overall, but there's still hope.

Gonna cause a problem with his teammates for sure. They get their arses hauled for any feck ups but not Rooney. It's human nature that this will start causing resentment amongst the group.

Stats:
3 shots
2 on target
0 in the box
39/49 passes
79.6% completion
7 short passes failed
3 long passes failed
1 chance created
1/3 crosses
Most of those passes/shots would have been after the damage was done. We had tons of possession after 20 minutes because Arsenal sat back so the stats don't really tell the story, although they're not amazing anyway.

Most of those passes/shots would have been after the damage was done. We had tons of possession after 20 minutes because Arsenal sat back so the stats don't really tell the story, although they're not amazing anyway.

I know mate I know. See my post above that. I left the stats on their own as I'd already made my case today. And have done in every match so far too. If only Fergie had his way after Madrid.

People are actually saying 'he did well today'.

:lol: :lol:

How many times did he give the ball away, get muscled off it and started Arsenal's attacks for them. I've had enough of him now, I really wish Fergie stayed one more season, because we'll be rid of him. No! Moyes the inept cnut had to ride in and convince him to stay.

Take away the Brugge game and he has 2 goals in 10 games, one to a Championship side and the other bundled in off his knee which he didnt know about. Even his England goals were penalties. He doesn't look a threat at the moment.

Has he given Martial a chance yet? Like set him up
Yeah I think he did just before the first half ended, that was the first time I noticed him do some thing.
The lies your problem and the majority of Rooney's defenders, it's just not enough for Rooney to look better than six of our players or to deliver something close to the minimum acceptable level of performance. He is our talisman, our captain and his performances have to reflect that because there is no middle ground here. In games like today's he is the one we are supposed to look to for inspiration and leadership. If he can no longer do that then he is no longer fit for purpose and the weakness Van Gaal is showing right now explains exactly why he was a default choice for this job because if any one of the usual suspects were available he wouldn't be here.
This is what a lot of us are banging on about but a lot of people take this the wrong way and think it's a dig at Rooney. Was watching the documentary on Cantona after the game and I think it was Bruce who said whenever we were down or looking for a goal we all turned to Eric. This is the role Rooney should have and it's why some supporters like my self aren't happy with his performance. He's suppose to be our talisman. but from what I have seen Martial looks a better fit for that role.

Actually think he wasn't too bad today, especially in the second half. Confidence or no confidence, when things aren't going well, Rooney doesn't shy away from the ball like Mata, etc. He tried to force the issue in the second half. Unfortunately, nothing much come of it.

Actually think he wasn't too bad today, especially in the second half. Confidence or no confidence, when things aren't going well, Rooney doesn't shy away from the ball like Mata, etc. He tried to force the issue in the second half. Unfortunately, nothing much come of it.

Game over, that's the problem.

Strange comment.. Mata has been one of United's better attacking players this season. Rooney easily the worst.
1 away league goal in a calendar year.

He only got a little bit more into the game as Arsenal were sitting back and inviting pressure. Which did work out pretty well for them as they could have scored at least twice from those chances. Rooney was shite overall. A little less shite in the second half but still. He is holding us back atm

Hmm...so I must be one of the few that thought he did OK today. Certainly wasn't amongst the worst performers and not the reason we lost the game. I thought he looked much better on the left than centrally. Certainly a better option there than Memphis at the moment.

Strange comment.. Mata has been one of United's better attacking players this season. Rooney easily the worst.
1 away league goal in a calendar year.

It's not strange at all. All of Mata's good performances have come when the team have played well. Not taking anything away from his performances, because he has been brilliant in the last few games, but when the going gets tough, he's non existent.

It's not strange at all. All of Mata's good performances have come when the team have played well. Not taking anything away from his performances, because he has been brilliant in the last few games, but when the going gets tough, he's non existent.

Well, the games against Swansea, Southampton, Wolfsburg were pretty difficult and Mata was one of our best players in all of them, unlike Rooney who was one of the worst...

Yeah he does. You need to watch him more closely.

I've seen vacating the number 10 area hoping the ball goes wide for him to get on the end of a cross.

...and Mata shies away from the ball??!

Well, the games against Swansea, Southampton, Wolfsburg were pretty difficult and Mata was one of our best players in all of them, unlike Rooney who was one of the worst...

We were always in control in those games, though, and didn't go 3 nil down in any of them.

That's bollocks. Watch the games again.

Swansea - We were the better team. Swansea scored two in like 10 mins. Other than that, they didn't do much

Southampton - After first 20 mins, we were easily the better team.

Wolfsburg - Once they scored, they dropped off and allowed us to have the ball.

Arsenal - Battered us in the first half, went 3 nil up in 20 mins.

I don't get how he is still in the team. It's utterly baffling. LVG has been quick to both criticise and drop everyone else for less yet Rooney gets away with it game after game.

It's also fecking infuriating to hear Neville criticise everyone but Rooney. He was absolutely spot on in everything he said today but refused to call out Rooney on another abject display.

Rooney is done as a top level player. He's not a Giggs, Scholes who can contribute on a reduced scale - to be honest, you can probably draw conclusions with his lifestyle and how he's abused his body over the years.

No away goal since November 2014. 1 league goal since April 2015. Today was not a poor performance, just a continuation of what's been going on for a long time.

Last edited:
Absolutely fecking horrific. I remember arguing with some idiot on here who kept saying that he was likely to get over 20 goals this season

The was a moment in the first half, at 2-0...we were just starting to get some sort of foothold in the game, Martial or Mata had it down the right channel, and passed it inside to Rooney, who's first touch was hopeless. Ramsey nicked it off him, Rooney then chased him and won it back...and then proceeded to lose it again. I thought that sort of summed Rooney up these days. He's just utterly hopeless on the ball.

A few minutes later Arsenal made it 3.

I don't get how he is still in the team. It's utterly baffling. LVG has been quick to both criticise and drop everyone else for less yet Rooney gets away with it game after game.

It's also fecking infuriating to hear Neville criticise everyone but Rooney. He was absolutely spot on in everything he said today but refused to call out Rooney on another abject display.

Rooney is done as a top level player. He's not a Giggs, Scholes who can contribute on a reduced scale - to be honest, you can probably draw conclusions with his lifestyle and how he's abused his body over the years.

No away goal since November 2014. 1 league goal since April 2014. Today was not a poor performance, just a continuation of what's been going on for a long time.

Surely those stats aren't right?

Rooney supporters;

"Not the worst player"

"Has started showing the odd good moment"

"Had some nice touches"

Jeez take a second look at yourselves. Kagawa got butchered for far less and I am still of the opinion that we should've kept him and sold Rooney. We don't pay him 300k/w for the odd good moment or to not be crap. Get him out.

Rooney supporters;

"Not the worst player"

"Has started showing the odd good moment"

"Had some nice touches"

Jeez take a second look at yourselves. Kagawa got butchered for far less and I am still of the opinion that we should've kept him and sold Rooney. We don't pay him 300k/w for the odd good moment or to not be crap. Get him out.

Its incredible how low people will drop their standards in order to back Rooney. Its the exact same things we heard all last season in regards to Falcao and RVP. Now look at them.

You could probably find 30 odd other PL players that would put in better performances for us, if given the game time Rooney is being afforded.

When the players were walking off after the full time whistle the camera went on to him walking off with Carrick and it looked like he was unhappy about something that had happened out there, perhaps what one of our players had done? Did anyone else notice this? Do we have any lip readers who can make out what was said?

Actual performances aside, there is no way this lad should be captain IMO. What exactly does he bring to the table for the role? He appears to be struggling to inspire himself to consistently decent heights and so how can we rely on him to do it for the entire team.

Someone needed to calm it down for 10 minutes after the first goal and whilst I'm disappointed Schweinsteiger didn't do so I'm not at all surprised that Rooney failed to fulfil his duties as captain and seasoned pro by slowing it down and settling the team. He decided to show a little fire in the second half when Arsenal were toying with us but it is of no use to a, by then, thoroughly disheartened/beaten team.

Our senior players collectively let us down today, 45 minutes of Rooney pissing in the wind doesn't make a blind bit of difference to his overall culpability and I have yet to see him do anything worthy of the armband (anecdotes about a rousing speech aside).

When the players were walking off after the full time whistle the camera went on to him walking off with Carrick and it looked like he was unhappy about something that had happened out there, perhaps what one of our players had done? Did anyone else notice this? Do we have any lip readers who can make out what was said?

I read somewhere it was words to the effect "Well that was a bit shit wasn't it". Don't know how accurate that is as I didn't witness it but apparently it could be heard on a certain broadcast.

I read somewhere it was words to the effect "Well that was a bit shit wasn't it". Don't know how accurate that is as I didn't witness it but apparently it could be heard on a certain broadcast.
Was he referring to his performance?:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.