View full 2015-16 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been poor in every single game. He's one of our biggest reasons why we look poor upfront. Really time to bench him - we should have done that some time ago

Got slaughtered today but was no where near the worst, Carrick made him look like Bryan Robson. His standard 5/10 fare but no worse.

Was probably our best player today along with Martial. One of the few who looked like they could be fecked actually, he went past players actually too and had some nice touches and that one decent shot. Absolutely no way he should be criticized at all for today.

Better in the second half, although still lost the ball a lot and had his usual collection of crap first touches. But his performance in the second half did make me wonder if he should be moved out to the left for a while. Rooney - Herrera - Mata. Thoughts?

I'm as critical of him as anyone but I thought he did a lot better today, at least he was in the game for most of the second half this time.

He did well in the 2nd half, actually looked hurt by the result. Credit to him for that but he isn't good enough anymore. Herrera should be our 10.

Was probably our best player today along with Martial. One of the few who looked like they could be fecked actually, he went past players actually too and had some nice touches and that one decent shot. Absolutely no way he should be criticized at all for today.

Agree fully. Not a fan of Rooney these past 2 seasons but he was actually up for it today. One of the better players for us today.

He wasn't bad today, but we still needed an actual attacking midfielder there. Seemed less of a hindrence when moved out wide, and contributed a little more, as the 3 man midfield didn't include him.

Amazingly enough he wasn't the worst player on the pitch today.

Even more shocking is he can still sprint, although he was only running in a straight line I was afraid he wasn't even capable of moving with some pace anymore. Too bad he doesn't show this more often.

He's a worldwide football superstar, nearing the level of Messi and Ronaldo in terms of fame, and above Muller, Lewandowski, Sanchez etc; where are his 'superstar' performances?

It's time we start to replace him not just for the long term but for the short term as well. He is so out of form it's crazy he still gets picked.

He wasn't even 'one of the better', that's pure bullshit easily masked by the second half. He's been starting most of Arse counters, hasn't helped midfield and done feck all in attack.
exactly. first half was pathetic, pulled his finger out in the 2nd as Arsenal were smoking cigars

Looked a little better in the 2nd half, couldn't be much worse though.

Not sure what he brings to the team to be honest. Doesn't look like scoring, doesn't look like he's going to create much and today he should have been stuck on Cazorla to stop him playing.

He'll get the abuse as he's the obvious scapegoat but he was decent today. We had far worse performers in the team.

He'll get the abuse as he's the obvious scapegoat but he was decent today. We had far worse performers in the team.

Expecting absolute pelters for saying this, but he was our best player under the WhoScored rating system.

Thought Martial was probably our most dangerous myself, but after that, you're struggling to say anyone was clearly better than Rooney.

But he will be because it's trending to criticise rooney for everything.

He's been his usual shit today, but to be fair others were worse, so that's something, I guess...

He wasn't great but better than some others

Everyone wants him dropped. I doubt it would have made any difference to today's result

Maybe if we still had robin van Persie though...

He is the 100 lb albatross around our neck...the white pele, successfully ransoming the club for 300k/week and made captain. The sooner LVG realizes that he hasn't played anywhere near well enough to justify a starting role the sooner we can find someone to play the 10 position to better effect.

He is the 100 lb albatross around our neck...the white pele, successfully ransoming the club for 300k/week and made captain. The sooner LVG realizes that he hasn't played anywhere near well enough to justify a starting role the sooner we can find someone to play the 10 position to better effect.

The white Heskey

He's been his usual shit today, but to be fair others were worse, so that's something, I guess...

Yeah, the last valid argument for those that still want him in this team. It's ok that he's nowhere near good enough as long as we find someone else who has been playing worse than him after each game!

Put the effort in and wasn't as bad as recently but stil pretty poor. There aren't any glimpses of his form returning.

I don't get the flak he's getting from some on here of his performance today. I've been a harsh critic of him this season but he was good today from about thirty minutes on. At least he was constantly trying things and showed a decent amount of passion.

Didn't think he was our worst player today but almost every game that passes is more evidence Ferguson was right to try and offload him in 2013. I don't want to hear another pundit or read another comment about how he's still a 'world class' player because he's not and his play does not justify his huge wage packet whatsoever.

"but better than some" ffs is that a real improvement or did others fall below the rooney line? he's shit

Expecting absolute pelters for saying this, but he was our best player under the WhoScored rating system.

Thought Martial was probably our most dangerous myself, but after that, you're struggling to say anyone was clearly better than Rooney.

I agree with this 100 percent

Compared to his previous performances he at least looked like he had some desire in the 2nd half. But unfortunately this is not good enough. Anyway the whole team needs to take stock after this result.

Just wonder if LVG will ever drop him?

The anger he showed when he was kicked down after struggling the ball really looked like frustration with his own inability to do the things that used to come easy to him.

Looks like his body is out of shape and lags long after his instincts. When he barged into the Arsenal player was another of those moments.

I don't get the flak he's getting from some on here of his performance today. I've been a harsh critic of him this season but he was good today from about thirty minutes on. At least he was constantly trying things and showed a decent amount of passion.

I have been a fan of his, I have defended him for a very long time but no, he wasn't good today, he hasn't been good once this season.

Fellaini and Smalling were both clearly better then Smalling.

Yeah, the last valid argument for those that still want him in this team. It's ok that he's nowhere near good enough as long as we find someone else who has been playing worse than him after each game!
So true

Good on the wing. Should start there. Mata as the 10 and Valencia on the right wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.