View full 2015-16 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not even about the money, when your the captain of United you consistently need to play at a certain level, scoring a hat-trick against some second rate European team and an OK 45 minutes against Arsenal just isn't good enough. If the manager and the supporters are happy with what they're seeing then our standards must have taken a dive.

Oh don't get me wrong. I want him to feck off, with his undroppable status and shite performances. It's just I've come to the realisation that no matter how bad we look with him in the side, he'll still be in the side for 90 mins, albeit in different positions just so we can accomodate to him.

It's a shitty situation, after growing up seeing Alex Ferguson sell first team players to play hungry youngsters, or leaving a supposed superstar like Beckham to play Solskjaer on the right wing. (And seeing those moves turn out to be great moves for the club.)

feck Wayne Rooney, his armband and his undroppable status.

There's a lot of moments you catch that demonstrate that despite the idea he works hard (and he does when he wants to), when he loses the ball, he has an awful habit of just shrugging his shoulders and watching the opposition run away. That laziness isn't befitting of a leader.

If he gets injured the team will instantly improve going forwards.

The only thing you can say about Rooney is he 'gets around a lot' but what exactly is that? I would rather have a number 10 who is creative and/or scores. I'll give it to him he tries, always keeps running and urging the team forward - hes our captain i expect that. BUT with the state of the team we cant have passengers and thats exactly what he is at the moment

He was as bad as the rest in the first half. Better second half thiugh

He's actually looked better out wide this second half than Memphis has for most of the season. In an ideal world we'll drop them both, but our squad isn't good enough to do that.

It will be a 'Van Persie moment' like last season. Van Gaal does not look willing to drop him at the moment, so we have to hope he remembers he is still a professional footballer and start playing like one.

We need someone to take him out like Phil Bardsley but permanently.

At this moment in time, a disgrace to UTD's history. He should go/retire before his 'legacy' is jaded.

Just not good. Him and Carrick need to be phased out not starting in the big games.

It's funny I'd say that was one of his better performances this season.

Sell him for goodness sake. Try and find some club in the MLS that takes the overpaid fecker.

His best game in ages. Im being serious.
Im not saying he had a good game, just that he was shitter in his previous games.

Agreed, and I really dislike the bloke. He works quite hard, the problem is that his body's declining. He doesn't deserve a place in the starting eleven, and to be honest his contribution on the pitch might be a bit better if he came on as a impact sub.

I'm as critical of him as anyone but I thought he did a lot better today, at least he was in the game for most of the second half this time.

He did well in the 2nd half, actually looked hurt by the result. Credit to him for that but he isn't good enough anymore. Herrera should be our 10.

Awful again today. It will be best for the team if he's dropped or gets injured. There's only so many chances you can give someone. Even if we just pretend he's injured

If he has to play, play him on the wing and play another midfielder.

He was bad and needs to be dropped. Not suggesting he won't ever regain form but for now he is a massive hinderance

He did play with some fire in the second half but things just are not coming off for him.

The spirit is willing but the body and mind are not is a perfect term for rooney this season

Some players can cope with the gradual regression in ability because they see it coming. He seems to think that he is the same player he was 5 years ago. Even his crossfield balls are terrible these days. That run near the end where he just sprinted into the defence with the ball summed it up - far slower and doesn't have the close control to deal with it like Mata does.

Status
Not open for further replies.