View full 2015-16 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also pissed me off when Schweini was defending in the number 10 area and Rooney wasn't even on the screen. Carzola should be getting picked up by Rooney but he's not

I think giving him the captaincy has depleted him of his tenacity. He needs to lead by example and play safer, something I noticed last year. Make someone else captain and give him the freedom to be more aggressive.

Had a decent last 5 mins, if that counts for anything..

I'm starting to have a genuine belief that he's got some dirt on van Gaal. There's no other explanation for his consistent selection despite his constant under performance.

Said it in the match day thread. He literally should have been standing on Cazorla after the first goal. Not only his overall play is bad, but his work rate is awful. Just loses the ball and doesn't bother running back.

Wish he would show some hunger like he did for the last 2 minutes all game.

I'd hate to bring up Money but the fact he's putting in pub level performances and he's still earning WEEKLY what it takes the average person 10 YEARS to earn is sickening

Get this sack of shite off and bring on Fellaini.

I was actually thinking Schneiderlin on for him. Bastian can move further up when there's space and Schneiderlin protects the back 4. We have no control of the game. I don't think Fellaini will change that and atm Rooney is a passenger.

I think giving him the captaincy has depleted him of his tenacity.

He's been avoiding 50/50s since SAF was here. Still, that one can join the 'playing out of position', 'LVG's restrictions', 'His wife's pregnancy' and 'Hair medication making him impotent' toilet-roll-length list of excuses.

He's been avoiding 50/50s since SAF was here. Still, that one can join the 'playing out of position', 'LVG's restrictions', 'His wife's pregnancy' and 'Hair medication making him impotent' toilet-roll-length list of excuses.
:D

It surprises me how we are near the top of the league while playing with such a massive deadweight. I think this should speak towards the quality of our team and less towards the lack of competency by our manager.

Most player who put in performances like Rooney for us this season would have been dropped or even substituted long ago.

He's not been anywhere near our worst player today. jeez. Find a new scapegoat.

No but he has been consistently poor before this game too, which is quite bad when he's supposed to be one of our best and most reliable players. People are reacting to the total of his contribution this season more than this one game.

I love how Rooney praise in 2015 now translates as "well he hasnt been as shit as usual."

No but he has been consistently poor before this game too, which is quite bad when he's supposed to be one of our best and most reliable players. People are reacting to the total of his contribution this season more than this one game.

Well that's daft. He's the only one to make anything happen today, why waste your time bitching about that?

If your car is broken, you fix it, do you still complain about it being broken?

He's not been anywhere near our worst player today. jeez. Find a new scapegoat.

He's our best payed player and supposedly one of our best players. He's not a scapegoat. He's just been massively disappointing this season and the one before arguably.

Well that's daft. He's the only one to make anything happen today, why waste your time bitching about that?

Martial says hi.

But really, Rooney's not been as bad as some have made him out to be, especially after he's on the wing. For 300k per week though, you really expect more.

That is a misconception that most Rooney fan will try and say to defend his performance today. Mata and Martial looked more productive in our attack and Rooney's standard in this game is not even worth a complement unless it is based of that he has been better than shite, which is embarrassing from a player who is touted to be our main man in the attack.

He's not been great today as far as I can see. His touch is still poor. He's getting on the ball too deep to create anything. Just because he hasn't given the ball away as much as in recent games, this translates into him having a good game? He's been poor again. And yes, he may well be one of our better players today, but that's not saying much. He's a our highest paid player, our captain and a forward who has created nothing.

only looked decent today because pretty much every other player on our squad was having a mare.

only looked decent today because pretty much every other player on our squad was having a mare.

True. :lol:

He's been shifted all over the field this past two seasons in an attempt to justify his selection and the "captain always plays" philosophy.

Martial says hi.

But really, Rooney's not been as bad as some have made him out to be, especially after he's on the wing. For 300k per week though, you really expect more.
It's not even about the money, when your the captain of United you consistently need to play at a certain level, scoring a hat-trick against some second rate European team and an OK 45 minutes against Arsenal just isn't good enough. If the manager and the supporters are happy with what they're seeing then our standards must have taken a dive.

He wasn't even 'one of the better', that's pure bullshit easily masked by the second half. He's been starting most of Arse counters, hasn't helped midfield and done feck all in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.