Wayne Rooney | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'll end up staying.

He probably thought that all the big clubs would be in for him and that hasn't been the case. With the exception of United, most clubs now feel the need to announce to the world who they want to sign and only PSG and Arsenal have shown interest despite his price tag being small in comparison to other top targets such as Bale and Suarez. With the market for his services not what he hoped it would be, he now has to choose between United, Arsenal and PSG.

It does feel similar to when Walcott thought about leaving Arsenal and then found out only Liverpool were interested in him.

For that I reckon he will stay with his ego dented.

Wayne Rooney has lost his striker instinct and can only score occasional goals.
With his conversion from a bullish type of striker to one who think that using skill alone
to try and create space and score goal, he has totally lost it.
Alex Ferguson always believe that the former Rooney even with the frequent yellow cards
is more useful than the changed Rooney. Hence the fall out between the 2 of them.
Now that he still want stay the same, United must convince him that his future is in mid-field.
He can emulate Scholes with his range of passing and work rate.
If United cannot do that, he should be sold at a very high price to deter other Premier League
clubs from gaining some advantage.
I should say 60M pounds for premier league club and 50M pounds for overseas clubs.
With those millions, United can easily get another better player.
If no club wants to pay that sort money and Rooney still want to stay the same, let his contract
run out. But play him in the reserves and let him rot. In 2 years time he will be older and will be
less worth and will not be much of a player without regular 1st team matches.
Under Alex Ferguson, the keeping of unhappy players did not happened as he is always
generous by letting them go even with token or small transfer fees, with the exception of Ronaldo.
It is time that United show these ungrateful, player or those that was ill advised by their greedy agents
that United have the financial capability to withstand any issues.
You may say that it is quite ruthless to do that and the England team may suffer as next year is the
World cup year, but we are talking about United and as it is "NBU"- Nothing But United

So has he woken up and realised he is not quite the 'bees knees' anymore, still a great player but not untouchable. I just want to know if we are going to sell the feck or not.

If Rooney and his people have come to the conclusion that they have overreached themselves it ought to leave the club negotiators in a very strong position. With it also being a World Cup year they should press home their advantage and make him squirm if Moyes' policy is to persevere for one more season.

Alternatively, drop five million off of the asking price and see if that prompts any movement amongst prospective buyers.

779353443.jpg

He's trying to pull the badge off - the traitor!1!!

:D

So where are we at with this now then, exactly where we were a month ago?

Arsenal and PSG would be my guess.

In such a circumstance as this it would be best to remove the bluster and ascertain just how serious Wenger is. PSG on the other hand need to sell him the 'project' as finding the cash is no trouble at all.

*Assuming for the sake of debate that Goal article is accurate, which it almost certainly isn't*

It'd be Chelsea ahead of Arsenal I'd think - the talk from Arsenal about being able to make big signings does seem all talk at this stage, but Chelsea is a different animal altogether. It wouldn't surprise me if Rooney and his agent had been cooking something up with Chelsea for a while, but I'd be surprised if Arsenal were his choice after leaving us.

*Assuming for the sake of debate that Goal article is accurate, which it almost certainly isn't*

It'd be Chelsea ahead of Arsenal I'd think - the talk from Arsenal about being able to make big signings does seem all talk at this stage, but Chelsea is a different animal altogether. It wouldn't surprise me if Rooney and his agent had been cooking something up with Chelsea for a while, but I'd be surprised if Arsenal were his choice after leaving us.

Or he were Arsenal's choice..

Wenger's always been frugal and though it irritates a few Arsenal fans I think his prudence has greatly benefitted the club. Completely departing form that policy and signing Rooney to a £200,000 per week contract seems too far a leap IMO and there are far better investments available - someone like Jovetic at only 23 would cost half as much and would more than retain his asset value after a few years, whereas Rooney's will only decline.

The thought of Rooney going to Arsenal is so funny/ridiculous I can't take any of this speculation at all seriously.

The thought of Rooney going to Arsenal is so funny/ridiculous I can't take any of this speculation at all seriously.

You're right .... It doesn't feel right. But football is weird like that, like in politics, every once in a while something very bizarre happens.

If Chelsea and PSG can fulfill thier needs without signing Rooney, Moyes unable to accomodate Rooney's discomfort and Arsenal the only viable move available ... It happens.

With pure objectivity, Rooney needs to have some deep mental cleansing, remove whatever demons seem to be haunting him and start afresh at old Trafford. At his best, he is made for our club. He has to work out that for him, there is no greener grass outside.

So where are we at with this now then, exactly where we were a month ago?

I don't know why you people waste your time speculating. Same thing with the Ronaldo saga. If he's going to leave before the beginning of the season, all will be made known before the beginning of the season. Why speculate or fret before the event actually occurs?

Quite possibly the best result we could get out of this. He can go to a club that's been trophyless for 8 years and "reinvigorate" himself there whilst we continue picking up a trophy every season. I'd be happy with that

This could well be Wenger's last season at Arsenal therefore it would be hasty to rule anything out at this point. From Rooney's PoV he can remove Arsenal from the equation if he were to meet with them and dind how much of this is just so much hot air.

PSG represent a neat and convenient option for both parties IMO, United gets a nice lump sum up front and Rooney increases his salary at a club with genuine CL ambitions.

Only problem is living in Paris with his young family, is he really going to move out there? I just can't see it. I think he was/is angling for a move to Chelsea. There's close to 0 chance of him joining Arsenal, if he does it will probably be one of the most bizarre signings in recent years.

Rooney doesn't strike me as the type of player Mourinho tends to go for up front ie. solid, towering target men (Drogba, Milito, Benzema)

Can't see him in Paris, France though Beckham might advertise it to him. It's a whole other universe both football and lifewise

can't see Rooney abroad at all, its just not in his personality. He would absolutely hate it and no way is Coleen relocating. It's either Arsenal or chelsea and I agree that Rooney isn't exaclty a Jose type of player. Going to the Arse will be a step down and also he won't be played in his favoured position all the time. Arsne messes around with positions to....

It's Paris not Papua New Guinea you know.

Yeah i know, i am actually sitting in the heart of Paris as i type this and it is indeed a whole other universe to manchester. now, although PSG players tend to live near the training ground in Saint-Germain en Laye, thirty minutes west of the capital, which is a similar scenery to the Carrington surroundings, it is still an enormous change of scene to go live and play in the French capital and I'm not sure Rooney is fully capable of adapting to it. He doesn't suit me as the type of player who would be comfortable living abroad unless in a heavily structured environment like Bayern Munich or such.

BREAKING Wayne Rooney has been spotted in Paris as I was typing this post:

Rooney in Paris

He probably won't go anywhere, doesn't seem to be that much interest in him. :lol:
A world class player in his peak, a huge marketing profile and England's NT only real star. Give his guy to Zlatans and Pogbas agent Mino Raiola and things would looked different.

If Chelsea and PSG can fulfill thier needs without signing Rooney, Moyes unable to accomodate Rooney's discomfort and Arsenal the only viable move available ... It happens.

No it doesn't, Wenger still needs to be willing to pay £200,000+ per week in wages - which he has never been close to doing before.

I don't understand why people think Rooney wouldn't move to PSG. If that's where the best offer is, then he'll probably go there. It may be a different country, but it's hardly the other side of the world as it's just across the water. Rooney's the type who would accept an offer from them and move for the money and then consider whether he's able to adjust to the culture etc as well.

Yeah i know, i am actually sitting in the heart of Paris as i type this and it is indeed a whole other universe to manchester. now, although PSG players tend to live near the training ground in Saint-Germain en Laye, thirty minutes west of the capital, which is a similar scenery to the Carrington surroundings, it is still an enormous change of scene to go live and play in the French capital and I'm not sure Rooney is fully capable of adapting to it. He doesn't suit me as the type of player who would be comfortable living abroad unless in a heavily structured environment like Bayern Munich or such.

BREAKING Wayne Rooney has been spotted in Paris as I was typing this post:

Rooney in Paris

Oh silly you! :lol:

How apt would my username become if he actually did sign for PSG though?

You're right that Paris is a different scenery from Manchester, but don't all really rich players live outside of Manchester in a nice place anyway? As you say, he'd live around St Germain en Laye and be very isolated. I doubt he'd be spotted at the opera and the museum of modern art every weekend, that's for sure, but I'm sure he could "adapt" to Paris as I don't think his lifestyle wouldn't change that much. He'd just have to get used to Quick instead of Burger King.

Paris is an international city a scant two hours by train from London, if we were talking about oh i don't know Lyon for example then perhaps the cultural shock would be more stark however as it is i do wonder if people are overstating the extent to which Rooney would struggle.

Paris is an international city a scant two hours by train from London, if we were talking about oh i don't know Lyon for example, then perhaps the cultural shock would be more stark however as it is i do wonder if people are overstating the extent to which Rooney would struggle.

I agree seriously he is there to play football first and foremost Beckham did alright in Madrid, Milan and Paris I don't see why Rooney wouldn't. They are a club who are competing at home and abroad. I think he will stay now. As long as he shows hunger and a willingness to get back to his best i'm happy for him to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.