Wayne Rooney | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my time of writing, this thread is on page 360.. Fitting as this whole sage has done a complete 360.. See what I did there?

P.S: Hasn't he fecked off yet?

I think a lot of fans are falling into the 'grass is always greener' phenomenon. If he leaves, I think we'll then appreciate what an impact he has on the team - and perhaps not until then.

Kagawa looks a talent, but has never produced Rooney's numbers. RVP has been great, but it's RVP - are we really sure he won't get injured at all next season? Maybe our wingers will get back on form, but if they don't who is going to be the creative fulcrum of the side?

For all of the negatives around Rooney (inconsistency, transfer requests, questionable fitness) for me the positives far outweigh them.

Just surprised no one has made any statements yet. Suggests the club are certainly thinking about it.

I think a lot of fans are falling into the 'grass is always greener' phenomenon. If he leaves, I think we'll then appreciate what an impact he has on the team - and perhaps not until then.

Kagawa looks a talent, but has never produced Rooney's numbers. RVP has been great, but it's RVP - are we really sure he won't get injured at all next season? Maybe our wingers will get back on form, but if they don't who is going to be the creative fulcrum of the side?

For all of the negatives around Rooney (inconsistency, transfer requests, questionable fitness) for me the positives far outweigh them.

Just surprised no one has made any statements yet. Suggests the club are certainly thinking about it.

After all this time, you still see RVP as an injury prone player ? Check out the numbers of football matches he's played in the last 3 seasons.

I think he'll stay under Moyes. New challenge. I think Moyes will want him to stay too. I suspect he'll have him doing extra fitness work. Moyes is infamous for this.

I think he'll stay under Moyes. New challenge. I think Moyes will want him to stay too. I suspect he'll have him doing extra fitness work. Moyes is infamous for this.
Infamous? Is it a bad thing?

A fit Rooney/Ando would be outstanding

I personally think he was played in midfield to try and get his rhythm and confidence back. I've never been bothered about statistics - I realise Rooney on form offers a lot more to the team than just goals.

Do you think he's passed his peak as a player, or do you think he's just lost his spark/motivation at United?

Do you think he's passed his peak as a player, or do you think he's just lost his spark/motivation at United?

I reckon he has another two years as a top player....then his physique, which isn't conducive to longevity in the modern game, and mentality will start to push him on the downward spiral as a player.

Whos Joking..............even his biggest fans could hardly claim he is anything other than a halfwit......he's a scouser for feck sake.

Thats a bit unfair, there are lots of famous and intelligent scousers, such as :

hmmmm

William Gladstone 4 times prime minister
JImmy Tarbuck
Ken Dodd
William Patrick Hitler ( Nephew of Adolf - I am not making that up !!! )

Just a few scousers picked from this website

Infamous? Is it a bad thing?

A fit Rooney/Ando would be outstanding
Both Wazza and Ando where physical monsters in their teens. Now time is catching up and their physical advantages is less significant. Imagine an injurie free Anderson. To be honest I think Rooney have reached his peak physically, probably soon he will become mentally tired of being exposed every minute of his life.

He reminds me of tennis legend Björn Borg, he was world class when he was 18 years old, ranked number one before 21 and finished his carrier before 26. Mentally drained and tired. Short after he started to party, drink and becomming a playboy. He was also surrounded by bad advisers and yes sayer's.

Sad but you can almost see the similarities of how they take step by step in the wrong direction.

Rooney is not in such bad shape. He has a tendency to not look after himself in the holidays, but I think he's a good trainer and he loves playing.

Anderson likes cake.

I think he looks disinterested when things aren't going his way. He has settled down as a person which has impacted his game. We need the nasty Rooney back.

After all this time, you still see RVP as an injury prone player ? Check out the numbers of football matches he's played in the last 3 seasons.

It's not really about being prone to injury. Players get injured. I don't believe RvP is the sicknote he used to be. He's proven that over the past 2 and a half years, but it doesn't mean he is now invincible. One bad challenge and he could be out for 2 or 3 months with a tear or break. Then our striking department becomes a worry, as it sometimes was when Rooney was injured. Luckily, Dimitar often stepped up when he was the main man, like how Rooney did when we lost Ronaldo. Would you expect Welbeck or Hernandez to prosper if RvP was sidelined? I'm not so sure they would, as much as I really like the both of them.

2zrgKlY.png

Must be a bit weird hanging out and chillin with such a dressing room cancer, shit cnut, fat, useless twat, unfit sook.

That said Welbeck looks like such a cool cat
sunglasses.png

2zrgKlY.png

Must be a bit weird hanging out and chillin with such a dressing room cancer, shit cnut, fat, useless twat, unfit sook.

That said Welbeck looks like such a cool cat
sunglasses.png

Speaks volumes for the kindness and charitable nature of our Danny :D

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...840?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Arsene Wenger has stepped up his interest in Wayne Rooney by admitting: "Who would turn him down?"

The Arsenal boss is monitoring developments after Rooney's fall-out at Manchester United, which could see the England striker leave Old Trafford.

Paris Saint-Germain, Monaco and Chelsea are interested, while Arsenal have explored the possibility, withWenger (left) making his admiration public.

He said: "Rooney could be an interesting player for everybody in the world, who would turn him down?

"David Moyes' first challenge is to go into Manchester and bridge the gap between him and Rooney. If that is feasible or not depends on his personality.

"We will see. It will be interesting.

Not much in the way of sparkling news but if the quotes are true then the interest is genuine.

It's not really about being prone to injury. Players get injured. I don't believe RvP is the sicknote he used to be. He's proven that over the past 2 and a half years, but it doesn't mean he is now invincible. One bad challenge and he could be out for 2 or 3 months with a tear or break. Then our striking department becomes a worry, as it sometimes was when Rooney was injured. Luckily, Dimitar often stepped up when he was the main man, like how Rooney did when we lost Ronaldo. Would you expect Welbeck or Hernandez to prosper if RvP was sidelined? I'm not so sure they would, as much as I really like the both of them.

I'd certainly expect Hernandez to step up.

You look at his performances and productivity from the bench and there is absolutely no reason that it wouldn't carry on if he started. I'd say he would comfortably be scoring 1 goal for every 2 full games. Looking at his stats (club and Country) there is no reason that it couldn't be quite a bit better than that.

^ Agreed.

And i would think it highly unlikely that Welbeck won't have a significantly higher goal return next season, which says nothing for the entire midfield whoever eventually makes thir number come August.

Heh. It would be some twist if it turned out that Arsenal - who have been bleeding top players to their richer rivals of late - were able to "put together a salary package that can entice the Manchester United man". I can't quite see it, to be honest. But stranger things have happened, I suppose.

They can have him if they pay a stupid fee. They made us pay 24 million for a 29 year old in the last year of his contract. Rooney is 2 years younger, has 2 years left on his contract and is more marketable.

No quotes. That's partially why I'm defending Rooney in all this because he's kept his mouth shut. He's clearly taking Fergie's advice seriously when he was told to go and think about it for a bit before coming back and deciding he wants to leave. An absolute gobshite would be talking constantly to the media saying "Oh I want to go", "Boohooo".

Some interesting Rooney quotes :

Rooney maintains that he does not want the deep-lying midfield role he often played for the Old Trafford giants last season under now-retired manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

He said: “No. In the years to come, that might be somewhere I could play, but, right now, I’m definitely a centre-forward. I’m after more goals.”

Rooney held talks with Ferguson late last season about his role, when he also became disenchanted at being substituted regularly.

In contrast, when the 27-year-old spearheaded England’s 4-3-3 formation against Brazil in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday, he scored one sensational goal and teed up Alex Oxlade Chamberlain for another in the 2-2 draw.

Speaking in the July edition of FourFourTwo magazine, Rooney said: “I’ve played up front on my own a few times for Manchester United and it's a role I’m very comfortable with and have no problems playing.

“When you play as a target man, you have to stay up front and help the team out by holding the ball up and waiting for support. That all comes with experience.

“It's a good role for me to play, and hopefully I can continue doing well there.”

That just reads like standard a standard Rooney answer. If he's asked a similar question under a different context he'll say something like "I like playing up front but I also want to be able to drop back deeper and influence things more". So not sure how much to read into that.

I think Wayne asked for something that is called transfer muppet request.

He'll stay if we'll sign everyone, he signed in Fifa, therefore he'll stay.

From Goal.lol but at least it's their Chief Writer:

Rooney open to summer Arsenal move:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2013/06/04/4025171/rooney-open-to-summer-arsenal-move

Rubbish (the article).

Wenger says Rooney is an 'interesting' player and now suddenly we are after him? Wenger says that about everyone we are linked with, they're always 'interesting,' it's his stock standard diplomatic response. I will not believe it until I see him in the shirt.

No quotes. That's partially why I'm defending Rooney in all this because he's kept his mouth shut. He's clearly taking Fergie's advice seriously when he was told to go and think about it for a bit before coming back and deciding he wants to leave. An absolute gobshite would be talking constantly to the media saying "Oh I want to go", "Boohooo".

Whilst it is true that Rooney has not himself spoken directly on the matter since Fergie made it known that a request to leave had been made, it is surely beyond dispute that Stretford [either with Wayne's tacit approval following discussions] has been spinning their version of events through various publications over the weeks.

I still maintain the idea of Rooney up front, with Kagawa right behind, as better than any combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.