Wayne Rooney | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Giggs is both naturally athletic and the consummate professional, who has consistently put his health and fitness above whatever else he'd rather be doing. Rooney spends each summer gorging on unhealthy food, drinking, smoking etc and can in no way be described as a natural athlete......there is no way in hell rooney will be playing at the top level, for us or anyone else much into his thirties.

And you know this how? And I'm talking about the "gorging" part, we know he's been caught having a fag or whatever, but I'm curious as to how you know he spends his holiday eating junk food and smoking and drinking.

I'm pretty adamant Rooney will be playing at the top level in his thirties, be it at Utd or elsewhere. I just hope it's with us.

And you know this how? And I'm talking about the "gorging" part, we know he's been caught having a fag or whatever, but I'm curious as to how you know he spends his holiday eating junk food and smoking and drinking.

He wasn't shipped out to a Nike training camp in America for eating lettuce and broccelli the previous summer.

Am I alone in hoping that we keep this top british player? I wouldn't despair if it came to fruition, but he is an English Manchester United player that is a very good player. You can talk about form/ how he is mentally etc, bottom line is he a top player who nearly has the record for goals scored for our club... I personally will fight to keep him until I hear him say 'I do not want to be here', or similar...

I, like others get annoyed with the petulance, or what I would call petulance at the perceived lack of respect towards the club such as 'preferring no to play' and 'voicing publically', but I think so much gets thrown around and with Twitter in the mix, it's so hard to know the truth from the Shit.

I want him to stay.

Am I alone in hoping that we keep this top british player? I wouldn't despair if it came to fruition, but he is an English Manchester United player that is a very good player. You can talk about form/ how he is mentally etc, bottom line is he a top player who nearly has the record for goals scored for our club... I personally will fight to keep him until I hear him say 'I do not want to be here', or similar...

I, like others get annoyed with the petulance, or what I would call petulance at the perceived lack of respect towards the club such as 'preferring no to play' and 'voicing publically', but I think so much gets thrown around and with Twitter in the mix, it's so hard to know the truth from the Shit.

I want him to stay.

In an ideal World I'd like him to stay but if he wants to leave then I'd rather we got what we can. Now is the time to do it with a new manager with different ideals coming in. Plus, we've seen what sort of performances we can expect from him when he's not happy.

In an ideal World I'd like him to stay but if he wants to leave then I'd rather we got what we can. Now is the time to do it with a new manager with different ideals coming in. Plus, we've seen what sort of performances we can expect from him when he's not happy.

Oh very true, can't argue, and for me the fact he is English is a huge plus as I want that for the NT obviously... but I 100% agree, IF he wants to leave, I want him to... but as far as I know, he hasn't confirmed it yet has he?

Oh very true, can't argue, and for me the fact he is English is a huge plus as I want that for the NT obviously... but I 100% agree, IF he wants to leave, I want him to... but as far as I know, he hasn't confirmed it yet has he?

Well we know for certain he has asked to leave. We don't know in what context though and from what we've read it would seem it wasn't an official request.

What Ruud has said echoes my opinion. If he's 100% committed, stay, carry on, forget all the nonsense. If he's not 100% committed, depart, get some money and replace him like everyone else has in some form been replaced. Easier said than done, but I remember when Ruud left, we were going to struggle to score goals and finish 4th, in general we do tend to cope with big departures.

Well we know for certain he has asked to leave. We don't know in what context though and from what we've read it would seem it wasn't an official request.

I can forgive the informally asking to leave when a manager ever present since your time at the club suddenly decides he is stepping down and employing your old employer... his head may have been about the place...

I can imagine Moyes will re-assure him of his importance and I think Rooney will want to seek assurances that he will be played as a striker etc from Moyes..

Me personally.. I don't think he will leave and it will be a September of him apologising to the club for thinking of leaving and it all forgotten when he surpasses the goals scored..

Well, no. You can either acknowledge it was a deflected goal or carry on calling it a 'belter'. But you are clearly in love with Rooney , so it's understandable.

It was a good strike, which ultimately turned into a goal thanks to the deflection. It's not as though it was the flukiest striker in history, like you're suggesting.

The Caf is hard work sometimes. Can't have a reasoned debate without being accused of being a fanboi. For the record, I like Rooney, like I do pretty much every United player.

Sorry for not throwing my toys out of the pram like a little bitch.

It was a good strike, which ultimately turned into a goal thanks to the deflection. It's not as though it was the flukiest striker in history, like you're suggesting.

Personally Even I thought it was a good goal. Which should be an end to it :)

I can forgive the informally asking to leave when a manager ever present since your time at the club suddenly decides he is stepping down and employing your old employer... his head may have been about the place...

I can imagine Moyes will re-assure him of his importance and I think Rooney will want to seek assurances that he will be played as a striker etc from Moyes..

Me personally.. I don't think he will leave and it will be a September of him apologising to the club for thinking of leaving and it all forgotten when he surpasses the goals scored..

I'm pretty sure that he didn't know Fergie was retiring when he asked to leave.

He drinks, he smokes, he stuffs his face with pies.

Rooney is a throwback to the 1980's, he won't last into his 30's. Now's the time to cash in.

Jokes about intelligence? Really? We're actually gunna do this.

Whos Joking..............even his biggest fans could hardly claim he is anything other than a halfwit......he's a scouser for feck sake.

QUOTE=ghaliboy;13581735]:eek:

How do you explain the state of this thread at the moment?

Anyway I hope Rooney doesn't get fed this kind of shite or read anything like this or the comment sections of the rags. (Im sure he doesnt)

Im sure he CANT

He'd probably be clever enough to master the quote function, though.

The Caf is hard work sometimes. Can't have a reasoned debate without being accused of being a fanboi. For the record, I like Rooney, like I do pretty much every United player.

Sorry for not throwing my toys out of the pram like a little bitch.

Maybe there's something in that

360 pages later do we actually know anything we didn't 3 weeks ago?

Thought not, carry on.

Not that I am doubting you, but I believe SAF told players, staff etc slightly earlier and he was actually aware, I stand to be corrected though..

Nah he didn't, even Rio came out and said it was all a big shock. He told them the morning after all the papers were reporting it. And Rooney had already asked for a transfer prior to that.

Watching Rooney play these last 18 months, you are forced to marvel at the immense talent, raw skill and pure creativity his agent must have.

**stolen from teh internetz

If the type of money being talked about is very very good... like 40 million+. Do we have to go for it?

We don't exactly need it.

Others have said this too however i confess that i have been a bit puzzled by it.

11-12.5m each year in terms of salary as well as transfer fee? We are not the footballing branch of an emirate or oligarch's latest means of strutting about the fashionable world, dismissing those sorts of figures overstates our position and ignores the potential benefits we could gain from such funds over three to four seasons.

Some here speak of signings that will send out a message yet i would wonder at how the club can realistically oblige these people whilst parking 60-80m+ with a player of debatable value long term. After all how many 'stars' can United have on 200k a week at any one time, surely those who are in that top tier have to be demonstrating greater commitment and results than Rooney at present?

I want him to stay.

When he's on form and committed we all want him to stay.

The hard part for Moyes, regarding making a wise decision in short term, long term and in middle term perspective is to if possible ignore his nationality, his records two three seasons ago and just judge him on the last two seasons merits.

Off course Sir Alex view of this saga will have a huge impact on his decision, tell me a new manager who wouldn't listen to a living legend and his advice's. We can talk all night long about if he's past it or not but there is not the real problem. If we talk about talent and experience Rooney can easily go on until his early thirties but the question is if his fitness and hunger are the same in two three years. He got a huge contract last time and now this huge deal works against him, and rightly so.

We all love a fighter like Wayne but when his natural fighting instinct starts to decline it can easily go downhill. Last season was not his best one, just like Scholes in his 2011/12 season on his day he still oozes class but he also frequently have games when he disappear or just don't are up for it.

Take this all into account and you have a problem who's not easy to solve. There is no black and white in this. I know what I think but I read your thoughts and realize that others have different views. When we don't know what's going behind the scenes is just guessing and hopes. You hope and I guess :)

I want him to stay.

This hurts Wr8. :(

He's asked to leave twice.

That isn't what happened. :nono:

Originally Posted by Roomania
Sir Alex invited Rooney over after the manager had noticed how distracted he had become recently. They sat down with some kettle chips, Ben & Jerry's and red wine and Wayne spoke of his worries about baby names and why he doesn't have cool initials like RVP. He speculated that if he lived in Paris his next son might be called Klaude, the rest is history. :(

360 pages later do we actually know anything we didn't 3 weeks ago?

Thought not, carry on.

There is very little chance of Wayne leaving United. Moyes is not an idiot and wants him to stay. He won't be able to get a move to a club that he wants either.

He will be turning out for us next season.

he has but in 2 transfer requests, what more do you want, him to hire a plane and do it it skywriting.

If he goes I will be happy then we can spend the money on players that want to be here, if he stay I will not be happy, but will I shout if he plays the best football of his career and scored 30+ goals , hell yes I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.