Wayne Rooney | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne Rooney has not signed for PSG. Not yet. But it could come. Anyway, Paris is the means to draw Manchester United striker. This Sunday, Le Parisien confirms the information published on the eve in the English press: PSG had offered an astronomical salary Rooney. We're talking about 1.4 million per month for four years. Much more than his emoluments Mancunian: former striker's Everton affects some 250,000 euros per week for the Red Devils. His contract with MU, where he just completed his ninth season, until 2015. But, writes Le Parisien, "England international is aware that the end of history with the Mancunian club is near."

Rooney out of an average season, punctuated by 12 goals in 27 Premier League games. At Old Trafford, it is now overshadowed by Robin van Persie. Suddenly, he seriously thought about leaving Manchester. Rooney would prefer to stay in England to raise his second son, born two weeks ago. Chelsea and Newcastle are on the lookout. But Paris has made ​​"a priority," insists L'Equipe. So that, according to Le Parisien, the Qatari leaders have already put 20 million euros on the table. Offer rejected by their Mancunian counterparts, which require at least 15 more and seek a replacement first before accelerating negotiations.

(Mercato)

Rooney will ruin himself in Paris. He's not David Beckham - wont learn the lingo and will have nothing to do. He'll end up surrounded by friends from home, and that's probably half his problem here.

Rooney will ruin himself in Paris. He's not David Beckham - wont learn the lingo and will have nothing to do. He'll end up surrounded by friends from home, and that's probably half his problem here.

You're right there, Becks has great charm and loves learning new languages. Wayne and co are common as muck to put it politely.

"Un bottle of croissant and two plates of that Bojolay stuff, please garkon."

You're right there, Becks has great charm and loves learning new languages. Wayne and co are common as muck to put it politely.

:lol:Hope you are not being serious.

:lol:Hope you are not being serious.

Wayne struggles with English never mind learning French, although he will probably have someone to do everything for him. Becks is chic and fashionable. Just worry if Wayne would fit in with the Parisian lifestyle.

Wayne struggles with English never mind learning French, although he will probably have someone to do everything for him. Becks is chic and fashionable. Just worry if Wayne would fit in with the Parisian lifestyle.

Becks isn't the most eloquent. Do you remember the controversy around the bulge near his ear in that hat he wore when he did his first press conference in Spanish. No ear piece, honest!

Becks isn't the most eloquent. Do you remember the controversy around the bulge near his ear in that hat he wore when he did his first press conference in Spanish. No ear piece, honest!

Wayne would probably have it tuned into a Stereophonics CD and give us a song. Maybe Becks was trying too hard and didn't want to insult people by getting the words wrong, it actually had the opposite effect. I actually can't decide if I want Wayne to go or not. If he does well good riddance, if he stays. Meh!. As long as he doesn't get a hefty pay rise here, then I would be seriously pissed if that was his motive. Think it is him throwing his toys out of the pram.

Wayne would probably have it tuned into a Stereophonics CD and give us a song. Maybe Becks was trying too hard and didn't want to insult people by getting the words wrong, it actually had the opposite effect. I actually can't decide if I want Wayne to go or not. If he does well good riddance, if he stays. Meh!. As long as he doesn't get a hefty pay rise here, then I would be seriously pissed if that was his motive. Think it is him throwing his toys out of the pram.

I guess it depends who we get in to replace him. Have to agree with the view that he should be in his prime, has had his nose put out of joint by RVP becoming top dog and his advisers are telling him to move (no doubt they will get a big slug of any signing on fee should he move). Could be wrong, but it is certainly a possibility.

Rooney in Paris would be a great doc to watch in all honesty. Just his everyday life trying to get around in Paris and his interactions with people.

I think one of the issues that we're going to have here is that with only 2 years left on his contract he's due for renewal in the next 6 months.

If this drags on all year and we get to next Summer with no new contract signed and still all these rumours we're gunna be letting him go for much less than the market value and we lose all of our power when it comes to negotiating and which teams we will and wont let him join.

This needs sorting, 1 way or another, sharpish. Either sell him or get him on a new deal this Summer. Anything inbetween would be bad news.

I think one of the issues that we're going to have here is that with only 2 years left on his contract he's due for renewal in the next 6 months.

If this drags on all year and we get to next Summer with no new contract signed and still all these rumours we're gunna be letting him go for much less than the market value and we lose all of our power when it comes to negotiating and which teams we will and wont let him join.

This needs sorting, 1 way or another, sharpish. Either sell him or get him on a new deal this Summer. Anything inbetween would be bad news.

Maybe because Wayne's contract is due for renewal Sir Alex was expecting him to pull out all the stops. That is usually the case in these situations. Sir Alex didn't seem too happy with Wayne's effort. To get a new contract you need to convince the club you are still worth keeping.

Are people off on holiday now? I was hoping to get this sorted before that. But then again may be a nice holiday is just what Rooney needs to clear his head.

I agree with what Carl said, it's what I was saying the other day. I'm just worried that nothing will happen, nothing will be said and we'll just go into next season as usual. If that happens then there's a shit storm awaiting down the line, and it will probably end with us getting screwed over by one of the other big clubs.

I'm not one of those people who hates Rooney - not at all - nor do I definitely want him sold but I'm at the point where I fail to see how some fans can defend his actions. Certainly, he's traditionally brought a lot to the team & has contributed greatly to our success - stats & sheer common sense show this; but is success all that matters when it comes to our love of United? We are talking about someone who questioned the judgement of a manager who gave us incredible success; we are talking about someone who described our new manager as 'ignorant and incompetent'; and yet some roll out Wayne's scoring-record & crass justifications of his disrespectful behaviour like "he's given us nine years of service!" This is as nothing in comparison to the service SAF gave us...

It's a matter of record - court record, in fact - that he is badly-advised, and even that is a rather weak excuse. By his own words to John O'Shea & his team-mates, Wayne admitted that his previous contract standoff was all about money. Recently, his actions suggested that he cares more about his Nike profile than the club which employs him (would it hurt him to tweet a line or two thanking the fans/saying he wants to stay/celebrating our League success? No, it wouldn't, and these things wouldn't affect his contract negotiations either). And what was his 'shy' performance during our title celebrations and parade all about? If you think he was just feeling depressed then you might well be as naive as Team Rooney considers you. Can we 'look forward' to Wayne doling out the old lies again ("I never really wanted to leave"/"I'd never go to City"/"What was I thinking?" etc).

And now, again, Wayne acts up during a crucial period for Manchester United...and yet some fans are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt & believe that this latest row is about playing positions etc etc. I find those reasons difficult to credit, given not only Wayne's history but the appalling business record of his agent. More saliently, Moyes must've had the forgiving nature of a saint to rebuild bridges with Wayne, considering Rooney's comments about him in books & elsewhere; "ignorant and incompetent" are the least sinister of those...I hope that Moyes, as well as Wayne's defenders, puts the club first in future. Hopefully Rooney - who's proven himself able in the past to act selflessly for the team - will also allow the club's concerns to again be important to him.

This is a very good post, mate. And I don't disagree with a word in it. For me, however, it's hard to see how Rooney - really - differs from just about all the other players on our books: The modern day footballer simply isn't as decent, loyal and down to earth as most of us would still like him to be.

Most footballers these days strike me as a bit cnutish, a bit daft and a bit greedy. I can't help but recall - once again - the Ruud situation: He wanted out, told Fergie as much (on several occasions), a "saga" which dragged on for a while too - but we didn't know anything about it at the time, and Ruud is regarded very highly by most our fans to this very day. Rooney's foolishness, cuntishness and greed (or whatever it is at the end of the day) have all been made public. That's the main difference, I feel.

Plus - there's one more factor here: We have just lost our greatest ever manager. We face uncertain times. Rooney, whatever else he may be, is one of the best strikers in the world on his day - and a prolific goal scorer. I'd feel a little bit safer going into next season with him on board - provided that Moyes wants to include him, of course. And I don't think what he's done is horrible enough to say: Get rid, regardless of talent, regardless of a potential problem replacing him, regardless of the fact that he can still be very useful for us...I just don't think he's THAT big a cnut. If that makes sense.

Yeah, you're right, mate - Wayne is doing nothing that a modern-day fan hasn't become accustomed to. To be honest, my criticism of him isn't so much to do with his past behaviour but, rather, concern over the future: I genuinely struggle to imagine a fired-up Rooney working well under a manager he doesn't seem to respect (no matter what amends-making has taken place publicly). I see trouble ahead, should Rooney stay, if only when it comes to the real nitty-gritty of sorting out a contract extension in the near(ish) future.

Le Parisien (french newspaper, pretty reliable) says that United rejected a £17m bid from PSG. Thought they'd offer far more money.

Le Parisien (french newspaper, pretty reliable) says that United rejected a £17m bid from PSG. Thought they'd offer far more money.

17million, deary me.

That's probably what Zaha cost when wages over his contract are factored in!

580419_10151637322273522_885361296_n.jpg

He just looks too unfit to be a top player. Look at his chest compared to most players - doesn't exactly scream athlete, does it. He looks knackered after every run he makes. He shows glimpses of pace from time to time; impressively, he outpaced Luiz. Overall though, he's some way off the world class status many were heralding.

Walcott is a limited player, isn't he? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.