Wayne Rooney | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely even in this greed bloated world Rooney and his advisors can't seriously believe they can get a better deal for him!

Getting an equal deal would be an incredible win for them.

He has got 2 years left on his current deal. There is no way that we will offer him same terms as that over a longer contract. If he continues to be played all over the park over the remainder of his deal, his stock may fall further, and he may not be able to command good wages. I think that all he wants is a longer term deal, be it here, or somewhere else.

Wake up! This is negotions tactics after Wazza lose his head and in a impulsive moment threatened to leave. Rooney's camp wants a improved deal but Fergei called the bluff and forced them to show their cards.

And you know all that how?

It doesn't appear to be about money this time

I can agree with the fact that I am more exposed to his game. But this isn't a Rooney vs Mata debate I am talking to similar players of his class he is more inconsistent than others and has a poor bottom level.

Says a lot that during Mata's most consistent season and one of Rooneys least, Rooney is still more productive in terms of goals/assists doesn't it.

Typically, people in this thread are making it seem like Rooneys poor games were every week this season when they were actually few and far between.

On the contrary, a change in leadership is just that and not a shift in the fundamentals of the position being held. I should hope that any manager of Manchester United would look upon such things as poor form and substandard conditioning in a very similar and negative fashion, if anything a a few home truths being sent his way are not before time. Rooney's importance to United's plans is as much dependent on him proving to the club that he is worth the continued backing, this has not been evident in either the initial request to leave or PR since that was revealed.

If Rooney were content with a "fair chance" would the discussions in recent weeks have unfolded as they have done?

What position and what fundamentals? As far as we know there is no negotiation going on. Rooney has simply told SAF - in some shape or form - that he wants to move on. Beyond that we don't know anything. Could be money, could be footballing reasons, could be personal - we have no idea.

I'd agree with you if we knew that Rooney had pulled something similar to the "ambition" stunt - but we don't know that. In fact, there isn't anything to suggest it's the case. Which means that there are no principles to uphold here - just a player who has turned restless, sour or both, and a manager who has now retired. Moyes and Rooney is a brand new relation as far as I'm concerned.

Bloody hope so.

and let's hope this is the last of the temper tantrums from his side.
I mean if nothing else, he's getting a clean slate and I don't think he'd choose to stay at United in this situation had he not gotten some kind of assurance of playing (prefferably up top)

I expect Kagawa to play a bigger role next year so I'm hoping this is the catalyst for us seeing a leaner, fitter Rooney with a better attitude

the sad thing is - and I know he hasn't shown it and a lot of you will disagree - anyway the sad thing is he is the most naturally talented player in the country

if he grew up, focused on football and maximised his potential he'd be a lethal player who could claim his place in the top bracket of players....

the sad thing is because of his attitude and lack of focus on being the best player he can be we've probably seen the best of Rooney and he could well be in decline

How do people think he is going to grow up? He is a multi millionaire in his twenties with a bunch of yes men in his ear all day everyday sying oh yes Wayne you are aBsolutely right, your the greatest ever And deserve everything you want.

and let's hope this is the last of the temper tantrums from his side.
I mean if nothing else, he's getting a clean slate and I don't think he'd choose to stay at United in this situation had he not gotten some kind of assurance of playing (prefferably up top)

Why should Moyes promise him anything?

This is not a discussion about his qualitys as a player. The club pay him to do his best every week. Casillas was benched for personal reasons, didn't see a transfer request from him. Lampard had his problems.

If he can't accept a managers decisions then we should let him go.

How do people think he is going to grow up? He is a multi millionaire in his twenties with a bunch of yes men in his ear all day everyday sying oh yes Wayne you are aBsolutely right, your the greatest ever And deserve everything you want.
looking at how sheepish he was in the last week or so of the season, they way he looked embarrassed on the trophy parade you'd have to hope the penny would drop....

if it hasn't he's even more stupid than I thought

looking at how sheepish he was in the last week or so of the season, they way he looked embarrassed on the trophy parade you'd have to hope the penny would drop....

if it hasn't he's even more stupid than I thought

If he was more stupid than I thought he would live on a statue and scavenge for bread people have dropped

For purely footballing reasons, if we managed to retain Rooney and signed a top midfielder like Alcantara/Fabregas/Gundogan and Bale, we will be in excellent shape next season. Tired of this saga to be honest.

This is not a discussion about his qualitys as a player. The club pay him to do his best every week. Casillas was benched for personal reasons, didn't see a transfer request from him. Lampard had his problems.

Moyes is no mug - and certainly no pushover. But it might just happen that Moyes' and Rooney's interests are mutual here. Rooney wants to play up front - Moyes intends to use him in that capacity. Nobody knows anything, really. But I don't think anyone needs to worry about Moyes bending over and taking it from Rooney. That won't happen. If Moyes doesn't like the idea of having Rooney around - he's a goner.

Rooney asked for a transfer after "not playing enough" supposedly, why would he choose to stay if that's not what he's getting?

And it's not like Moyes is gonna bend over backwards for him, but it would make sense for the most part if he plans on staying that we plan on playing him, wouldn't you agree?

For purely footballing reasons, if we managed to retain Rooney and signed a top midfielder like Alcantara/Fabregas/Gundogan and Bale, we will be in excellent shape next season. Tired of this saga to be honest.

First part seems very plausible, second not as much, seeing as Thiago is the only one of those we can actualy get and that's not going to be an easy thing to accomplish either...while I'd give the third one (the Bale part) even less of a chance, mostly because of the enormous price tag, Levy not wanting to sell to PL rivals, and Perez's persistency in wanting to sign Bale.

Rooney asked for a transfer after "not playing enough" supposedly, why would he choose to stay if that's not what he's getting?

And it's not like Moyes is gonna bend over backwards for him, but it would make sense for the most part if he plans on staying that we plan on playing him, wouldn't you agree?

A Rooney in form giving 100% would be on my team sheet every week. My problem is that RVP is a better option as a striker, Kagawa have potential to , deliver figures close to Wazza. For 250ka week maybe Bale is a better option, at least younger and more hungry. I don't believe in him as a winger, maybe as a midfielder, but I also think Thiago for 125k is a better option.

I want Rooney to make a clear statement about his future plans. I don't think United should offer him a better deal, or two years extension with 250k/week. To many question marks. This is a tuff one.

We don't know all ins and outs so let's wait for further news.

He wants to stay?

feck him, two requests to leave...sell him.

Because no CL club outside Russia who can afford him would guarantee that he can play more.

Says a lot that during Mata's most consistent season and one of Rooneys least, Rooney is still more productive in terms of goals/assists doesn't it.

Typically, people in this thread are making it seem like Rooneys poor games were every week this season when they were actually few and far between.

No he wasn't players don't only play in the Premiership they play many competitions. Mata outproduced and Mata was better/more consistent than Rooney this year. Like I said this is not a Rooney v Mata debate odd that people are trying to turn it into one.

I wonder what people are watching at times there is a reason he was on the bench in the biggest game of the year there was a reason he kept being taken off early and there was a reason he was moved all over the pitch. He had a poor year. Does it make him a bad player overnight? No but there is a trend some are picking up with him which are making some fans worried about committing to him for another 4-5 years. You can always tell who the Rooney fans are those who are looking at things objectively.

Rooney will stay at Old Trafford this year and the years to come, claims agent. (ESPN)

There's absolutely nothing on ESPN about this. Sounds like more propaganda from Stretford, just like 'the club has now recognised that Rooney did not submit a transfer request' soundbite...even though the club has done no such thing publicly.

It isn't a bad thing if Rooney decides to stay at the club, especially when Nani seems a goner. He's still a top player and has many qualities to offer to the team. I just hope he fecking learns this time

I've always defended him but after his second want-out request I have virtually no time for him. On purely footballing reasons, it would be a bit gash to lose him but there's more to it than that. You simply can't tinker with Manchester United like that and he's no Messi either.

He's had everything here, been a hero around Old Trafford, earned a bloody good money while winning trophies. If he wants to go after being dropped a couple of times due to not being firing, then feck him, I won't lose a second of sleep over that - he doesn't deserve it.

If, though, the reports are true and he did change his mind, I'll support him as United player when he's on the pitch. Off the field, he's a thick cnut.

We better not be giving him a new deal, especially on improved wages. What his agent is saying doesn't add up though, he was just saying last week that he's being forced out of the club, yet now he's staying. No way we'd go from wanting rid to wanting him to stay, we're not run like that. Unless Rooney thinks he's calling the shots.

We better not be giving him a new deal, especially on improved wages. What his agent is saying doesn't add up though, he was just saying last week that he's being forced out of the club, yet now he's staying. No way we'd go from wanting rid to wanting him to stay, we're not run like that. Unless Rooney thinks he's calling the shots.

I can't imagine there's anyway he'll get a deal with better terms. The reaction since it came out has been so different to when he did it the first time and as a team we're in a much better position.

We'll be under pressure next year because of his contract situation and the fact that he's a greedy person. If PSG are silly enough to pay £35m for him, it would be perfect for us, saving £25m in wages that we could invest elsewhere.

Really hope PSG makes a good bid for him. I want to see Kagawa, RVP and Hernandez upfront.

Looks like your dream may come true, if you can believe rumours :angel:;)

Wayne Rooney has been told by Paris Saint-Germain that he can name his terms for a £30 million move to France this summer - with the club ready to pay him £300,000 a week after tax. Daily Express...

I say we don't want anyone at the club that doesn't want to stay.

There's absolutely nothing on ESPN about this. Sounds like more propaganda from Stretford, just like 'the club has now recognised that Rooney did not submit a transfer request' soundbite...even though the club has done no such thing publicly.

Stretford's an arsehole. He makes it up as he goes along.

Looks like your dream may come true, if you can believe rumours :angel:;)

Wayne Rooney has been told by Paris Saint-Germain that he can name his terms for a £30 million move to France this summer - with the club ready to pay him £300,000 a week after tax. Daily Express...

I say we don't want anyone at the club that doesn't want to stay.

I also think SAF would have sold him and believe he will go ...

Wayne Rooney has been told by Paris Saint-Germain that he can name his terms for a £30 million move to France this summer - with the club ready to pay him £300,000 a week after tax. Daily Express....

They're going to pay him 50 million quid a year to pay football? Colour me sceptical.

Looks to be in good spirits

rooneyfan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.