Wayne Rooney | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow in the Mirror:

SteveJ fears Redcafe is trying to force him out to join a PSG forum

Damn, you shouldn't have publicised that before the stock market opens tomorrow, dear. :D

Meanwhile, Twitspace is full of gonks tweeting stuff like:

'Yes! In yor fayses, loosers - Wooney stays!'

'Sorry I set fire to that dummy of you on Bonfire Night, Wayne xxx'

Sorry lads will keep any news via twitter to the twitter thread.

Bollocks.

He's one of the best in the world - we need to keep those type of players.

Which is why no big clubs are interested in signing him:confused: the only interest from any big club is coming directly from Paul Stretford's deluded imagination. No one wants him, if they did we would sell him without thinking twice.

Which is why no big clubs are interested in signing him:confused: the only interest from any big club is coming directly from Paul Stretford's deluded imagination. No one wants him, if they did we would sell him without thinking twice.

And you know that how?

Hard to define his role in the team now a big offer would be quite tempting.

There is a bit to go in this saga yet but it is amazing how many have formed hard opinions based on mostly speculation and assumption. Much of whats claimed is probably bollocks but people seem to be taking it as gospel

How do you know no big clubs are interested in him? You have an ITK-friend in every big club? I doubt it.

He'd be an upgrade for every big club bar Barca.

Nah, we're keeping him by offering him to everyone in sight.

How do you know no big clubs are interested in him? You have an ITK-friend in every big club? I doubt it.

He'd be an upgrade for every big club bar Barca.

I think if Stretford had those sort of levers at his disposal in this stand-off we'd have seen lots of figures and clubs being put about in the media in recent weeks.

If he did stay (hopefully not), any chance we could give him a new deal but with a pay cut?

Tell you what though...apart from the statement that Rooney isn't for sale, he hasn't featured at all - not even a tiny photo - on the official site's main page for over a week.

True, but it's a bit striking given that there's been pix of everyone else, particularly in title-celebration photos on the site.

True, but it's a bit striking given that there's been pix of everyone else, particularly in title-celebration photos on the site.

He's in quite a few of the parade photos. I think it might just be coincidence, but he's in all the adverts about the new kit getting revealed. I think he'll be one of the faces of United up until the day he's sold, whenever that may be.

I'm beyond caring whether he stays or goes. I think both outcomes will have positives and negatives. I just want it sorting quickly so it doesn't take over the whole summer, and make Moyes' job even harder right from the off.

If he did stay (hopefully not), any chance we could give him a new deal but with a pay cut?

We'll give him an extension on the same terms as his current deal (180k a week basic wage), and the entire media will report it as "ROONEY GIVEN 400,000 A WEEK AND A FREE GO ON CATHY FERGUSON!"

You've really taken this personally haven't you Chabon...maybe you haven't but some of your posts interest me for someone who doesn't like Wayne that much or see him as his favorite United player.

There's shit loads of photos all around the stadium with various players on them, including him, and inside the megastore there's a massive 'to be continued' pic of him on the wall as you walk in, the same as the one that was on the front of the stadium.

Not saying this means anything, but they're not taking his image down from anywhere.

You've really taken this personally haven't you Chabon...maybe you haven't but some of your posts interest me for someone who doesn't like Wayne that much or see him as his favorite United player.

Taken what personally, the media's nonsense with Rooney's wages? It irritates me deeply, yes, but mainly because it's such a perfect symbol of the absolute nonsense which is the modern sporting press. I'd hardly say it means anything to me on a personal level though.

edit: Seriously, look at this, from the same newspaper, one article immediately after he signed the new contract, and one article three years later describing the same contract:

"Rooney has become the best-paid player in the club's history by agreeing to a deal that doubles his wages to around £180,000 a week"

"The French champions, who are backed by the money-flushed Qatar Investment Authority, made their interest in securing the player known last week and have indicated they would be prepared to match his salary, which amounts to about £300,000 a week."

How do you account for that, other than to recognise them as complete fecking charlatans?

Taken what personally, the media's nonsense with Rooney's wages? It irritates me deeply, yes, but mainly because it's such a perfect symbol of the absolute nonsense which is the modern sporting press. I'd hardly say it means anything to me on a personal level though.

That didn't stop you from speculating yourself though and declaring that Rooney must be on wages so high, no other club would be able to match it, when you have no idea what his wages are yourself :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.