Wayne Rooney | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rooney is announcing this [whatever it is] on twitter it is unlikely to be about a new contract, unless the club is now allowing him to be our communications department.

Would be great if its confirmation that he is staying or going so this speculation can finish. The uncertainty is doing nobody any favours.

If it's a new contract and that he's staying, Sunday evening seems an odd time to announce it though, or is it just me :confused:

I'd be more than happy if he stayed although the circumstances have, again, been a bit rocky and he'll have a grand job to do come August to win the supporters over again.

One guy has tweeted about it and it's "transferdave01" :lol: Leave this nonsense to the twitter thread

If it's a new contract and that he's staying, Sunday evening seems an odd time to announce it though, or is it just me :confused:

Why would he be the one announcing it in the first place?

It'll probably be a Klay update, or that he is changing his name to Kayne or something.

I can only find 2 references to the 'announcement' - one from Transfer Updates, the other from 'jaap', he of the 85 followers legend.

These announcements at xx:xx is always bollocks, there was a couple last summer too.

https://twitter.com/FootballDave01

He has 10.000 followers. How reliable is he?

Breaking news on Wayne #Rooney coming up before 19.00 tonight. Retweet this tweet as I will be the first to release this BIG news!!!

That is just BS, immediately. If United were confirming anything about Rooney's future, it would definitely not be "FootballDave" being the first to announce it.

Looks like total shite to me.

Gotta love this earth-shattering exclusive from Football Dave:

Transfer updates ‏@FootballDave01 6 Jan
Frank #Lampard is 100% staying at #CFC until at least the summer.

EDIT: On second thoughts, I'm a moron who doesn't know anything about transfer windows.

Oh well, that's 2 mistakes I've made in 30 seconds. Feel free to ignore my posts forever, folks.

Sorry guys I was looking for confirmation on it. Guess it isn't true.

Bollocks.

He's one of the best in the world - we need to keep those type of players.

We do keep those players, when they dont disrespect the club every couple of seasons and actually want to play for us

We say no player is bigger than the club, Rooney disagrees. Time to put our money where our mouth is

it's the hope that the Rooney situation will be resolved this early that will have us all hanging about waiting for this 7pm announcement, even though we know it's all bollocks.

Dragging on all summer even until the end of August is the more likely outcome.

It makes the Sneijder thread look great value.

Aye. I blame Coleen. She's the brains of the family, after all.

TBF it's quite an old English name more popular in the US.

I know he's a boxing fan so wouldn't surprise me if it's after Cassius Clay.

Let's face it, would have raised more eyebrows if he named his son Muhammed Ali Rooney.....probably done a lot more for racial harmony though

Sorry guys I was looking for confirmation on it. Guess it isn't true.

Just be careful in future. Didn't you post something in another thread yesterday about someone on twitter? For this kind of thing, if you've heard it from twitter and there isn't a solid source, either don't post it or leave it in the twitter thread along with what account you first heard it from.

Here's the supposed announcement, for what it's worth:

Transfer updates ‏@FootballDave01 2m
Wayne #Rooney is 100% staying at #Manchester #United for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.