Wayne Rooney | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly your hatred for him is making you say these crazy things.Rooney is by far better than any other England attacking players.He has showed it enough in the last few qualifiers.
If there was one player you would never he'd take part for England in the WC, it's definitely him.
Like I said there is a worse situation with Benzema in the France national team and I still see him taking part in the WC (if France qualifies) and more than that, being a starter.

I know, what the feck is the point in having him on the pitch.
true, but at times you have to think ahead. Rooney always had issues with fitness and as he s nearing 30, things will probably get worse.

What were your feelings on Ronaldo when he wanted to leave?

Really disliked him for the drama he did in the summer of 08 and kind of ruined what should have been a summer spent celebrating a double. All the attention was on Ronaldo and if he'll leave or not and he did even more to increase the speculation. I wasn't really bothered at all when he left in 09 but I was rather disappointed that we didn't really spend the money and replaced him just with Valencia.

true, but at times you have to think ahead. Rooney always had issues with fitness and as he s nearing 30, things will probably get worse.

He's still 3 years away from 30 so I think he'll be fine for a couple of years atleast. And we're a big club that need not worry about his value plummeting.

what's all this nonsense of a move to Arsenal.
That'd go down well with their players moving Rooney in on at least double the highest earner!

what's all this nonsense of a move to Arsenal.
That'd go down well with their players moving Rooney in on at least double the highest earner!

Answered your own question. It's most likely nonsense.

Really disliked him for the drama he did in the summer of 08 and kind of ruined what should have been a summer spent celebrating a double. All the attention was on Ronaldo and if he'll leave or not and he did even more to increase the speculation. I wasn't really bothered at all when he left in 09 but I was rather disappointed that we didn't really spend the money and replaced him just with Valencia.

Why don't you dislike Rooney then?

Common sense translates all that to: Rooney wants to leave, and he & his agent want to choose where he goes regardless of how it may affect United. Rooney doesn't want to be seen by the United fans as wanting away.

TBH it seems like the relationship between SAF and Rooney had been damaged irreparably. SAF took the unusual step of criticizing his performances and fitness in public which he rarely ever does, and this I'm sure gave Rooney a feeling of SAF wanting him out of the club. If SAF was here next season I think Rooney would be gone.

With Moyes coming in, who knows what will happen.

He had a chance to deny the rumours before Fergie had even confirmed them and instead issued a statement about removing 'Manchester United' from his bio, that was kind of bizarre.

Would only be the end of it for this season. If he's after a new and improved contract it just isn't going to happen, unless we are incredibly thick.

Even of he does stay, you can practically guarantee we will be having the same conversation sooner rather than later. That's the most frustrating thing about all this for me.

He had a chance to deny the rumours before Fergie had even confirmed them and instead issued a statement about removing 'Manchester United' from his bio, that was kind of bizarre.

Rooney has not really denied asking for a transfer, or called Sir Alex a liar. What his advisor is saying is simply they never asked formally for a transfer. Even Sir Alex said he was frustrated by being dropped and substituted, and should go away and think it over again. It's very likely whatever was said was in frustration. We see players throw strops all the time. Being Manchester United, and Rooney, too much is made of the story which is very likely to be a frequent occurrence at all clubs.

Personally, I'm not really fussed whichever way his future pans out.

Sensational footballer, but his inner demons hold him back from greatness on the world stage. Only those who know him well can say for sure what's best for him...and for United.

Wanting him sold just because you think he is a cnut or that you don't like him is far the better argument than the one where he is not good enough for us anymore.

You are all idiots.

No one can rationally argue Rooney isn't good enough for United. The issue simply is his state of mind.

He has done it in the past but I can't imagine him making up some story about Rooney.

It's quite possible he figured Rooney needed some kick up the arse, and since he wasn't going to be around anymore he had no problem making it a big one because his own relationship with the player doesn't matter anymore.

So, he didn't actually submit a transfer request then.
A bit of SAF mischief making to keep him in line perhaps ?

He asked verbal for a verbal transfer in frustration. People walk out on their partners when they quarrel only to kiss and make up a litter later.

Most the reports all seem to centre around Rooney being unhappy at being dropped/subbed rather than him wanting a fresh start or anything. Would be interesting to see what happens now then. We can't exactly back down from taking him off for playing poorly, proper power test for Moyes to walk in on.

Fergie lied to the media all his career but only when it benefited us, I don't think he'd make the stuff about Rooney asking for a transfer on his way out as unless we want Rooney out then it doesn't really do us any favours with the player.

I haven't seen the other papers but that Daily Mail article hasn't moved the story forward in any major way, mainly spin from one camp to the other.

Do we really think that asking for a transfer verbally or otherwise and then sitting on that decision for weeks was merely an act of frustration, it doesn't sound like a point you reach early on in decision making. He'll have surely discussed any concerns with Stretford and they'll have agreed on an approach to take going forward.

Common sense translates all that to: Rooney wants to leave, and he & his agent want to choose where he goes regardless of how it may affect United. Rooney doesn't want to be seen by the United fans as wanting away.

Rooney and his agent wanted it to remain quite.

Fergie had other ideas.

Rooney and his agent wanted it to remain quite.

Fergie had other ideas.

Exactly, Fergie has dropped him right in it, and his agent has been in a frenzy ever since. Personally I want him gone, he's a jumped up little brat, his agent is one of the biggest cnuts going as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.