Wayne Rooney | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will cause internal issues at the club the following season if he stays. Im willing to bet a lot on it.

Get rid.

Good point. Ferguson was not vulnerable, he has and always wins, bigger at the club than Rooney. However Moyes is vulnerable being the new manager, so Rooney will be able to cause unrest much more easily by voicing his disatisfaction of being left out, or not used in the right way etc...

..probably better for the club and the long built up harmony for him to move on...

Arsenal are growing increasingly confident they can finance a record-breaking move for Wayne Rooney.
Sportmail exclusively revealed the Gunners’ interest in the unsettled Manchester United star last week.

A move for Rooney was first discussed in a scouting meeting in March, but there was an acknowledgement that his £250,000-per-week wages could be a stretch too far for the club.

However, Arsenal are refusing to dismiss the idea of landing Rooney this summer. He has just two years to run on his existing Old Trafford contract, and the Gunners hope that the security of a five-year deal worth close to £200,000-a-week will be an attractive proposition for the striker.
Arsenal are also willing to hand Rooney a multi-million pound signing-on fee to supplement his wages.

The deal would make Rooney the club’s best ever paid player.
Lukas Podolski and Theo Walcott are Arsenal’s current top earners on around £100,000-a-week. But outgoing United chief executive David Gill still expects Rooney to start next season with the Premier League champions, despite Arsenal’s interest.

The 27-year-old has been linked with a move from Old Trafford after retiring manager Sir Alex Ferguson — who has been replaced by Everton’s David Moyes — said the player had submitted a second transfer request in nearly three years.

But Gill said: ‘I think that he’s a great, great player at a great, great club and the club doesn’t want to lose its star player.
‘I’m sure every bit of work is being taken with Wayne and his advisers to ensure that happens. I am not a betting man but I’m confident I’ll sit at Old Trafford next season and see Wayne Rooney running out.’
Liverpool-born Rooney agreed a five-year contract running to June 2015 after changing his mind over leaving the club in October 2010.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ayne-Rooney-chased-Arsenal.html#ixzz2UFUKQYKt
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It's obviously the Mail throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks but what would people think of him going to Arsenal?

It's obviously the Mail throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks but what would people think of him going to Arsenal?

It would bother me.

But I'd get over it, knowing that we'd have a backup plan for the loss of Wayne Rooney: Marouanne Fellaini. :p

Seriously, I don't see it happening. What I see happening is that Wayne stays at Old Trafford and Wenger procures other players. I haven't been following the Arsenal rumor-mill so I have little idea of who they're targeting but a forward surely has to be in their to-do list. As much as liked Chesney in his first two dozen or so appearance for the gunners, he's stalled in his development and even regressed at times...I could see them making a move for a keeper too.

I guess some people would be more tolerant if he made his transfer requests in public and spent all summer talking to the media, flirting with other clubs and leading everyone on a merry dance. Then he'd have his name sung even after leaving the club. He made the grave mistake of asking Fergie in private that maybe he wants to leave.

I assume you are trying to compare him to Ronaldo here.

Except that Ronaldo always said he wanted to play in Spain - he never came out with comments about he wanted to end his career at United and become a legend.

He also was a consumate professional while at United - specifically with regard to fitness and conditioning.

He also never questioned United's ambition.

Lastly, Rooney did more than ask SAF in private - he handed in a transfer request.

Think they are some of the differences.

So £200,000 per week for Rooney how much does that leave for United?

For the sake of debate is there anyone people here might want, not Wilshere because he'd be off limits but other than that?

There would be something quite funny about questioning the ambition of a team, waiting for them to win more titles and then moving to fecking Arsenal for what are supposed to be your peak years. In that case I think booing might be a bit cruel. "He's cracked. He's cracked. He's cracked he's cracked he's cracked" might be more apt.

gervinho-n-est-pas-insensible-aux-sirenes-de-l-angleterre-et_display_image.jpg

If he goes to Arsenal I'll bare my Arse on Bolton town hall steps.

I wouldn't mind, obviously I'd prefer him to go to Arsenal than Chelsea or City.

The club are desperate to keep him him for marketing reasons more so than his footballing abilities in my opinion. They both come hand in hand, but we'd lose out massively commercially.

I have a feeling the prick will stay... he'll become highest paid in the league.

He also was a consumate professional while at United - specifically with regard to fitness and conditioning.

He also never questioned United's ambition.

I think these are probably the two biggest factors. Rooney has asked to leave two separate times now and both during periods of very bad form for him. Rooney also insulted the club when asking to leave.

That said, I don't like Ronaldo either and don't want to see him back at United.

I wouldn't mind, obviously I'd prefer him to go to Arsenal than Chelsea or City.

The club are desperate to keep him him for marketing reasons more so than his footballing abilities in my opinion. They both come hand in hand, but we'd lose out massively commercially.

I have a feeling the prick will stay... he'll become highest paid in the league.

That's a factor, in marketing terms he's the 3rd most valuable player after Messi and Ronaldo.

But his impact as a player is not what it was, for whatever reason.

They seem to think that Rooney will take a paycut to join Arsenal :lol:

That's a factor, in marketing terms he's the 3rd most valuable player after Messi and Ronaldo.

But his impact as a player is not what it was, for whatever reason.

That's only because of us though.

If he was still at Everton you really think he would be at the stage he is today? God no.

If he leaves the big companies won't be as interested IMO

If he was still at Everton you really think he would be at the stage he is today? God no.

Well its clearly not his looks. It's because of his ability. He's with us because of his ability which in turn makes him marketable. Because of his ability his next club, if there is one, will be another huge club and he'll be just as marketable.

There's 25+ other members of the squad nowhere near the top 5 most marketable players in the world.

Rooney as England's star player would be probably as big a star if he was at the other top teams as well imo. Probs not Everton as they don't have the same exposure but a top 4 team. I'd expect wilshere to be one of the next big names in english football once be sorts his injuries out. That said not sure Rooney is even the 3rd most marketable player, would imagine he's below Neymar as well.

I guess some people would be more tolerant if he made his transfer requests in public and spent all summer talking to the media, flirting with other clubs and leading everyone on a merry dance. Then he'd have his name sung even after leaving the club. He made the grave mistake of asking Fergie in private that maybe he wants to leave.

Maybe he wants to leaves?

You're comparing Rooney with a freak of nature, a unique talent and one of the best players United had ever had. Its basically like comparing Sharpe with Giggs.

Rooney - marketable?

He's a granny shagging, cheating on his pregnant wife prat. If he played for anyone else he'd get more abuse on here than the English Lion.

Rooney - marketable?

He's a granny shagging, cheating on his pregnant wife prat. If he played for anyone else he'd get more abuse on here than the English Lion.

He is marketable. Ask Nike

Because of the team he is playing for. Ask Manchester United.

You don't think Rooney would be marketable at any other top club?

Seriously though, that's in the red danger zone of retardation.

He´s let the club and the fans down twice. He was forgiven last time around but I doubt that will be the case this time. For all I care the scouse cnut can feck right off I won´t miss him. Welbeck is the future

You don't think Rooney would be marketable at any other top club?

Seriously though, that's in the red danger zone of retardation.

It goes a long way to explaining why Danny Welbeck is the marketing force of nature that he is.

He´s let the club and the fans down twice. He was forgiven last time around but I doubt that will be the case this time. For all I care the scouse cnut can feck right off I won´t miss him. Welbeck is the future

What about Rio meeting with kenyon and his drugs ban?

-----------

We can all turn this and that to fit an agenda. People believe Sir Alex when he said Rooney asked for a transfer and yet don't believe the club want to keep him? C'mon now

The fact is people need to have some common sense. Rooney's a proven goalscorer. Stop letting your heart rule your head. This is what the media want. If the club want it? Fine, but don't take it personally. Brush it off.

It's in the clubs interests to keep the player. Rooney I reckon, will end up staying. It's a waste of time us thinking this way when we've just won the league. With the current upheaval, let's just wait and see what transpires.

All I can say is some of you come from the Kevin Keegan stable of dealing with management and we all know what happened there.

Status
Not open for further replies.