Wayne Rooney | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our regular update from the Daily Rooney and their take on the story L'Equipe broke earlier:

The £100million man! Manchester United's Wayne Rooney being lined up for massive Paris Saint-Germain move

23 May 2013

Mega-bucks French champions willing to go to £40m as a transfer fee for the England striker and pay him £15m-a-year AFTER tax

Big-spending Paris Saint-Germain are prepared to put together a staggering £100million deal to land Wayne Rooney.

Manchester United striker Rooney has emerged as the French side's No 1 target this summer, and their mega-rich Middle Eastern owners are prepared to pay him a staggering £15m-a-year - after tax.

That would put the England star, 27, on the same wages as PSG's current star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who is being tipped for a move back to Italy this summer just one season after moving from AC Milan.

The new Ligue 1 champions would be willing to go to £40m as a transfer fee, and hand Rooney a four-year contract to try to lure him away from the Old Trafford giants.

But they will face competition from French rivals Monaco, while Chelsea and Arsenal are also watching developments - although the two Premier League clubs would struggle to match the riches on offer across the Channel.

We revealed on Monday that Rooney fears he is being driven out of Old Trafford.

He is certain to want to see where he stands with incoming manager David Moyes, who officially succeeds the retiring Alex Ferguson on July 1, before he makes any decision on his future.

While United have told the media that the player had asked to move on, Rooney is adamant he did not make a FORMAL transfer request and had actually been hoping to negotiate a new contract.

However, clubs are now ready and willing to pounce and the mind-blowing cash on offer in Paris could be tempting.

It remains to be seen whether Rooney would turn his back on the Premier League for French football, which is not as competitive, week-in and week-out.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...united-transfers-wayne-rooney-hunting-1905269

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but there is something peculiar about this Rooney situation. I find it odd that we'd admit that he did put in a transfer request, because by doing so we've hung Rooney out to dry with the fans. Most of the fans won't forgive him this time and even if he stays any poor performances will be blamed on him not wanting to be here. If you put yourself in his shoes, I don't think I'd want to stay here either.

To me publicly saying he's put in a transfer request even with adding the he's not for sale line, pretty much means he doesn't want to be here so clubs should feel free to make a bid.

United grew tired of his bullshit. That seems an obvious conclusion. And he wasn't expecting it to go public, which is why the story from Rooney's camp appeared today. And it's a stupid version of events, so it definitely came from Rooney's camp.

Here's my conspiracy: Fergie knew Rooney -Moyes was going to be a problem and Rooney gave him the opportunity to get rid of the problem by handing in a transfer request. Fergie took it and Rooney's camp were very surprised Fergie went public because it killed their chance for a higher contract. Now Rooney's camp is scrambling.

Smart business by United, IMO

United grew tired of his bullshit. That seems an obvious conclusion. And he wasn't expecting it to go public, which is why the story from Rooney's camp appeared today. And it's a stupid version of events, so it definitely came from Rooney's camp.

Here's my conspiracy: Fergie knew Rooney -Moyes was going to be a problem and Rooney gave him the opportunity to get rid of the problem by handing in a transfer request. Fergie took it and Rooney's camp were very surprised Fergie went public because it killed their chance for a higher contract. Now Rooney's camp is scrambling.

Smart business by United, IMO

Sounds like a plausible summary of events.

We should get rid. Id take anything 30 m +, even lower if we get a decent squad player in return.

I hope you're not criticising my exclusive insider sources, chief. It took me ages to copy & paste them.

Their website's still up, Nick, so I guess so.

If he goes to Paris we must surely explore the possibility of getting Verratti in part-exchange. feck it, just swap him for Verratti and Lucas.

Their website's still up, Nick, so I guess so.

They used to be a byword round here when it came to the transfer rumours but i haven't seen them quoted so frequently of late.

For who has this move to PSG been long anticipated? Stretford perhaps.

If he is off to PSG, I do hope we can get some money out of them. £35-40m + Verratti might do the trick.

L'Equipe is also reporting interest from PSG, I don't know how reliable they are though. If he's off, I think PSG is the best case scenario for us.

Not very reliable, like more and more websites, they rely on "clicks" for ad money and publish a lot of rubbish. Which of course doesn't mean they're spouting bullshit in this case, I have no idea, but their word shouldn't be taken as gospel (I don't know whose word can be anymore nowadays).

PSG would indeed be the best option from Utd's point of view, huge money for us, not a domestic rival. Wayne would probably tear Ligue 1 apart as well. And on a side note, I'd probably get a season ticket so I could see him play in the flesh every week :drool:

100m to PSG rumor today I had to laugh at.

I'd pay to fly him there myself for 100m to be honest.

It'd have to be EasyJet though.

It's silly indeed, but is the 100M the transfer fee or the overall package? Cos if they put him on a 4 year deal at 15M, that's already 60M, with an extra 40 for the transfer fee (which would still be huge). Some media report the whole package as a headline to make it look even bigger.

If we do sell him, please please get Bale.

Just the catalyst we would need - goal threat from the wings, searing pace. Picture Bale with Rvp/Hernandez up front with Kagawa in consistent form behind them, and Alacantra (or umm, some decent midfielder?) partnering Carrick ?

I'm sick of this saga and it's not even June. No one is bigger than this club and I'd be embarrassed if we offered him a new contract on such high wages as he simply doesn't deserve them. Likewise it would be madness if we let his contract run down to a year and lost him for peanuts next year or free the year after. Only solution I see is getting rid.

Rooney asked for a transfer verbally, likely in frustration. Sir Alex or the club have never said it was formal or official. Nothing new from the Mirror.

That's not what I said though. Fergie didn't say it was an official request but he acknowledged the conversation between him and Rooney in public. It's why I don't think it bodes well for the boy.

Trade with Tottenham for Bale and 15£ mil?? :) Would be a bargain!

Otherwise I would like to see Rooney leave to PSG, another thing, Rooney doesn't deserve the chance to be our alltime greatest goalscorer!

The new Ligue 1 champions would be willing to go to £40m as a transfer fee, and hand Rooney a four-year contract to try to lure him away from the Old Trafford giants.

SEEEEL!!!!! 40£ mill?!?!?! They must be joking!

Cannot imagine we will get £40m, superb player though he is. If we do, I would expect the club to accept it in the circumstances. And I will weep. But if that happens, and we get Falcao or Lewandowski in, I can't see us being too much worse off.

I'm with SAF on this one. Rooney can't complain too much. We've played him behind the striker (one of his 'best' positions) and he has had some poor performances there. He gets subbed off rightly but presumably isn't happy about it. Sir Alex says if Wayne was in top form, this wouldn't happen. I agree and it's how I have felt all season.

His stats would have you believe he's had a pretty good season. The performances for me say something different. Based on SAF's actions this season, I think he wanted to see more from Wayne too. As the season went on, I got the impression Rooney no longer felt settled here and if he goes somewhere else for a new challenge, so be it. He's not a United fan and if he's truly gone stale, either he figures it out with Moyes or packs his bags. No time for a footballer who isn't committed to the cause. Fergie is right. He should go and have a think about it though. It's a pivotal moment in his career.

What I don't like is Stretford acting like a prick and trying to paint SAF as the bad guy AGAIN!!!

Trade with Tottenham for Bale and 15£ mil?? :) Would be a bargain!

Otherwise I would like to see Rooney leave to PSG, another thing, Rooney doesn't deserve the chance to be our alltime greatest goalscorer!

SEEEEL!!!!! 40£ mill?!?!?! They must be joking!

He's one of the most marketable players in the world. He should command a higher transfer than the likes of Falco on that basis alone.

I'm still expecting a U turn to be made from him. Right now I just want it over and done with: if he stays, fine. I won't have the respect I used to have for him as a United player but he'll still be scoring in our colours. If he goes, thanks for your services Wayne, you put a lot in for the club and don't regret anything after you decide to leave, you packed your own bags and the taxi was already waiting outside for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.