Wayne Rooney | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player PLUS CASH?

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm seriously hoping they meant Hart plus cash for Rooney, otherwise you really have to wonder what it takes to be a journalist at some places. I mean it's a bad enough rumour as it is but if it's the other way round, well that's just too stupid.

Daily Stars says he wants out regardless of Moyes coming. Just go Wayne.

Well if the Daily Star says it! Seriously, they are the biggest joke of a paper going. They just take the shit printed by the Sun and try to make it even more sensationalist and controversial.

What the feck? :lol:

The Mirror has hit a new low, and I honestly thought that wasn't possible.

:lol::lol: FFS I agree, why would we need Hart when we have possible the best young keeper in the World.
I get the feeling that the press really hate DDG and cant wait for him to fail, he was by far the best keeper in the PL for the second half of the season,

Nope, I'm just taking issue with your use of the phrase 'by all accounts'. It's pedantry, and it's what I do.

I don't have much confidence in anyone's claims about the Rooney situation at the moment. Fortunately, I don't care too much either way. I think people are too precious about the relationships between footballers and their clubs. Also I'm pretty confident that, one way or the other, Rooney will still be here next season.

United should have been exploring their options so far as buyers went anyway , this transfer request has simply been additional evidence toward motivating that course of action.

However if Rooney stays at the club despite these recent events there may be trouble ahead for us i think, it will be of little comfort were he to finally face the music with a year left on his contract and other disruptions over 2013/14.

The fact that he only has 2 years left on his contract makes me absolutely sure I'd want to get rid this summer. If we do convince him to stay one more season he'll either go cheap next summer or wait it out and get a big signing on fee the year after. I'd rather just get the cash than keep an unmotivated Rooney here for two more years.

The Hart story is preposterous that I'm inclined to believe it wasn't made up by the paper. How could any journalist possibly think it makes any sense to make something up so far fetched?

Some 'source' must have decided to see how gullible that journalist is.

PSG would certainly be the ideal buyer as far as we're concerned, not one of our rivals and the most likely to overpay for him. I wonder how much he'll go for? I can see arguments for him being worth anywhere between 25 and 40 million, depending on how you look at things.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but there is something peculiar about this Rooney situation. I find it odd that we'd admit that he did put in a transfer request, because by doing so we've hung Rooney out to dry with the fans. Most of the fans won't forgive him this time and even if he stays any poor performances will be blamed on him not wanting to be here. If you put yourself in his shoes, I don't think I'd want to stay here either.

To me publicly saying he's put in a transfer request even with adding the he's not for sale line, pretty much means he doesn't want to be here so clubs should feel free to make a bid.

For what it's worth, I think he's headed to Madrid, but I would be very happy with a cash plus swap deal for Verratti with PSG.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but there is something peculiar about this Rooney situation. I find it odd that we'd admit that he did put in a transfer request, because by doing so we've hung Rooney out to dry with the fans. Most of the fans won't forgive him this time and even if he stays any poor performances will be blamed on him not wanting to be here. If you put yourself in his shoes, I don't think I'd want to stay here either.

To me publicly saying he's put in a transfer request even with adding the he's not for sale line, pretty much means he doesn't want to be here so clubs should feel free to make a bid.

For what it's worth, I think he's headed to Madrid, but I would be very happy with a cash plus swap deal for Verratti with PSG.

Hardly the most outlandish of conspiracy theories, a lot of the journalists who cover United have been saying we've been open to letting him go for ages. Some of them were saying we offered him to Real around Christmas and Barcelona as well. I think you'd have to be very naive to believe that this is simply a case of Rooney trying to force his way out while the club desperately try to keep him.

I think there's no way back for him at United this time, if we can receive anything between £30-40m it would be a great deal for the club knowing that we'll save more than £20m in wages.

Yes, because 'we've refused his transfer request, he's not for sale' always means 'he's for sale'. :wenger:

Well if the Daily Star says it! Seriously, they are the biggest joke of a paper going. They just take the shit printed by the Sun and try to make it even more sensationalist and controversial.
It's so Liverpool fans can read Sun articles without having to read the Sun.

"He wants out, but we're not saying he's for sale so we'll get lots of monies."

Would be great if we could get £40/50 million for him.

At this point I'd let him leave for free. Nothing would annoy me more if we gave him another chance. It would make me feel like we're City:nono:

I can come up with at least 5 United players right now who are more important to us than Rooney, and several others with a brighter future. If he was our best player by some margin, then maybe, just maybe, it would make a little sense to keep him. But he's not. And even if he were: it's not the United way.

Put Welbeck into either category, for one he is willing to play that role he did against Madrid and Liverpool so well. Can the same be said for Rooney in the future?

At this point I'd let him leave for free. Nothing would annoy me more if we gave him another chance. It would make me feel like we're City:nono:

I can come up with at least 5 United players right now who are more important to us than Rooney, and several others with a brighter future. If he was our best player by some margin, then maybe, just maybe, it would make a little sense to keep him. But he's not. And even if he were: it's not the United way.

Delusional.

I wish there were some way one of us, perhaps myself, could just go over to the Rooney compound and straighten his head out.

He's got more than everything he could have dreamed of when he was a teenager, perhaps more than he deserves. Bring his head back to earth and then get gim into a fitness program at Nike for 2-3 weeks, he'd be as dominant in football as LeBron James is in basketball. On his day his talent is at the same level of Messi and Ronaldo, but what holds him back is some raging inner demos I just can't get my head around. What the fukk could have been so bad in his youth to be such a twat as an adult?

Cant agree at all. I think you have this all wrong. The best solution is for us to keep him and for him to be happy. Thats achievable.

Cant agree at all. I think you have this all wrong. The best solution is for us to keep him and for him to be happy. Thats achievable.

Obviously. If things can be professional then that's the ideal scenario. Personal feelings shouldn't matter at all if the player is performing and acting professional.

If he makes a statement along the lines of "I've made another mistake, I will try my best for United", will he avoid the boos?

I'm wondering if it's too late this time, mate - today, I've not seen a single tweet 'asking' him to stay at United, and that's a first since this all began.

He's let me down...by not naming his new baby 'Kanga'.

Not to state the obvious(which I will anyways), but the PSG deal if true is the best option for everyone really. United get good money for him- I'm thinking 30m+ He finally gets his "new challenge" and the people shitting their pants over him going to a domestic rival will get clean pair of pants. Everyone's happy.

Not to state the obvious(which I will anyways), but the PSG deal if true is the best option for everyone really. United get good money for him- I'm thinking 30m+ He finally gets his "new challenge" and the people shitting their pants over him going to a domestic rival will get clean pair of pants. Everyone's happy.

We definitely want closer to 35-40 for Wayne for it to be a good deal. As a player he is worth 30 and adding his popularity and marketability we should require at least 35-40.

He is one of the most popular players in the world and by far the most popular player in United. Without Wayne we have 0 stars in terms of popularity even though RVP is class as an individual.

If he makes a statement along the lines of "I've made another mistake, I will try my best for United", will he avoid the boos?

The best way to stop the boo's will be to get his head down, score some goals and play like he is enjoying himself again

Status
Not open for further replies.