Wan-Bissaka for sale | joins West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so fecking distraught he’s going for no logical reason. The “scoop” tackle alone had me.

But he was so useless going forward :lol:

I see no particular reason to believe the leak about the clause, but also no reason to think these people would know about it if it exists. It would be a private deal between United and Wan-Bissaka, and wouldn't have anything directly to do with the transfer. If Ornstein is getting his information from West Ham they wouldn't know, and if from United or Wan-Bissaka they wouldn't really have a reason to tell.
I.e., we can safely discuss the transfer fee as £15m without getting our knickers in a twist about some fees which no one has a clue about.

I.e., we can safely discuss the transfer fee as £15m without getting our knickers in a twist about some fees which no one has a clue about.

We're not privy to agent fees that happen with every deal (I suppose you can get an idea in the financials, at least on the total) and probably a bunch of contractual clauses. I do think it's possible those get reported more often for United (in part because every transfer is apparently child delivery painful for this club). We're all wrapped in the pageantry of transfers but like the box office for films or best sellers lists, it's all very broad, vague and misleading indicators. Understandably clubs like to make their own internal cooking with books.

Sure, if you want, but that's very different from saying that the clause is definitely not real.
Well if you believe that there is no hope for you.

If I believe public information released by UEFA and Nice then there's no hope for me?

Sure, if you want, but that's very different from saying that the clause is definitely not real.

If I believe public information released by UEFA and Nice then there's no hope for me?

Seriously you think the owner of a club won’t have a say? It’s a tick box exercise to make it look like UEFA have done something.

How have Nice benefited from selling their best player on a loan deal?

I thought he was ok for us to be honest. There’s others stealing a living at United . Wish him the best.

Seriously you think the owner of a club won’t have a say? It’s a tick box exercise to make it look like UEFA have done something.

How have Nice benefited from selling their best player on a loan deal?

Todibo wanted to leave, and the deal is around what has been rumored all summer.

You're inventing a convoluted conspiracy theory where Ineos engages in what would likely be criminal fraud just to get West Ham to bid 15m for Wan-Bissaka, and you "can't help me" if I find your ramblings a bit strange? I'll live with that.

I like him, he is good at what he does but it feels like a breath of fresh air that a player like him is leaving as his profile doesn't match how we are want to play. Maybe we actually have a plan for once. Also he's in his last year of his contract so might as well cash in. Will probably be a good transfer for West Ham.

If Todibo is a loan and we’re selling AWB on the cheap…. Is there a world where we get Todibo next season?

Think we'll miss him especially games like today where we could put him on Doku to shut down their danger man.

I just see it as pointless discussing something when no one has a idea if it exists or not. And none of the reliable journalists ever made a mention of there being a huge payoff.

Think we'll miss him especially games like today where we could put him on Doku to shut down their danger man.
Think there will be a LOT of bumps to the inevitable AwB thread this season saying we shouldn't have sold him when he has good games (which he's very capable of as he's an excellent one v one defender). The fall in valuation from 50 million to 15 million, no England caps, and bad positional play probably won't be remembered as much.

If Todibo is a loan and we’re selling AWB on the cheap…. Is there a world where we get Todibo next season?

We can only go for him from January '26. That ship seems to have sailed with de Ligt coming in anyway. I don't think he'd have been a great pairing with Martinez, but as depth he'd have been a great purchase and relatively cheap too.

Think there will be a LOT of bumps to the inevitable AwB thread this season saying we shouldn't have sold him when he has good games (which he's very capable of as he's an excellent one v one defender). The fall in valuation from 50 million to 15 million, no England caps, and bad positional play probably won't be remembered as much.

Plus people won't scrutinise his every single touch and move when he's left, so will always appear better in the highlights.

The bubble cnuts get a good fullback that will fit their style. AWB will be missed but he just doesn’t work in ETHs system.

The bubble cnuts get a good fullback that will fit their style. AWB will be missed but he just doesn’t work in ETHs system.

Not sure how much that's the case given how Lopetegui usually uses his fullbacks, but we'll see how he adjusts.

If he'd come on today, we would be Community Shield Champions of the world... thankfully it's just a meaningless friendly.

Wish him all the best. Didn't kick on when we signed him, but was a consistently solid player for us. Think he will do well for West Ham

I like AWB and see him as the best defensive back in United's squad. Offensively is another matter. He will be a great reinforcement for West Ham.

Never on a level good enough to play for a contender. Great sign that we’re starting to realize this and getting rid. On a bad day I would gladly give the young guys a run instead of him.
Agreed. Now only if we can get rid of McTominay...

This is one of those sales where we know he is 100% going to shut down our left side when we play west ham this season :lol:

£15m for a player that has years of starting?
It doesn’t matter how many years he has left in his career. It matters how many years he has in his contract. Worth less than 12 months left this is all we can get for him. Unless you guys we are trying not to hoard players.

All the best to him. Not a great fee but it's okay. Never really was good enough for this level, or any other football than counterattacking. But I don't think he ever downed tools or was disruptive in anyway. Seemed to put his head down and do his best, and that's more than some. I think he should be fairly decent for West Ham, especially at that price.

Mazraoui is not a bad defender at all by the way. Just because he is good on the ball, doesn't mean he's a poor defender. Think he'll surprise many.

That's been his whole career basically, always being written off and then surprising.

Thank god AWB is gone. Forever asleep at his back post. Staggeringly overrated crap RB. So delighted to see his horrendous attacking play gone. I used to add a K to wan

Just never kicked on. He has 12 months left on his contract and the club had no intention of extending. It is not really that complicated. Would have thought £20 million was a realistic value, but at least we got something reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.