Wan-Bissaka for sale | joins West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
United fans will convince you its a good deal for a player thats lucky to play in the Premier League.
Not sure which United fans you've been speaking to. Hyperbolic nonsense.

Not good enough to get us where we need to go, has a lot of qualities suited for a club like West Ham.

Bad decision to let him go I think and I'm not sure why we have. Good signing for West Ham at a great price.

I'm amazed that a few are unhappy we're selling him. His an average defender and laughably bad at everything else.

Bad decision to let him go I think and I'm not sure why we have. Good signing for West Ham at a great price.

We want to be a modern attacking side with inverted full backs.

Awb contributes nothing going forward.

Because he scored twice and scored 12 assists in all competitions since joining. That tally is far too low for a fullback in a top club. His overall offensive ability is not good enough. But he seems like a really favourable lad who never complains and does his best. He will be a great signing for West Ham.

Delighted to see him moved on. Brilliant tackler, and 1v1 defender on the ground - Poor to Dreadful at pretty much every other aspect of the game. I think he'll do decently enough at West Ham but was not good enough and a bad stylistic fit for us.

Best of luck to the guy though, never really did much 'wrong'.

Final year of contract and selling him now means we can spend the money on a replacement and not have the outlay next season while losing him for free

Good tackler, weak defender, bang average footballer.

Seems like a nice lad and I wish him well, but I'm happy I won't be watching him in our shirt anymore.

Because he scored twice and scored 12 assists in all competitions since joining. That tally is far too low for a fullback in a top club. His overall offensive ability is not good enough. But he seems like a really favourable lad who never complains and does his best. He will be a great signing for West Ham.

Hope you aren't a Dalot fan because his stats aren't much better.

You said yourself last season that he should have been sold the previous summer

Good tackler, weak defender, bang average footballer.

Seems like a nice lad and I wish him well, but I'm happy I won't be watching him in our shirt anymore.
Absolutely spot on. I wouldn't mind that he's poor in offense if he was a solid defence, but he's not that. He's quite average defensively.

Seems like a good person so I've good nothing against him on that level.

Disappointed to see him go personally. Pretty confident Rashford will get nothing out of him when we face West Ham.

Thank god AWB is gone. Forever asleep at his back post. Staggeringly overrated crap RB. So delighted to see his horrendous attacking play gone. I used to add a K to wan
Haha quite strong opinions! He would have had that young Belgian lad in his pocket today. It will almost be funny to see how much of a cakewalk he has in pocketing Rashford. I bet Rashford won't even bother trying, it will just be stops and passes backwards or hiding from the ball for 90 minutes.

You said yourself last season that he should have been sold the previous summer
Yeah last summer when we could have got more money for him and before we decided on Mazraoui as his replacement. We might as well have kept him this summer.

First in the long line of players we have who hate having the football at their feet, who need moved on.

If he'd come on today, we would be Community Shield Champions of the world... thankfully it's just a meaningless friendly.

Wish him all the best. Didn't kick on when we signed him, but was a consistently solid player for us. Think he will do well for West Ham
I think there will be quite a few games where you can say something similar and be right, but it would be very typical of Wan Bissaka to lose control of the man behind his back while defending the back post. Neither is he a great penalty taker, and I don’t think we’d have scored more goals in open play with him on the pitch, so I don’t see that claim in evidence today.

I think he’s done well for us in bits, though, particularily under Ole, even if I agree with his sale.

So was that information true about us paying him the remainder of his contract to leave?

AWB is not someone that you need in a progressive side. Should be sold, don’t get where the drama is.

Hope you aren't a Dalot fan because his stats aren't much better.
Dalot had 3 goals and 5 assists last season for us, in one of our worst seasons ever. Not sure what comparison you're making.

He's had 6 goals and 10 assists at United. Hardly impressive given he's meant to be an attacking fullback. Anyway, wasn't asking you.
Clearly better than AWB still? Especially if you look at minutes played, and their status from when they joined United. AWB as a 40/50 million pound signing, Dalot as a young talent, sent out on loan and only matured in recent years.

Even Shaw has never managed 8g+a for us, even in his very best season when deemed world class / best left back from the world. So not sure what you're talking about, you'll have to go back to quite a while to find that from a full back at United. One thing is certain, that Wan Bissaka is way off the mark.

And I'm sure you do know that you're on a forum.. it's not about asking anyone anything.

Hopefully the new guy is better. If he is, then this is a fantastic piece of business, and we thank AWB for his years of service to the club, and we look to the future. Not sure why we have to trash our players every chance we get.

I like AWB and see him as the best defensive back in United's squad. Offensively is another matter. He will be a great reinforcement for West Ham.
Mad how many casuals think slide tackles is the only part of defending in football.

It seems like positioning, awareness, anticipation, communication, mentality and pace aren't needed as long as you throw a leg out and hit the ball over 50% of times.

It's because he's mediocre at best. What's he good at besides tackling, which he actually did precious little of last year. Do you think he's good at the basics of defending or that he has the attacking qualities to be a RB in an elite team?

Still can’t believe we spent £50 million on a player who’s only standout quality is that he can slide tackle well. I would love to know what our recruitment team were thinking that Summer. The fact he’s lasted 5 seasons here is even more ridiculous.

Will probably do okay at West Ham. That’s his level.

I see no particular reason to believe the leak about the clause, but also no reason to think these people would know about it if it exists. It would be a private deal between United and Wan-Bissaka, and wouldn't have anything directly to do with the transfer. If Ornstein is getting his information from West Ham they wouldn't know, and if from United or Wan-Bissaka they wouldn't really have a reason to tell.
It likely wasn't a clause in his contract, but rather AWB wanting to be made whole on any signing/agent bonuses he'd have gotten as a free agent.

I think you can likely count on him getting paid out something. I highly doubt the demand went from £7M to 0. Probably there was a compromise of £3-4M or something. Potentially West Ham agreed to up their bid a bit to help cover this too.

Goodbye. He was a liability for everything not named slide tackling. Showed up a few times pocketing big players but wouldn’t do it regularly.

Somewhat sad to see him go, but can understand the reasons behind it. One of the world's best in defending against wingers in a 1 v 1 duel with a slide tackle like a bear trap, but probably Ten Hag doesn't see him as someone suited for more progressive football.

Still, he will always have my respect for being professional and winning his place back in the starting lineup against Dalot. Hope he does well at West Ham and I agree that if Rashford plays against him, he is unlikely to get past him.

Reactions: BenitoSTARR
Somewhat sad to see him go, but can understand the reasons behind it. One of the world's best in defending against wingers in a 1 v 1 duel with a slide tackle like a bear trap, but probably Ten Hag doesn't see him as someone suited for more progressive football.

Still, he will always have my respect for being professional and winning his place back in the starting lineup against Dalot. Hope he does well at West Ham and I agree that if Rashford plays against him, he is unlikely to get past him.
Let’s be honest too, majority of the times he’s used that amazing slide tackle is because he’s been exposed in the other aspects of his defending. Everything always felt recovery/last ditch with him.

If you want an example of a player who gets exploited in important high level matches, AWB is it. Do people forget the handful of games in Europe this guy played?

Thank god we've now got owners that accept reality and are willing to move these players on when we're able

Status
Not open for further replies.