Wan-Bissaka for sale | joins West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without the +1 year on the contract he would have left at the end of June for free, now there's an opportunity to either earn 7-8m or keep him for another year if the club values that higher.

How is that dumb?
Its a ridiculous clause. He should've been sold last summer with this clause in mind, he was never the future of the club.

Its interesting seeing other fans excited about a player that a decent percentage of our fan base would be happy to get rid of.

We were horrific in defense last season, some defensive stability would go a long way as in attack we were actually ok. The 4th worst goals conceded last season, only above the relegation 3.

So a defensive solid RB, even if maybe a little limited relatively speaking going forward I'd exactly what many fans want, particularly with a pretty strong attack these days.

This is the most detailed information regarding this but it has also been referenced by other generally reliable sources for United. It is where the AWB wants 7M news came from, it is not him being greedy, we stupidly put it in his contract.

Ah ok thanks. That makes a bit more sense than how I originally took it.

Its a ridiculous clause. He should've been sold last summer with this clause in mind, he was never the future of the club.

Without the clause they could have sold him last summer like normal, or let him go for free this summer.

With the clause they could have sold him last summer like normal, let him go for free this summer, they can sell him this summer, or keep him another year.

The latter is objectively better.

Without the +1 year on the contract he would have left at the end of June for free, now there's an opportunity to either earn 7-8m or keep him for another year if the club values that higher.

How is that dumb?

Assuming it’s true, it arguably encourages any player with one year left on their contract to refuse a transfer. Club wants to sell you for £20m? No thanks - I’ll wait a year and either leave for free or force you to exercise the +1 and get half that fee.

Assuming it’s true, it arguably encourages any player with one year left on their contract to refuse a transfer. Club wants to sell you for £20m? No thanks - I’ll wait a year and either leave for free or force you to exercise the +1 and get half that fee.

Very similar to without the clause. Club wants ro sell you for 20m? No thanks - I'll wait a year and leave for free for the signing bonus.

Well that's good news at least.

As in, how it's structured doesn't matter. Selling him for 7.5, or selling for 15 with him receiving 50 %, or selling for 15 and giving him 7.5 in a completely separate transaction, would all give the same result.

Without the clause they could have sold him last summer like normal, or let him go for free this summer.

With the clause they could have sold him last summer like normal, let him go for free this summer, they can sell him this summer, or keep him another year.

The latter is objectively better.
What's objectively better is selling him before the clause kicks in. Which is what should've happened.

What's objectively better is selling him before the clause kicks in. Which is what should've happened.

Which is irrelevant when evaluating the clause, because they could have tried to sell him both with and without the clause.

Which is irrelevant when evaluating the clause, because they could have tried to sell him both with and without the clause.
I don't expect to see this silly clause with competent ownership, and if they are inserted I expect them to sell before it kicks in. It is fundamentally a ridiculous clause. We can agree to disagree.

Sounds like a sums involved may be close to what we paid in loan fees for Amrabat last season. Personally I'd be inclined to keep him and lose him for free than pay him a big payout alongside a small fee.

Fair point but we've paid him something like €5m in wages in that year so if we also give him 50% of the fee that's not a huge amount at all.

It has been 40 days since his contact would have ran out, he does not earn that much. If this clause is real, and if a sale happens for 15m, United will get 7-7.5m more than 0.

What's the point of extending the contract to protect resale value if you only get half the feckin fee?
I'm not saying it's a good deal :lol:
At first it sounded like when we signed him, he always had the sell on percentage, it only being added if we chose to extend makes more sense than that.

I don't expect to see this silly clause with competent ownership, and if they are inserted I expect them to sell before it kicks in. It is fundamentally a ridiculous clause. We can agree to disagree.
It is a bit silly. Folks need to realize though that guys about to be free agents are probably going to demand some payment though. If AWB is set to pocket a £5M signing bonus next year (which a club like West Ham would probably be happy to pay since they wouldn't have to pay a transfer fee), why should he give up that money just so he can go play at West Ham a year earlier? I'd be holding out for more of a payoff too.

Reactions: Cheimoon
Malachian or whatever the bloke name is, obviously talks lot of rubbish, since it's negative news people believe it so easily.

Sounds like a sums involved may be close to what we paid in loan fees for Amrabat last season. Personally I'd be inclined to keep him and lose him for free than pay him a big payout alongside a small fee.
Seems like he wants to go....

What's the point of extending the contract to protect resale value if you only get half the feckin fee?
Half of a fee is better than nothing. Must be their thinking. Still don’t agree with it though.

Hopefully this gets done. While he’s good at those 1v1 duels, he sucks at positional awareness and of course getting forward and being an attacking threat.

I will never understand why Solskjaer and whoever the feck was involved back then with recruitment went with him, despite saying Solskjaer wanted full backs who got forward, linked up play and created attacks… then they went out and got someone who anything but that, from a list of 80-something full backs :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.