Wan-Bissaka for sale | joins West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incomings would happen with what money exactly?

Who would play instead of them if you fail to recruit? Kids? Will you have the patience to see them being inconsistent performers?

it doesn’t make sense to just get rid of players for the sake of it, especially if selling them wouldn’t help you raise funds to replace them. Ffs Gallagher went for 40+ m£, who do you think we could buy for 25m that would be an upgrade on Casemiro or McTominay? Who would replace AWB for 15m when we already played most of last season with only 1 natural fullback?
Have you been paying attention at all this summer or not? If you did, you’ll see what incomings we had lined up if we could ship off the duds, all of the replacements being more than adequate replacements.

Incomings would happen with what money exactly?

Who would play instead of them if you fail to recruit? Kids? Will you have the patience to see them being inconsistent performers?

it doesn’t make sense to just get rid of players for the sake of it, especially if selling them wouldn’t help you raise funds to replace them. Ffs Gallagher went for 40+ m£, who do you think we could buy for 25m that would be an upgrade on Casemiro or McTominay? Who would replace AWB for 15m when we already played most of last season with only 1 natural fullback?

It is not a pound for pound replacement though is it and I think you are just being disingenious here. Fees are amoritized and the key is how the deals impact our accounts. 15M for AWB will cover the amortitized cost of Mazaroui and De Ligt.

Looks like he won't be leaving. Probably couldn't agree on a payoff with the club? He doesn't seem to fancy West Ham that much either. Prefers Inter Milan, so obviously he's in no hurry to move to West Ham, he obviously thinks it's beneath him. The thing is situations like this are preventing the club from conducting business and imo the higher ups should be ruthless and stamp it out this window. Won't leave? Won't play either. Distasteful but it'll prevent similar situations in the future.

This is why it’s going to be a slow rebuild, we can’t raise money from selling the deadwood so they’ll all run their contracts down.

Have you been paying attention at all this summer or not? If you did, you’ll see what incomings we had lined up if we could ship off the duds, all of the replacements being more than adequate replacements.
Yeah right because like every summer everything that’s being said on twitter is the truth

I came back seeing the Caf praising Ugarte while he’s average at the very best and getting mad we’re not signing Zubimendi when nobody saw him play, tells me all I need to know

A real shame we haven't been able to do the business we want to do, AWB leaving would be an important step to United improving as team.

Unfortunately I think that players on these huge wages will just sit until there contracts expire.

It is not a pound for pound replacement though is it and I think you are just being disingenious here. Fees are amoritized and the key is how the deals impact our accounts. 15M for AWB will cover the amortitized cost of Mazaroui and De Ligt.
Im not saying it’s a pound for pound, but when you see the crazy prices in the market, it’s very risky to just get rid of your players and hoping to get good replacements while still being financially constrained. This forces to try coup such a combined fee for 2 players

Ten Hag been let down yet again in the transfer market. Squad is worse than last year's. Have Ineos bit off more than they can chew by investing in a rotting corpse of a football club?

A real shame we haven't been able to do the business we want to do, AWB leaving would be an important step to United improving as team.

Unfortunately I think that players on these huge wages will just sit until there contracts expire.
Yup. Casemiro, Sancho, Maguire, Antony, Martial, et al.

Im not saying it’s a pound for pound, but when you see the crazy prices in the market, it’s very risky to just get rid of your players and hoping to get good replacements while still being financially constrained. This forces to try coup such a combined fee for 2 players
It’s risky alright. If we’re not careful we might lose the 8th place that these players have achieved.

Also let’s just ignore the fact, how cool it is to have players who, clearly, don’t really care about being second fiddles as long as the paychecks keep coming in on Friday. I’m sure the likes of Mainoo and Garnacho really look up to Sancho, AWB, McT etc. Way to create a winning culture.

I'd be wary of that. More so that amortisation it's the actual pay installments I think are the issue and I would assume West Ham would not pay everything upfront. As I understand it, a lot of not most transfers are laddered as such.

Also add the wages of both those players contra whatever AWB was getting as expenses incurred on the year.

Yeah right because like every summer everything that’s being said on twitter is the truth

I came back seeing the Caf praising Ugarte while he’s average at the very best and getting mad we’re not signing Zubimendi when nobody saw him play, tells me all I need to know
The stories are reliable and well sourced.

I really thought this new regime would be pretty aggressive. So disappointed. They’ve been so naive in thinking clubs would pay out for these absolute dud players.
Well it is not their fault if these duds are on insane wages. We have already seen multiple reports say the wages are a hindrance. 15m for awb is not much at all. There has been zero offer for lindelof or maguire or casemiro. It is not that easy to ship these duds with these psr rules

Like Maguire he's going nowhere because he'll never see the kind of money he's getting at United again. I think he's a better player than Mazraoui anyway so I'm not bothered.

Money before desire to play. We've alot of those. Hopefully most will be gone in next 2 or 3 years
Which is why we should have made an example of Maguire instead of reintegrating him after a failed move. If AWB won't take a pay cut from 90k to 50k then what of Sancho, Casemiro or even Eriksen who have more to lose?

We should be more ruthless even if it means losing matches because these players have a stinking attitude and aren't hungry enough and they will never be part of any culture that puts excellence at the top of priorities.

Money before desire to play. We've alot of those. Hopefully most will be gone in next 2 or 3 years
The problem is that like Maguire he also knows that we are not ruthless and always an injury away from him becoming the first choice. Worked out fine for Maggy last season and looks like he'll start the first quarter of the season as a first choice RCB again, at least.

We've got to start being more brutal. Either leave or you'll be in the reserves. That being said if we're needing to give him £2-£3million as a pay off, surely it's better to do that and still get say £15million to reinvest now, rather than get nothing next year.

Once again failing to shift anyone that matters. This is just impressively bad and nothing new.

The problem is that like Maguire he also knows that we are not ruthless and always an injury away from him becoming the first choice. Worked out fine for Maggy last season and looks like he'll start the first quarter of the season as a first choice RCB again, at least.
The truth is, it also worked out for us! As much as I dislike these types of negotiations, the player does have a point - the problem is, it makes it really hard to move someone on.

Imagine you're Wan Bissaka. You're at one of the biggest clubs in the World, a chance you wont get again.

We're in this shit because of our previous regime. I don't know if you can insert something into contracts to avoid this in the future, but this wont be the last time I imagine. Why wouldn't McTominay or Casemiro do it too?

Best thing with Wan Bissaka will probably be to keep an agreement with West Ham, then sign the Bayern right-back. Then throw Wan Bissaka with the reserves and tell him he doesn't play to force his move.

Like Maguire he's going nowhere because he'll never see the kind of money he's getting at United again. I think he's a better player than Mazraoui anyway so I'm not bothered.
Same (when Wan Bissaka is focused).

And I even think current Maguire is as good as De Ligt or better too.

Sideways moves imo, but the reasoning is that you gotta try something to make the ship go in a better direction I suppose.

Ten Hag been let down yet again in the transfer market. Squad is worse than last year's. Have Ineos bit off more than they can chew by investing in a rotting corpse of a football club?
Eric Ten Hag has bought or loaned 18 (or more) players. That's almost an entire squad.

The truth is, it also worked out for us! As much as I dislike these types of negotiations, the player does have a point - the problem is, it makes it really hard to move someone on.

Imagine you're Wan Bissaka. You're at one of the biggest clubs in the World, a chance you wont get again.

We're in this shit because of our previous regime. I don't know if you can insert something into contracts to avoid this in the future, but this wont be the last time I imagine. Why wouldn't McTominay or Casemiro do it too?

Best thing with Wan Bissaka will probably be to keep an agreement with West Ham, then sign the Bayern right-back. Then throw Wan Bissaka with the reserves and tell him he doesn't play to force his move.
We are not ruthless like that. Wish we would do a Juve & tell a bunch of unwanted players they need to find new clubs. Instead, we took them on tour & our manager told everyone about their importance.

For some it could be a good negotiation tactic, for us it means these guys are going to stay here till the end of their contracts.

I really thought this new regime would be pretty aggressive. So disappointed. They’ve been so naive in thinking clubs would pay out for these absolute dud players.

It is your expectations which need readjusted.

Did you really think players like AWB would be so easy to shift?

Ineos have not 'expected' clubs to do anything, they've done all they possibly can, but the Woodwardian legacy, like the Tory's, will take an age to shift.

We are not ruthless like that. Wish we would do a Juve & tell a bunch of unwanted players they need to find new clubs. Instead, we took them on tour & our manager told everyone about their importance.

For some it could be a good negotiation tactic, for us it means these guys are going to stay here till the end of their contracts.
It's also early days to tell if it'll work for Juve or any other club who does this, isn't it? With Gallagher, Chelsea already had others to take over from him.

Who knows, it could be a worse trade if Juventus back up their words with actions and let a player to rot in the reserves for half a year - then fewer clubs will want the player, the player will be worse.

All in all, the total value could go down a lot. If you then take the player back up from the reserves, you'll then show the other players that your threat was just an empty threat.

I'm just not completely sold on threatening a player with no football, if you got nothing better available already.

Edit: Imagine we did this with Casemiro. So much money just sitting in the reserves, and he'd probably would want to just cash in like that instead of going to Saudi Arabia and getting a similar wage.

It's also early days to tell if it'll work for Juve or any other club who does this, isn't it? With Gallagher, Chelsea already had others to take over from him.

Who knows, it could be a worse trade if Juventus back up their words with actions and let a player to rot in the reserves for half a year - then fewer clubs will want the player, the player will be worse.

All in all, the total value could go down a lot. If you then take the player back up from the reserves, you'll then show the other players that your threat was just an empty threat.

I'm just not completely sold on threatening a player with no footbal, if you got nothing better available already.

They did it with players like Chiesa whose walking away on a free next summer. Juve can't care less about the player's price at that point.

What it does is cripple the player career. People in football has very short memories and being out of favor for a long time is dangerous especially for a player without a job. Just ask DDG who went from golden glove to someone no one wants in a less then a year

Excluded the players they didn’t want, told them to find another club as no longer part of the project.
And if they didnt find a new club you think they wouldnt include them in the team after that?
Even if you let him rot in the reserves which clubs rarely do you still have to pay him and cant make clubs go in for him if there isnt any.

They did it with players like Chiesa whose walking away on a free next summer. Juve can't care less about the player's price at that point.

What it does is cripple the player career. People in football has very short memories and being out of favor for a long time is dangerous especially for a player without a job. Just ask DDG who went from golden glove to someone no one wants in a less then a year
Yeah I'd understand it more with a guy like Chiesa with one year left. He hasn't been sold yet, mind you, but maybe it does make sense with Wan Bissaka who's also 26.

It's still a bit stupid if you don't have a better replacement or just 1 or no suitors at all. With Chiesa, I think he'll have more suitors - but to some extend their move might also just drive his price down if there's few or one suitor.

Really depends on the player, the contract/wage and the suitors. Hard to do this with all type of players.

Edit: Didn't Arsenal do this with Mesut Özil only to see his contract run out and terminating his contract somehow? Seemed like a loss for all parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.