Vinicius Junior

feck I've been exposed. Fair play. If I was a mod I'd promote you in an instant
:lol: promise I didn't go looking! It just happened that I had a quick look in the thread that @Lay linked on here to have a look at some gems!

To be fair to you, Vinicius was a laughing stock at the time, and you'd be ridiculed if you said he was going to be the world's best player one day.

I think we can mark down tonight as the night he truly became the best player in the world, and will be for a few years. Mbappe is wishing he was back home, don't tell me he's thrilled to be the 2nd best player on the team, which he clearly is.
That would be Courtois in my opinion.

It's a early stages Champions League game in a bloated group stage, maybe wait until the end of the season to see where they are. It is also Mbappé moving into an established winning team and trying to make his mark, will take time. And Mbappé has been way better for France than Vini has been for Brazil.

Mbappe is all about goals but IMO he never had the impact on a game Vinicius regularly has. The guy is an absolute nightmare to defend against in one on ones and it feels as if he's even quicker than Mbappe for the first few steps. IMO, Mbappe hasn't developed as well as many expected and it was papered over by being the target player in a team that dominated its domestic league. He has yet to reach the level Neymae had at the time he joined PSG and Vinicius is pretty close to that now.

That being said, I think Mbappe was decent against Dortmund.

Mbappe is all about goals but IMO he never had the impact on a game Vinicius regularly has. The guy is an absolute nightmare to defend against in one on ones and it feels as if he's even quicker than Mbappe for the first few steps. IMO, Mbappe hasn't developed as well as many expected and it was papered over by being the target player in a team that dominated its domestic league. He has yet to reach the level Neymae had at the time he joined PSG and Vinicius is pretty close to that now.

Vinicius is definitely quicker and more agile on the first 5-10 yards, but Mbappe has a higher top speed and is a more powerful runner. It will be interesting to see how Mbappe develops at RM, but currently, Vinicius is both better and more exciting to watch.

Vinicius is definitely quicker and more agile on the first 5-10 yards, but Mbappe has a higher top speed and is a more powerful runner. It will be interesting to see how Mbappe develops at RM, but currently, Vinicius is both better and more exciting to watch.
Considering this it could be that Vinicius proves to be the better player when Real can be dominant (which should be most matches) but Mbappe could be more decisive when Real has to sit back more. We will see.

If I were to build a team i would pick Vini over Mbappé. This sining made no sense for either Real or Mbappe. I hope it implodes spectacularly. : popcorn gif:

If I were to build a team i would pick Vini over Mbappé. This sining made no sense for either Real or Mbappe. I hope it implodes spectacularly. : popcorn gif:

Yeah, it was always going to be difficult to get the best out of both players in one line up. It reminds me a bit of Griezmann at Barca - clearly a world class player but it was foreseeable that he would struggle with Messi in the same team. Mbappe probably has to become a more classic striker now - ironically, he didn't want to play as a single striker for both PSG and France.

Gotta agree with that. Mbappe was a bit Viniesque at Monaco and first seasons with PSG, he was scoring goals but was a serious problem for defenses with relentless running.

Yeah, it was always going to be difficult to get the best out of both players in one line up. It reminds me a bit of Griezmann at Barca - clearly a world class player but it was foreseeable that he would struggle with Messi in the same team. Mbappe probably has to become a more classic striker now - ironically, he didn't want to play as a single striker for both PSG and France.
Now imagine them putting Davies behind Vini and Mbappe on the LW. :lol:

Mbappe’s biggest mistake was not joining Madrid in 2021 or even 2022. Just goes to show you can rarely eat your cake and have it. At that time, Vini hadn’t fully established himself as a top player yet and Mbappe’s stock was considerably higher. He would’ve likely been given free reign of that LW by Perez. Now it’s fully ‘Vini’s team.” If Mbappe moved back then, I guess we wouldn’t have gotten to see the exhilarating player Vini would become.

It’s a peculiar situation for both Mbappe and Madrid and it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I find it hard to believe that he’ll accept a secondary…almost sidekick role at the club. Something has to give.

Mbappe’s biggest mistake was not joining Madrid in 2021 or even 2022. Just goes to show you can rarely eat your cake and have it. At that time, Vini hadn’t fully established himself as a top player yet and Mbappe’s stock was considerably higher. He would’ve likely been given free reign of that LW by Perez. Now it’s fully ‘Vini’s team.” If Mbappe moved back then, I guess we wouldn’t have gotten to see the exhilarating player Vini would become.

It’s a peculiar situation for both Mbappe and Madrid and it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I find it hard to believe that he’ll accept a secondary…almost sidekick role at the club. Something has to give.
I mean, I don't like the guy, but I would gladly accept Vini at my club... :angel:

He was brilliant last night, relentless running, combined with skill and composure. Love that little hip swivel for the third goal, so simple yet so effective. He's quite unpredictable but always seems like he's in control and knows exactly what he wants to do.

Mbappe won't be playing off the left anytime soon.

He was brilliant last night, relentless running, combined with skill and composure. Love that little hip swivel for the third goal, so simple yet so effective. He's quite unpredictable but always seems like he's in control and knows exactly what he wants to do.

Mbappe won't be playing off the left anytime soon.
When a player can go on the left and right during his dribbling, it makes it a nightmare for defenders

Now imagine them putting Davies behind Vini and Mbappe on the LW. :lol:
And add Trent RB on the other side.

Just the pure amount of talent on the pitch + their insane Faustian deal with the devil-tier luck will somehow see them still win late stage CL matches they’re massively unbalanced in

He really is a joy to watch.

The most box office player in the World? (I only see him in the Champions League)

Finally saw the highlights

Who was the person saying in RedCafe that Di Maria was better?

Di Maria was of course very good, but man, this is another level.

It isn't, you're doing Di Maria a huge disservice. Historically great player

The discussions after a mercurial or a terrible performance from a great player in a big game(which obtained that status much because of the specific context) are always over the top, apparently. Impressive how some Real Madrid fans are following the same wave, since one would expect them to watch their team more regularly.

Also, it seems that Borussia really appreciate Vinícius, because it's rare to see a team help so much an opponent to fare.

Prime Di Maria, you say? Because that doesn't sound like an absurd to me.

At his time, Real, Barcelona and Bayern were the true contenders for big things, and those teams had just Messi, Neymar, CR7, prime Bale, Robben, Ribery as their wingers(and Di Maria shared the field with many of them, wearing the same kit). Can see the contrast with the current period?

Your great performances don't look as impressive when you have other guys doing that regularly, some of them more frequently and with more artistry than you.

Vini's biggest "issue" is his lack of regularity during a season, or even within the same match (it's mostly some lack of end product, as an example sometimes for 60 minutes he fvcks many plays, but suddenly one goes in and is scoring galore). This last game, is an example of it, of his Ying and Yang.
The first half he almost fvcked up every play, the second half he pull out almost everything.

The thing with him it's that it looks by now that he would be a player of moments, of improvisation, a bit sellfish at times, but absolutely capable of disrupting a game with his confidence in his talent and pace and also even when things doesn't go his way, HE STILL TRIES, because in the first half he was mostly thick, but went time and again and offered himself time and again and it paid handsomely in the second half.

PD: regarding the Di Maria comparison, dunno why he was brought here. Vini is an scoring winger, second forward...Fideo was a pure winger, mostly creating, assisting with quite some goals in him, that played also as "reckless" :lol: mediapunta if required.
Both share an style of sometimes play with a basket cube over their heads, or daring too much, but I love that street wise confident and improvisation. It's like old time wingers personality, very street wise, less tactical, less Pro, that makes them so disrupting. While at the same time both play with lots of solidarity in terms of offering themselves and sometimes pressing and even marking. Of course scoring wingers like Vini, with already some great clutch CLs moments, will have more accolades or an easier path for a bigger consideration, yet in terms of skills, ability, dribbling etc...Di Maria ain't el Piojo loez, he was and still is quite a phenom in those areas.

Last edited:
Vini's biggest "issue" is his lack of regularity during a season, or even within the same match (it's mostly some lack of end product, as an example sometimes for 60 minutes he fvcks many plays, but suddenly one goes in and is scoring galore). This last game, is an example of it, of his Yinga and Yang.
The first half he almost fvcked up every play, the second half he pull out almost everything.
In yesterday's case, I think it was more on Dortmund; they just gave him acres of space in the second half; that was one of the worst defending I've seen in my life, and that when they were winning by two goals.

Vinícius has Neymar's lightness and rhythm changing, but there's a clear difference in close control; I mean, levels apart. He doesn't do much regarding dribbling without space.

Before everyone starts to crown Vini, we have to also take into consideration he is very poor for Brazil, while Mbappe is all time great level for France.

He's really not.

He really is, he had one of the all time great final performances a few years ago, add that to his better than one in two record for France, top scorer award, World Cup win and also a runner up award where he was incredible again, and you got an all time French great.

He really is, he had one of the all time great final performances a few years ago, add that to his better than one in two record for France, top scorer award, World Cup win and also a runner up award where he was incredible again, and you got an all time French great.

He was poor for 80 minutes then scored a hat-trick with two penalties. I agree that he's already a French all-time great though. Top 10 definitely.

He was poor for 80 minutes then scored a hat-trick with two penalties. I agree that he's already a French all-time great though. Top 10 definitely.

I'll give you that in the Final his perfomance was more related to great timing and a couple of great actions with great composure in penalties (BTW like if it is an easy feat scoring a penalty in a WC final) than an excellent all around display, in fact he was very close to have one of the worse finals ever for a player arriving at it with ubber expectations.
I'll give you also that in WC22 he was more effective and having certain moments that helped France (a lot) to reach that final, while Grizzie was stellar the whole Cup bar the Final...YET, the fact it's that he helped in crucial situations to achieve that final and that he had some excellent plays
That only gains him a Top consideration regarding his contribution for the French NT.

....and when we ADD his WC18, specially the game against Argentina (that was better than anything he did in the WC22), just for that game and winning later the whole thing. he OBJECTIVLY deserves to be one of the most important players ever for the French NT, it's a simple as that, his mere numbers also speak loud about that.

If I preffer him above Platini? nope, not even near, but nothing can take away from Mbappe that he contributed a lot for France to be champs and sub champs in two consecutive WCs, not an easy feat at all.

Few would have expected him to win the balon Dor before Mbappe but here with are (probably). He’s a fun player - a winger with that pace and skill is a real joy to watch.