Vidic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magnificent.

The clearance from their first corner set the tone, dominated everything in the air and it's so assuring knowing he's playing and going to win aerial battles.

Loved that block in the first half and the way he pushed Jones head away while grabbing toward the ball and fully concentrated on the ball only, not taking eyes from it :D

True captain performance today!

He should LCB! Supreme performance.

Was a monster today, literally won every header, duel and tackle.

He's back!!!

Absolutely brilliant. Singlehandedly takes our defence up a full notch when he's playing like this.

Another beastly performance. The signs were there after West Brom home game.

Vidic was my motm today.

His physical domination has been sorely missed during long stretches of this season.

With a well-organized team around him and Jones taking on Fellaini, Vidic was free to just dominate the penalty area.

There was a corner kick around the 90th min.Fellaini was close to heading it but who outjumped him ? Nemanja Vidic, it was amazing to see because it was the typical header Fellaini always manages to get a touch of

We've conceded 12 in 13 with Vidic in the side all season, without him it's 33 in 23.

Vidic is so important for our aerial presence at the back, it's really apparent how much we have improved in this regard since his return.

Agreed. He has restored the defensive stability that we seemed to lack earlier in the season since his return. Vidic's aerial prowess has played an instrumental part in our recent solid defensive performances reflected by multiple clean sheets. He had an excellent game today, confidently winning virtually all of his aerial duels in the process.

Absolutely bossed the everton strikers. Made anichebe look like a baby deer taking his first steps into the world.

The great thing is that De Gea and Evans benefit from his precense too. Both played flawless performances and its no coincidence that Vidic was partnering them.

He's still the best defender in Europe. Move aside Kompany, the king is back!

Comfortably his best display since returning from injury.

Gives me hope that if he keeps his fitness he could be back to his consistent best next season.

When fit and on form he's easily the best centre back in the world. I'm delighted he played today because this was just the sort of match he's built for. No one beats him in the air.

When fit and on form he's easily the best centre back in the world. I'm delighted he played today because this was just the sort of match he's built for. No one beats him in the air.

Now that the big names in defence for the Spanish giants are looking increasingly dodgy, I'd say he is. But 'easily' is a bit harsh on the likes of Thiago Silva and Hummels.

Great performance from him. He really is a beast in the air. Plus the way the throws himself in the way of shots helps inspire the rest of the team. Really leads the way by example.

He came back to his form at the most important moment. Bring all Madrid strikers to him and he will teach them a lesson!

Just watching the game again and he was unbelievable. An absolute rock.

If he's up to it, Rio and Vidic should be our defence for the Madrid game

If they both manage to play on song, with Vidic playing like today and Rio with what he's consistently shown this season, it'll throw us back to a few years ago and remind us why they were arguably one of the best CB pairings of the last decade.

article-0-178F777C000005DC-669_634x434.jpg

No offense to Evans, who was brilliant tonight but I want Vidic and Rio to start the 2nd leg barring any injury worries.

No injury, SAF said 2 games in 3 days especially after the state of the OT pitch was too much.

The commentator said something about him not being the same player physically anymore and that's why we need to manage his games, is that just in the short term or will it be a case of him not playing back to back games very often from now on?

Should play the second leg. He should hopefully reduce the threat Ronaldo gave in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.