Vidic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The commentator said something about him not being the same player physically anymore and that's why we need to manage his games, is that just in the short term or will it be a case of him not playing back to back games very often from now on?

Bojan Djordic a former United player talked to Vidic before the Everton game and Vidic said he is still not 100% and he expects to be back in top condition at the start of next season. Knee injuries are among the worst to recover from so that makes sense but yeah he is in his 30ties now so playing 2 games in a week might not be possible anymore.

Fergie said he's managing both Rio and Vidic to enable them to play to their maximum, probably one game a week and to particularly play in the important games. I can see both of them starting the QPR game together next week

Yeah, I can't see Vidic turning into a one-a-week player, not yet anyway, until they can evaluate his situation in the summer and get him through a pre season. He's doing well now anyway.

Apart from when he went to sleep on their goal, he was a beast. Dominated everything in the air.

Start him at QPR and then rest him until Madrid.

Apart from when he went to sleep on their goal, he was a beast. Dominated everything in the air.

Start him at QPR and then rest him until Madrid.

I'd have to see it again but from what i could see was that Vidic had been pulled out to left back and Buttner had then gone to cover at center back only to go wandering and get the wrong side of Mcnauff.

How was the dumb commentator blaming Vidic here ?

Smalling and Valencia are too deep, and then Smalling makes a poor challenge followed by which Buttner goes across and makes a dud challenge.

He really is so dominant in the air, his timing of the jump is the best in the world at high balls IMO

How was the dumb commentator blaming Vidic here ?

Smalling and Valencia are too deep, and then Smalling makes a poor challenge followed by which Buttner goes across and makes a dud challenge.

It's all on Buttner that, got caught ball watching. Smalling has to drop deep or risk getting beaten in behind on the cross.

Why is smalling kicking with his right foot in a awkward position though even if he's caught deep ? Kick with your left and take out the reading player if you have too or give a corner.

Why is smalling kicking with his right foot in a awkward position though even if he's caught deep ? Kick with your left and take out the reading player if you have too or give a corner.

Smalling's footwork wasn't great but he still covered it well enough, Buttner fell asleep.

When he's in this form, he's the best centre back in the world.

i hope he will be able to play every game again, starting maybe by next season if his legs and fitness are okay.

iblq4p5ObLpZOL.gif

De Gea's reaction was awesome after that. He was like WTF how did he reach that and head that away so far ? Came from a dodgy free kick mariner gave them too.

Many other defenders would concede those type of goals and it would be harsh to blame them with the delivery and quality of Run/Header (Commie thought the keeper should come so deep) but he somehow reaches them going backwards too and not only that heads it towards the side and out of immediate danger.

When I first saw the goal I thought Vidic had pushed way too high up and then been slow to react, shortly after I realised who I thought was Vidic was actually Buttner and there was sod all Vidic could do :D

He's not even 100% yet and our defensive record has already massively improved since he came back.

Some might dissagree, but I think if he can get fully healthy he can once again reclame the title of "best defender in the world".
He's easily our #1, regardless of how much improvement Evans has shown, even if he's not exactly a speedy player, it doesn't mather who we're facing, with Vidič in the line-up I'm way more confident than without him.

Without Vidič our back 4 doesn't really fill me with confidence the past 2 seasons if I'm being honest, with him in it it's a whole different story.

I was at the Reading game, and Vidic was absolutely immense. He won pretty much every single header, barely put a foot wrong. He has such a great presence in the heart of the defence. He is such an important player for us, and we missed him dearly last season.

Agree with the fact he can reclaim the "best defender in the world" title, he's not that old and top defenders can do a great job right in to the middle of their 30s no problem.

Another solid performance.

Rest him now until Madrid.

I love it when he has some blood on his face and doesn't seem bothered with it, happens in every other match.

Commanding performance from him. Can't see how he won't be starting the madrid game along with Rio. No coincidence his return has seen us keep many more clean sheets. De Gea is benefiting from his influence as well.

Must be so tough selecting 2 out of the 3 right now.

Against Madrid it will depend on the type of line we want to hold.

People talking about Nani's return like its the banker for trophies (nothing against Nani, I just disagree because of what I'm about to say...), sorry but it's Vidic. Clean sheets are coming in, sloppy defending has disappeared and you've got someone shouting orders like his life depends on it.

If we had him at this time last season, we surely wouldn't have thrown it away. But putting the past to one side, words don't do justice to the impact he's had on the defence.

Vida will be vital to have against Madrid if we are going to cope with Ronaldo in the air.

He'll probably give them a real problem from the air with the way there defenders were defending corners in the first leg.

I still don't think he will start against Madrid.

We'll know next week. Either he starts against Norwich or he starts against Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.