Vidic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a good performance but did anyone else think that WBA played to his strengths. They kept on crossing the ball in the box and Vida is a monster at that. I was kinda surprised that they didn't have Odemwingie run at him.

It was a good performance but did anyone else think that WBA played to his strengths. They kept on crossing the ball in the box and Vida is a monster at that. I was kinda surprised that they didn't have Odemwingie run at him.

It's crosses our defense has struggled with this season and it cost us vs Norwich and Everton.

I don't get why people prefer Evans over Rio, sure he isn't the same player but he still usually turn it on in big games and should play vs Real with Vidic if he is fit.
I prefer Rio myself ..Evans just does not seem to have the 'Muscle'. Just seeing Rio's face can be intimidating

It's not so much that I prefer the Evans Vidic, partnership, but until Vidic is fully fit I'd rather see that than Vidic with Rio. If both of those are on top form then they are our automatic choices, but when either is at less than 100% I'd rather one partnered with the younger man.

There was an instance early in the game where Shane Long was about to outpace Vidic and run towards the goal for a chance but luckily Carrick came back to help him.Vidic got better as the match went on but boy was I happy that Carrick tracked Long's run :nervous:

The defenders have to look at the strikers playing against them first. Unless specifically instructed, I think it's the other players who have to mark anyone else who is coming into the box. In the first goal it was Evans and in the second it was Vidic, seeing the danger and leaving their player to try and cover Collins, but it was too late.

The defenders have to look at the strikers playing against them first. Unless specifically instructed, I think it's the other players who have to mark anyone else who is coming into the box. In the first goal it was Evans and in the second it was Vidic, seeing the danger and leaving their player to try and cover Collins, but it was too late.

true, you would think your best header would match up against their best but whos knows in open play like that. tbf they were excellent headers that left De Gea rooted

true, you would think your best header would match up against their best but whos knows in open play like that. tbf they were excellent headers that left De Gea rooted

It wasn't from open play as such, it was a return ball after a set-piece.

Poor marking and I thought the onus was on one of our midfielders to follow Collins back into the area and at least disturb him.

Vidic was poor though today, as he has been whenever he's played this season. Clearly rusty, as you'd expect.

It wasn't from open play as such, it was a return ball after a set-piece.

Poor marking and I thought the onus was on one of our midfielders to follow Collins back into the area and at least disturb him.

Vidic was poor though today, as he has been whenever he's played this season. Clearly rusty, as you'd expect.

really you thought Vidic poor? thought he was pretty good considering the numbers they attacked with and won a number of headers v Cole. Wasnt his best game but as you said with rust I thought it was pretty good. Then again I've been accused of being easily pleased :D

When your midfield includes Scholes, Cleverley, Kawaga and Rafael, disturb Collins is all you can do. Realistically, today's lineup was not the best for this type of match, though I understand why we rested those we did.

I didn't think Vidic was poor at all today. For the amount of high and long balls West Ham tried, we handled it quite alright. It was the lack of tall players in the entire team that was the cause for the fact West Ham scored twice, for me.

really you thought Vidic poor? thought he was pretty good considering the numbers they attacked with and won a number of headers v Cole. Wasnt his best game but as you said with rust I thought it was pretty good. Then again I've been accused of being easily pleased :D

I might be influenced by how enraged I was at him giving away a totally retarded foul that lead to their first goal - but yeah I thought his passing was shit and he was poor when challenged 1 v 1.

Looked really strong today. Granted Liverpool didn't do much for 70 odd mins but his aerial ability is what we've been lacking.

Glad to have him back. Hopefully the sub was just a precaution.

A bit worried about the substitution. He landed on his knee a little badly after that collision from the corner.

Any news on his knock?

Hopefully it's nothing serious, played well today and continues to improve each game.

Hope he's ok. We defended a lot better today when under pressure and even dealt with a good few highballs and set plays. Great to have him back alongside Rio.

Bugger, was worried when Vidic looked to be favoring his knee after the head clash. Really hope it isn't anything serious again

Of course, when it looks like we have a full squad, 2 others get injured. Let's hope it's a knock. Both can be rested against WH and then be ready for Spurs

Sincerely hope he is not injured, he looked quite good yesterday.

Probably nothing serious.
Fergie needs to start fielding a steady back 4 soon in order to get that defensive solidity we've been missing this season before facing Real.

Probably nothing serious.
Fergie needs to start fielding a steady back 4 soon in order to get that defensive solidity we've been missing this season before facing Real.

Can't see a steady back 4 any time soon considering that he'll want to play Rio as much as possible but, won't play him twice a week.

His knee is ok, he suffered concussion, is now back in training. Brilliant news!

Edit: News is on the official site and reported by Ben Hibbs, Mandy Henry etc. on Twitter

If it's a concussion then can see him missing at least this next week. I mean the man heads the ball or butts heads for a living, wouldn't be good to risk playing him too soon.

Good thing though is it's not weeks or months.

Could really do with him against Spurs. Hope he's alright by then.

Found this on a post on RoM

Speaking to MUTV today, Ferguson said: “Actually, Vida’s knee is okay. It was concussion.

“He had a little bit of concussion but he’s okay and fine. He trained yesterday and was good.

“There are no other serious knocks really. I think they’re all pretty good. Obviously, Young has got a dull knock, a little bit of a strain on the knee, but it’s nothing serious.

“I think he’ll be back next week. Maybe not for Tottenham but, the week after, he should be okay.”

If he is training then can expect him to be ready for Spurs. Which will be quite welcome.

That's been on the official site for a few hours.. Shame our official site is so shit that most people dont go there for any updates :lol:

Both Vida and Rio were very good on Sunday. Liverpool haven't had one successful cross the whole game.

Got the feeling he was rested against Fulham so he would be fresh to face Everton, in particular to combat Felliani and the general long ball game.

Got the feeling he was rested against Fulham so he would be fresh to face Everton, in particular to combat Felliani and the general long ball game.

probably, but I want him against Madrid at all costs.

We'll definitely need an in form Vidic against Felliani after what he did to us the last two times.

We'll definitely need an in form Vidic against Felliani after what he did to us the last two times.

Made such a huge difference to our ability to deal with Everton today. Brilliant brilliant defender.

Could have headed his way out of a high security prison today, absolute beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.