Vidic

Status
Not open for further replies.
People can question all they like about whether he can possibly return to pre injury form but the reality is the only difference at the minute is he isnt playing every game. when he plays hes been absolutely brilliant, the defending from before xmas against the likes of newcastle, southampton, tottenham etc seems like a distant memory.

the commentator today said that in our last 10 games, now 11, we have conceded 0 or 1 goals. no coincidence it has come at a time when our captain is back.

Since his return he's really frustrated me on the ball, especially when his option is to play back to De Gea. Everything else is fine, it is just too often that he has been taking the wrong option and putting us under a little pressure.

3 clean sheets back to back in the PL since he's gotten back to something near his best ?

Have we done it before this season ?

Since his return he's really frustrated me on the ball, especially when his option is to play back to De Gea. Everything else is fine, it is just too often that he has been taking the wrong option and putting us under a little pressure.

Yes, it's really starting to frustrate me how easily he just gives possession away.

The same with Smalling.

Holt and Norwich really troubled Rio and Smalling in the away game. But today against Vida could win like 2 headers whole game.

Yes, it's really starting to frustrate me how easily he just gives possession away.

The same with Smalling.

Thought he was fine today in that respect. Actually had a better pass percentage than even Evans even.

After a weeks rest, he played an easy 90 minutes today, could he make the Madrid game in 3 days?

Best defender in football for the last 7 years.
Good as Maldini, Baresi, Kohler and Stam....

Rio at his best was the perfect defender for modern football.

I wouldn't play Vidic against Madrid, just play the exact same line up as last time. Might be harsh on him but I don't see any need to change it up.

Rio at his best was the perfect defender for modern football.

I wouldn't play Vidic against Madrid, just play the exact same line up as last time. Might be harsh on him but I don't see any need to change it up.
Agreed on both counts. If things go well for both us and his knee, he'll surely play in later rounds. I don't think he'll be unhappy not being able to play against Madrid.

Agreed on both counts. If things go well for both us and his knee, he'll surely play in later rounds. I don't think he'll be unhappy not being able to play against Madrid.

Every top player will be unhappy if they dont play the big games. The word you are looking for is he will 'understanding' as to why United are being cautious with him since he is so important to us.

Outstanding again tonight, - I don't watch a lot of foreign football so I can't say much about other top CBs but he must surely be at least top 3, absolute beast of a player.

Happy he started 2 games in 3 days and finished both of them. Looking good for Vidic. Hopefully he can remain fit for the rest of the season.

Happy he started 2 games in 3 days and finished both of them. Looking good for Vidic. Hopefully he can remain fit for the rest of the season.
It was a pleasant surprise to see him starting. Good game from him as well. You just back him to kill all aerial threat when he is playing.

This man is so good, that when he puts in a faultless performance like today, where he wins absolutely everything in his vicinity, nobody bats an eyelid... because he's Nemanja Vidic, and we are used to him being this dominant in games like this.

Aye a rock at the back today except for when he tried to take De Gea out. Then he was a rock for the wrong reasons!

I liked it when he was bleeding and he seemed momentarily unsure as to whether he should go for treatment or not.

When he plays I feel we will not concede. Dominates everything in the air. Just a beast.

He was a boss today. We look so less likely to concede a goal in the league since he came back to his best.

Over 10 hours since we last conceded in the league, i think ?

He was a boss today. We look so less likely to concede a goal in the league since he came back to his best.

Over 10 hours since we last conceded in the league, i think ?

Yes, its over 10 hours which is fantastic.

Last league goal we conceded was against Southampton and not conceded a goal for 6 games now.

That makes it roughly 627 minutes (Excluding stoppage times) which is very impressive, especially if you consider the amount of goals we were leaking early on in the season.

He really is the best defender in the world. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we'd have been champions last year as well if Vidic had been fit for the run in. The kind of goals we conceded vs Everton in that 4-4 would have just never happened with him playing.

He really is the best defender in the world. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we'd have been champions last year as well if Vidic had been fit for the run in. The kind of goals we conceded vs Everton in that 4-4 would have just never happened with him playing.

This caftard, wr8_utd, sums it perfectly.

I'll only add it wasn't long ago some here posters questioned whethere Vidic still had balls of steel, suggesting that Evans was the better defender. The man not only has balls of steel, he's the top defender on the planet. The moment he came back around the holidays, we've been putting one clean sheet after another. There's no question in my mind that had he been able to report for duty at the end of last season we would not have conceded 4 goals to Everton and we would have refined our trophy.

His clean sheet record over the years is mental. Will go down as one of the truly great Premier League centre halves.

Obviously the one worry is whether today means he's not playing Monday.

I'd say we can be fairly certain he won't be playing on Monday given Sir Alex said he's still not really ready to play a game on Wednesday and another on Sat/Sun.

Had to feel for De Gea when he and Vidic face-planted into each other. That's gotta hurt.

Not to make "something out of nothing" but do Vidic and DDG not get along? After the collision i couldn't see them check if each other was ok. Plus there was the whole "he's not staring at him because he fancies him" quote after a miscommunication on a cross

perhaps just the intensity Vidic plays with

I'd say we can be fairly certain he won't be playing on Monday given Sir Alex said he's still not really ready to play a game on Wednesday and another on Sat/Sun.

Didn't he do that against Madrid and Norwich ?

Not to make "something out of nothing" but do Vidic and DDG not get along? After the collision i couldn't see them check if each other was ok. Plus there was the whole "he's not staring at him because he fancies him" quote after a miscommunication on a cross

perhaps just the intensity Vidic plays with

They haven't played enough together. The understanding will come with time.

This man is so good, that when he puts in a faultless performance like today, where he wins absolutely everything in his vicinity, nobody bats an eyelid... because he's Nemanja Vidic, and we are used to him being this dominant in games like this.
Sums it up well. It is expected now that he puts in these types of performances that no one even bats an eyelid after each one. The man is a beast at the back

Nemanja Vidic has the highest win percentage (71.37%) of any United player in history who has made more than 60 appearances for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.