Vidic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, i am starting to think it is more than just about plain luck. It happens every season.

Shit! Just bollocks and more shit!

Can't we catch a break? Smalling and Jones can't get fit quick enough. Rio and Evans really are the last men standing now. In the meanwhile we just have to find a way to cope. I wouldn't even be surprised to see us deploy Carrick there just to protect one of them.

So now we have to pray that Rio Ferdinand will stay fit for weeks. Just great.

And of course Terry retired from England. At the perfect moment. I am absolutely certain now that Hodgson will call up Rio and he will pick up an injury on England duty. And Anderson will probably eat Evans.
:lol:

I'm suspecting our medical staff actually are the missing SS "doctors" from various Nazi concentration camps, judging by all the mysterious shit that
goes down at Carrington.

There's no way we should play either Evans or Rio against Newcastle now.

Our players are proving to have longer careers than most. Perhaps this is because utd choose to operate whilst other clubs would leave the relatively minor injury and expect the player to play through it?

Christ on a bike, came home from work a couple of hours ago and my son told me,can't frigging believe it.Have to wrap Evans and Rio in bubblewrap between games now.Ridiculous amount of injuries we get.

Not good news at all. Seems we are destined to have half our defenders injured at all times. Hopefully Evans can stay injury free and Rios little niggles from the last game don't develop into anything. Otherwise its back to having Carrick at CB again :(

Smalling and Jones will hopefully be back soon to ease the pressure a bit.

i warned that he was a complete question mark coming off major knee surgery. that combined with rio, who's age and bad back, possibly made center back a bigger problem than center mid. better hope evans can stay fit. january can't get here soon enough.

Huge huge blow. Even when he comes back 2 or 3 months in time he'll take some time to get back to his best. So it's probably 4 months till we see the best of him, if we actually do. That's a lot of time without your best defender. Now, I just hope he actually does get back to his best.

This is joke, right?

As ever, with our central defensive injury problems, it becomes a double whammy because we're an Evans or Ferdinand injury away from shifting our holding midfielder into emergency action, thereby weakening an already anaemic midfield.

When Vidic injured his knee one Dr said he damaged three of his ligaments but the only official news was that he had an ACL reconstruction.

In most cases when you twist your knee you suffer acl damage, mcl damage and meniscus damage.

At the time of his initial surgery his acl would have been reconstructed and in most cases the mcl can repair itself as it has a good blood supply. They may have done some debridement to the meniscus or left some partially damaged meniscus in to see if it may settle down and heal itself.

What I can't fathom is why Vidic lost a significant amount of weight. In most cases you tend to put on weight as you are exercising less whilst injured but then you work this off as you increase the intensity of your rehab.

Did he have an illness during his rehab? If so this could have affected his repair. There is also the possibility that the ACL repair has not been as effective in bringing back a functional mechanics of his knee.

The best case scenario is that it was unrelated to his prior injury but unless we know usually prior injuries are a good starting point to look where the problem lies.

When Vidic injured his knee one Dr said he damaged three of his ligaments but the only official news was that he had an ACL reconstruction.

In most cases when you twist your knee you suffer acl damage, mcl damage and meniscus damage.

At the time of his initial surgery his acl would have been reconstructed and in most cases the mcl can repair itself as it has a good blood supply. They may have done some debridement to the meniscus or left some partially damaged meniscus in to see if it may settle down and heal itself.

What I can't fathom is why Vidic lost a significant amount of weight. In most cases you tend to put on weight as you are exercising less whilst injured but then you work this off as you increase the intensity of your rehab.
Did he have an illness during his rehab? If so this could have affected his repair. There is also the possibility that the ACL repair has not been as effective in bringing back a functional mechanics of his knee.

The best case scenario is that it was unrelated to his prior injury but unless we know usually prior injuries are a good starting point to look where the problem lies.

I'm speculating here but theres a good chance his carb intake was significantly reduced when he was out of action. Some players (Mido was one) find it easier to lose weight during the summer than during the season. He should go round to Ando and Rooneys for a few feeds.

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted he never felt Nemanja Vidic had recovered full fitness after his cruciate ligament injury.

The Manchester United skipper attempted his comeback in pre-season after snapping his ligaments in Basle last December. But just four games into the Premier League campaign, the Serbian has been forced to go under the knife again for further surgery that will keep him out for two more months.

It is a grievous blow to United, who are already without Chris Smalling and Phil Jones and are left with just two fit senior central defenders, but Ferguson is not entirely surprised at the turn of events and he said: "I don't think he was ever 100%. I noticed a couple of times in training that he was limping a little bit. Then he started feeling tightness in his knee."

He added: "He wanted to carry on and in that situation that is what tough guys can do.

"Obviously the main operation was to correct the cruciate but when you do cruciates there is always the danger that the cartilage or meniscus is damaged also and that was the case."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/s.../ferguson-makes-vidic-admission-16217741.html

Realistically we are going to have to promote one of the youngsters and use them in some of the games against lesser sides. It's either that or use Evans-Ferdinand in every single game for 90 minutes until one of Vidic / Smalling / Jones comes back

Smalling is probably already back in training. Jones should be back in 20 days.
We have 3-4 games till then. It's do-able.

Might rest Rio in Europe.. Dont want to, but might have to.

"I don't think he was ever 100%. I noticed a couple of times in training that he was limping a little bit. Then he started feeling tightness in his knee."

I don't know what to think about this...

Buck stops with SAF I guess. Up to the Wigan game we had no other CB fit.

Well for Everton/Fulham we would have had Carrick and Wootton at CB. Southampton had Rio coming back but we saw how much we struggled defensively there and Wootton would have got cooked. Wigan and Galatasaray could have had Evans and Rio playing instead respectively. I don't know what timescale SAF is putting on the limping either, it's very frustrating though that our injuries are now causing more injuries. SAF pointedly said he wouldn't rush players back from injuries this season, so I'm not sure what has quite gone on here.

So he was limping in training and then suffering tightness in his knee, yet we continued to play him. What do our medical team actually do

That's not just down to the medical team. From the sounds of it he was rushed back and played earlier than he should have been. I know they wanted him back but it would have been better to wait - even with our defensive crisis. Problem is - as ArmchairCritic said - we don't know when the limping in training supposedly started. He could have been fine in preseason for all we know.

I thought they would have learned after what happened with Anderson last season.

Think it's fair to say, with the benefit of hindsight, the management and staff have handled this badly.

So I was right after all, we can blame our medical team for another injury.
Plus, Fergie and Vidic can also be blamed, since they knew and didn't too anything to prevent it.

Call me crazy but the Italian league might suit him better after his injuries last season. The pace of the game in the PL would be a toll on his knees. He could extend his career further by playing in a league where the pace is relatively lesser.

Call me crazy but the Italian league might suit him better after his injuries last season. The pace of the game in the PL would be a toll on his knees. He could extend his career further by playing in a league where the pace is relatively lesser.

Fergie cashed in on Stam when he had come back from a serious injury and he thought he'd lost a yard of pace.

I hope he doesn't make the same mistake with Vidic.

Fergie cashed in on Stam when he had come back from a serious injury and he thought he'd lost a yard of pace.

I hope he doesn't make the same mistake with Vidic.

Wasn't it more about the book and the money we were getting for him?

Vidic's injury.....at his age....not going to say anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.