Vidic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a weak analogy in all honesty. The medical and fitness staff are also responsible for injury prevention, it is entirely possible that somewhere along the line, someone is failing to perform on that side of things.

How it is a weak analogy, sometimes things happen out of the control of your hands. The medical staff can only do so much, if Scholes dives into a challenge a fecks your knee up how can you blame the medical staff? We don't know admittedly what has happened but to place it at the door of the medical staff is just lazy.

Just checked the Smalling thread. On 21st July the club said he would be out for 10 weeks. That takes us to the end of this week. So hopefully he will be back very soon. Thankfully we have another two week international break in a few weeks time.

Not a knee-jerk but we need to buy a young central defender(along with the obvious central mid) next summer.

We cannot rely on Rio and Vidic at this age and Jones is not going to be good enough at CB.

Evans and Smalling?

We're just awfully unlucky.

How it is a weak analogy, sometimes things happen out of the control of your hands. The medical staff can only do so much, if Scholes dives into a challenge a fecks your knee up how can blame the medical staff? We don't know admittedly what has happened but to place it at the door of the medical staff is just lazy.

It is a weak analogy because: your relationship with your GP and his duty towards you is entirely different to the relationship between the medical staff at Manchester United and the players.

Of course there are injuries that are unpreventable, but when you have the worst injury record in the division, despite being one of the richest clubs, questions are rightly going to be asked.

That's a new one though, players get injured and it's down to the medical team. I don't get a cold and blame the Doctor do I?

Of course they are first to blame, it's the same injury, obviously it wasn't healed properly. No one tackled him or something like that.

It is a weak analogy because: your relationship with your GP and his duty towards you is entirely different to the relationship between the medical staff at Manchester United and the players.

Of course there are injuries that are unpreventable, but when you have the worst injury record in the division, despite being one of the richest clubs, questions are rightly going to be asked.

It was a rushed analogy admittedly, the GP can influence illness prevention but if you genuinely have no symptoms at the time there is nothing they can do. If there was any issue with the medical staff I am sure we'd have dealt with it by now considering these injury problems have seemingly been present since 06-07.

Anyway that new medical centre is on the way at Carrington so it should help us.

Not a knee-jerk but we need to buy a young central defender(along with the obvious central mid) next summer.

We cannot rely on Rio and Vidic at this age and Jones is not going to be good enough at CB.

He'll be good enough to be back up to Evans and Smalling at the least.

Of course they are first to blame, it's the same injury, obviously it wasn't healed properly. No one tackled him or something like that.

It's not the same injury. The last injury was a ruptured cruciate ligament. Vidic was back running at the end of last season so he wasn't rushed back.

So we are only one Rio injury away from Carrick at CB,just great. Just fecking great.

I'll be a man about it ... and break down crying like a baby .... waaaahhhhhhhhhhh its not fair.

Smalling should be back soon. He was reportedly out for 10 weeks on July 21. That 10 weeks is up on Sat in theory.

It's not the same injury. The last injury was a ruptured cruciate ligament. Vidic was back running at the end of last season so he wasn't rushed back.

Sorry, my fault. After I saw it's the same knee, I thought it's the same injury too.

Sigh.... And so it continue :rolleyes:
It's getting to the point of being really weird now, I mean, one season, two even, but we seem to have this every year for the past four or five ?

Shit news... though, it's pretty fecking depressing when you're thankfully it's only a 2 month inury and not the whole season (...yet!)

Beautiful... Just beautiful.

Looks like Carrick or maybe even Fletch will be occupied in a pure defensive tasks, through next month... I'm not sure if Fergie will decide to use Pat as backup for a central defender role, in case of emergency... and I'm not really sure if M. Keane, Wooton or Vesseli are ready step up to upcoming games.

Always the hard way. The logical solution will propably be to score lots of goals and hope that this defense will hold.

Anyway that new medical centre is on the way at Carrington so it should help us.

I hope so.

Interestingly, there was an article in an Italian newspaper about the famed A C Milan medical centre, detailing how they actually had the worst injury record in Serie A for a number of years!

Remember when we had a backline of De Laet, Carrick and Flecther against Fulham. Chirst that was bad.

feck off

35onan.jpg

It'd be great if we could have him back and match fit for the City game in December... which should happen if the 8 week period is accurate... though I'm not exactly hopefuly when it comes to injuries!

It's a blow, no doubt, but its good to see us handling it properly and catching it early and treating it quickly. Problems like this can be serious if not picked up and it's 8+months out rather than weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.