Vidic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smalling is back in training this week.. Someone had to go out injured to make way.

Full statement

Vidic out for two months

Manchester United has issued the following statement regarding club captain Nemanja Vidic:

"Nemanja Vidic has had a meniscus operation on his right knee and will be out for around eight weeks.

"Sir Alex, as a precautionary measure, rested Vidic at the weekend, after he complained of tightness in his knee, however, further medical investigation revealed the underlying problem.

"The central defender was operated on this week and will be sidelined for about eight weeks."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...d-out-for-eight-weeks-after-knee-surgery.aspx

Which knee was it last time, left? I guess he can focus on putting some weight back on as he has looked quite skinny since he came back, massive blow.

EDIT: Same knee as last time, fecker shits.

2 league games in the next 25 days. If Rio and Evans dont get injured, we might make it for now.
Then Smalling and Jones should* be back.

Oh well..

Ahead of you

The medical staff have some explaining to do.. what the hell is going on?

I've heard some complaints on here about our medical staff and to be fair you'd have to wonder why our players seem to get injured and a lot of the time it's not in the games that they get hurt.
is it the way they're training?

ffs!

feck it, knee injuries are probably the worst, and once again, our captain has problems with it. Hargreaves struggled for years , I hope it's not the same type of injury. Our medical team is really really awfull.

That's a new one though, players get injured and it's down to the medical team. I don't get a cold and blame the Doctor do I?

The medical team can't take the blame in my opinion. Maybe the players are getting pushed very hard in training? Maybe we're just unlucky as feck?

The medical team can't take the blame in my opinion. Maybe the players are getting pushed very hard in training? Maybe we're just unlucky as feck?

I reckon it's a bit of both, Foster was on about how intense training was and I remember Scholes taking out Tevez in pre-match training for the 2008 CL Final.

The Scholes tackle was fecking hilarious. They were doing one touch passing in a circle and Scholes just dove in a took Tevez out, I nearly shat myself watching it on Sky Sports News.

Lets perform an exorcism on the club, I am convinced we are haunted.

MAY THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPEL YOU, OH EVIL BEING!

Thing is last season we had Evans and Ferdinand who were great but we all couldn't wait for Vidic to come back, now he is back he is back out.

I know it's not a new one from our fans but the logic is entirely new to me.

A medical team is just as much involved in prevention as it is in treatment. Of course none of us can say for sure whether they have to shoulder any of the blame.

I know it's not a new one from our fans but the logic is entirely new to me.

It was a weak analogy in all honesty. The medical and fitness staff are also responsible for injury prevention, it is entirely possible that somewhere along the line, someone is failing to perform on that side of things.

A medical team is just as much involved in prevention as it is in treatment. Of course none of us can say for sure whether they are to blame. I myself don't think they are.

They aren't the ones who go out running or dive into challenges etc. I think this Vidic injury is just unfortunate, felt tightness in his knee and we looked at it and then said 'Ah, feck.'

Here's the plan, at 7pm UK time everyone come to the general, someone make a topic titled 'The exorcism of Manchester United' and post a picture of an African witchdoctor. We will all throw something into the camp fire and offer it as sacrifice, maybe this injury curse will end once and for all.

Not a knee-jerk but we need to buy a young central defender(along with the obvious central mid) next summer.

We cannot rely on Rio and Vidic at this age and Jones is not going to be good enough at CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.