Vidic

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems that he has lost some muscles and by that he doesn't have that usual physique presence.

Anyway I think that he will come back to his best form*

* By that I mean the best central defender in the world.

He seems that he has lost some muscles and by that he doesn't have that usual physique presence.

Anyway I think that he will come back to his best form*

* By that I mean the best central defender in the world.

Seems to have grown thinner, or perhaps its just my memory of him failing me.

Vidic has never been what I'd call muscular. For an example of a muscular CB see Sol Campbell.

He has definitely lost a lot of weight no debate about that, unusual though given he was out injured for so long could'nt run and players usually spend their time in the gym in those circumstances, its getting a bit of attention now, sure it will be addressed soon

The Vidic-De Gea partnership needs more playiing time together. Vidic needs to know when or not to cover for him on crosses or long balls., for example.

no, but he was never weedy looking either, which he is getting close to now.

(don't tell him I said that!! :nervous:)

He's probably smashed the cardio to try and get his fitness levels back after such a long lay off. I'd get him lifting heavy in the gym to build a bit of bulk.

Didn't play for Serbia - not even on the bench ... hope it's just because he's been out so long that others for now had earned a spot more and not something else.

Pretty sure he retired.

Shat myself when I saw this was bumped btw!

Thankfully, he'll have a lot of time before CL KO's, and points in the league at the business end of the season are worth far far more than the current ones

We can afford to somewhat carry him, until then, but hopefully he does came back to similar form pre-injury.

Hopefully, Carrick makes his job even easier by coming into some good form too.

We have a team that's now 3rd favourites (just) for the CL (after the groups were drawn). Having an on form Vidic to be the main man in defence for the next 4-5 years would be massive for us. Especially seeing the attacking and defensive talent we're nurturing (The only retiree will be Ferdinand by then).

With Rio's injury/age problems, having an unfit/injured Vidic to compound that will leave us severely weakened; Evans is good enough, but Smalling's still young and injury prone, a massive step down in terms of quality/experience.

Still looks a bit rusty. I think he needs to bulk up a bit because right now he looks quite thin and strikers seem to winning the physical battle against him which is something that never used to happen. I'm sure he'll be fine with games though.

Still looks a bit rusty. I think he needs to bulk up a bit because right now he looks quite thin and strikers seem to winning the physical battle against him which is something that never used to happen. I'm sure he'll be fine with games though.

Fairly sure he lost no physical battles today, was fine against Lambert too.

Much better today I thought, I'd still like to see him bulking up a tad more he's lost a little too much muscle whilst he was out. That should all be back on by the time Christmas comes around, he's coming along just fine.

Might have been my poor stream getting me muddled but he didn't seem that dominant in the air as he usually is.

Well sometimes that can be down to positioning which is influenced by fitness, Vida did get diddled by Di Santo on one move but other than that he looked better. He'll be back to his high standards before long.

You know the good thing about this whole thing is?
Vidič has been really solid (apart from 1 noticable mistake), and we're talking about him not really being in form, while we'd be raving about another player had he been playing like him currently. That to me just shows what a magnificent defender Vidič really is, I've no doubt he'll get better as he plays more games, we should have a pretty solid defense in a couple of weeks if all goes right.

Vidic obviously needs to shave his hair off until he can reach his full potential, he just doesn't look right with hair at all.

Nah, on a more serious note I don't think there is anything to worry about regarding his form, he's been out for a while and just needs games. The guy is immense and it won't be long before he is up to speed and leading our back line. I do agree on the bulking up though, I was only thinking the other day that he seems to have lost some weight.

TBF, Rio has been the superior defender of the two thus far. Vidic isn't as imposing in the air as he was before his injury, but I'm sure that will come. All things considered, he's probably in better form than I would have imagined.

Considering the length of time he was out for he hasn't really done much wrong since being back. So that's a credit to him. He still has his aggressiveness in the challenge, but the lack of bulk means more players have a chance to bully him physically.

He needs a haircut.

agree on those parts, needs to shave his head and bulk up a bit, until then his name will have to be "enough" to put fear in opponents' minds.

So........ what the feck?

Rested? Really?

Firstly, you don't know how his recuperation is going. Perhaps they both felt he needed a break. He had a lengthy lay-off and got thrown straight into the start of the season. He did come off early against Wigan in fairness.

Also, even if that isn't true, he has had a number of poor performances against Liverpool.

According to SAF, he felt tightness in his knee so we didn't risk him. Hopes that he'll be ok for Spurs.

Not convinced he was actually being 'rested' given we only have a League Cup match midweek. He hasn't looked his old self since coming back from injury yet.

Firstly, you don't know how his recuperation is going. Perhaps they both felt he needed a break. He had a lengthy lay-off and got thrown straight into the start of the season. He did come off early against Wigan in fairness.

Also, even if that isn't true, he has had a number of poor performances against Liverpool.

Yup, after such a long lay-off you have to be careful. Sure I might have seen him limping against Galatasaray.

Was pretty happy before the game when I saw that we were going with Evans and Rio today, Vidic is still struggling to get back to his best, hopefully he'll get there soon, it's still very early in his comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.