Vidic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the article in that link - :lol:

This is brand new information!

I hate the phrase of "will be like a new signing" but he will really be a massive boost since we lost him for most of last season. Although the likes of Evans and Smalling filled in very well, Vidic is one of the finest in his position in the world. Would love to see a long term partnership of Smalling and Vidic this season (Sorry Evans and Rio)

It's hilarious that there are some bellends on here saying we can't possibly compete with City, who haven't improved their squad at all (yet), whilst we've effectively added Kagawa and, y'know, the best CB in the world.

It's hilarious that there are some bellends on here saying we can't possibly compete with City, who haven't improved their squad at all (yet), whilst we've effectively added Kagawa and, y'know, the best CB in the world.

And a year more experienced DDG, Rafael, Smalling, Jones, Welbeck etc etc

He didn't travel with the team for the first friendly tour did he?

Fergie said during one of the South African pressers that Vidic was better off not traveling and doing his training at Carrington during the tour.

548204_10150972475197746_1537024368_n.jpg

Considering how close it was last season, I think it's fair to say his loss made the difference. Let's hope it's the old Vidic that comes back.

He looks green as. Dare I say lost a bit of weight as well. Won't take him long to get that back though. Glad he's back!!

He does look likes hes lost weight. I would have thought he might have put some on?

He does look likes hes lost weight. I would have thought he might have put some on?
A team-mate did his knee, was operated and out for around 5 months - he came back 10 kilos lighter, lost a lot of muscle. He did put it back on quite quickly, so I'm not too worried about Vidic.

Great to see him back. :devil:

Vidic as a true professional probably did cardio work as soon as he could. Contrast to someone like Anderson, who takes injury breaks as an opportunity to eat pies.

"Chill Out, I Got This."

Tour defence revealed

Sir Alex Ferguson has given the biggest hint yet of how Manchester United’s defence could look on the opening day of the new Barclays Premier League campaign.

The Reds travel to Everton on Monday 20 August to kick off the 2012/13 season, but it’s a game that will come too soon for injured centre-backs Chris Smalling (metatarsal) and Jonny Evans (ankle). Throw into the mix the fact that Fabio has been sent on a season-long loan to Queens Park Rangers and Sir Alex’s back four will almost pick itself.

The boss will find himself with a similar selection non-dilemma on the European leg of Manchester United’s pre-season tour, a three-game trip that begins in Oslo this Sunday with a match against Norwegian side Valerenga.

“Chris Smalling is out for 10 weeks with his metatarsal operation and Jonny Evans is still just in light training," Sir Alex said. "They’re big losses at the moment and they will miss the start of the season.

“Rafael is away [on international duty with Brazil at the Olympics] and Fabio is away on loan so there are four defensive players that we don’t have for the back four positions.

“We do have Phil Jones, Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand and Patrice Evra, though. That will be the back four on tour. Hopefully we don’t get any more injuries as it would leave me a bit short.”

News of Vidic’s return is particularly pleasing for United fans, who haven’t seen the Reds skipper in action since he injured cruciate knee ligaments against FC Basel on 7 December 2011.

The Serbian spent last month continuing his rehabilitation at Carrington while his team-mates travelled to South Africa and China on the first two stages of the DHL 2012 Tour. But the 30-year-old is now nearing full fitness and will fly out to Oslo with the European tour squad on Saturday afternoon.

Matches against Valerenga (Sunday 5 August) and Barcelona (Wednesday 8 August) are sold out, while limited tickets remain for the Reds’ final pre-season clash, against Hannover 96, on Saturday 11 August.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Tour2012Te...d-for-manchester-united-europe-tour-2012.aspx

"short" in defence? Well I never...

yeah i keep saying the same, plus De Gea will be better, rafa will be better, cleverley, anderson and scholes will be available

Matches against Valerenga (Sunday 5 August) and Barcelona (Wednesday 8 August) are sold out, while limited tickets remain for the Reds’ final pre-season clash, against Hannover 96, on Saturday 11 August.

Not, as I was offered tickets today by Vålerenga, only £160 per ticket.

Shouldn't Rafael be ready to start opening day of the season regardless of what happens in the Olympics? That'll give us some leeway. If not, an injury to Rio/Vidic and we're in trouble again.

Shouldn't Rafael be ready to start opening day of the season regardless of what happens in the Olympics? That'll give us some leeway. If not, an injury to Rio/Vidic and we're in trouble again.

Not to worry, Carrick back in defence. It's not like he's needed in midfield. Oh wait.

At least we only have 3 games, then a return to normality after the International break. We could be adding to our woes with a Community Shield or UEFA Super Cup like Chelsea are... Thank god I say.

In all seriousness at least we don't have to go through European Playoffs with these injuries.

Not to worry, Carrick back in defence. It's not like he's needed in midfield. Oh wait.

:lol:

Should be, in theory this is his "pre season", he has already had a holiday.

Would be amazed if he does not jump straight back into the club and start.

Tour defence revealed

Sir Alex Ferguson has given the biggest hint yet of how Manchester United’s defence could look on the opening day of the new Barclays Premier League campaign.

The Reds travel to Everton on Monday 20 August to kick off the 2012/13 season, but it’s a game that will come too soon for injured centre-backs Chris Smalling (metatarsal) and Jonny Evans (ankle). Throw into the mix the fact that Fabio has been sent on a season-long loan to Queens Park Rangers and Sir Alex’s back four will almost pick itself.

The boss will find himself with a similar selection non-dilemma on the European leg of Manchester United’s pre-season tour, a three-game trip that begins in Oslo this Sunday with a match against Norwegian side Valerenga.

“Chris Smalling is out for 10 weeks with his metatarsal operation and Jonny Evans is still just in light training," Sir Alex said. "They’re big losses at the moment and they will miss the start of the season.

“Rafael is away [on international duty with Brazil at the Olympics] and Fabio is away on loan so there are four defensive players that we don’t have for the back four positions.

“We do have Phil Jones, Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand and Patrice Evra, though. That will be the back four on tour. Hopefully we don’t get any more injuries as it would leave me a bit short.”

News of Vidic’s return is particularly pleasing for United fans, who haven’t seen the Reds skipper in action since he injured cruciate knee ligaments against FC Basel on 7 December 2011.

The Serbian spent last month continuing his rehabilitation at Carrington while his team-mates travelled to South Africa and China on the first two stages of the DHL 2012 Tour. But the 30-year-old is now nearing full fitness and will fly out to Oslo with the European tour squad on Saturday afternoon.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Tour2012Te...d-for-manchester-united-europe-tour-2012.aspx

Any time I read anything about our defence or injury woes I think how utterly retarded the Fabio loan seems. I just can't understand it at all. If he comes back having had a brilliant, injury free season with QPR then fair enough, but it just seems baffling that we're looking like we're going to be completely and utterly reliant on Evra again.

Evra's a fecking legend, to be honest. His form has dropped a lot, but is it surprising? I swear the only player that's played as much as he has that hasn't suffered a massive dip in form over the last few years is Xavi.

Anyway...great to hear that Vidic is back. 'New signing' and all that, but it really is like signing the best defender on the planet again.

Any time I read anything about our defence or injury woes I think how utterly retarded the Fabio loan seems. I just can't understand it at all. If he comes back having had a brilliant, injury free season with QPR then fair enough, but it just seems baffling that we're looking like we're going to be completely and utterly reliant on Evra again.

Evra's a fecking legend, to be honest. His form has dropped a lot, but is it surprising? I swear the only player that's played as much as he has that hasn't suffered a massive dip in form over the last few years is Xavi.

Anyway...great to hear that Vidic is back. 'New signing' and all that, but it really is like signing the best defender on the planet again.

I completely agree with this. Evra can't play every game, so who will rotate with him?

I completely agree with this. Evra can't play every game, so who will rotate with him?
At the moment, it looks like we'll have to play Evans or Rafael in some games there, with Jones / Smalling / Valencia coming in at Right Back from time to time.

I hope we sign a Left Back.

As for Vidic, I was expecting him to miss the Everton game, but it looks like he'll have to start it now with Ferdinand. If they can play the whole tour together then that will be awesome to have from the get-go in the Premier League.

Suppose there's still time for another signing (which again seems silly when that signing probably won't have the ability of Fabio), but if not we're looking at Evans I'm guessing. To be fair, I remember watching Evans at left back for Northern Ireland against the likes of Torres and Ibrahimovic, and he was absolutely quality. Perhaps this is Fergie's way of giving enough game time to Evans, Smalling and Jones with Vidic back. I don't know.

Still seems somewhat besides the point though. With Fabio on loan this still leaves us with one actual senior left back. I like the look of Blackett and think there's a good chance of him turning into a quality player, but he's not ready yet. The defensive side of his game needs a fair bit of work, no matter what quality he has on the ball.

We have a lot of wingers and if we sign Lucas, we'll have one more so Valencia at RB is something we just might see a lot considering we have a lot of injuries in defense throughout a season.

Can't wait to see Vidic on the Euro tour though. He was absolutely impregnable before his injury. That run of 1-0 wins and clean sheets at Swansea, Goodison and the rest just after the City defeat were games he was absolutely magnificent in.

We have a lot of wingers and if we sign Lucas, we'll have one more so Valencia at RB is something we just might see a lot considering we have a lot of injuries in defense throughout a season.

Can't wait to see Vidic on the Euro tour though. He was absolutely impregnable before his injury. That run of 1-0 wins and clean sheets at Swansea, Goodison and the rest just after the City defeat were games he was absolutely magnificent in.

Valencia would be our fourth player capable of playing RB, fifth if you also take Fabio into consideration. It'll be a huge waste to use one of the best wingers in the world in the defence.

Valencia would be our fourth player capable of playing RB, fifth if you also take Fabio into consideration. It'll be a huge waste to use one of the best wingers in the world in the defence.

It really makes no difference tbh.

He defends almost as much as he attacks, he attacks as much as he defends.

Rafael is always getting up and down the pitch, they work as a team unit rather than a "winger and defender".

Just because he starts in the rb position would not mean he is strictly a defender, just means he will be marking the left winger rather than the fullback.

It suits him quite well infact, he likes to stick wide and play his way into position, rather than dodge and dribble passed 3 players. Leaving him wide would allow Nani to move around and come inside infront of him.

Valencia is more than good enough to do a job at RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.