Vidic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it at the time that losing Vidic for the season was worst thing that resulted from the Basel match

it's unfortunate but if he wasn't injured, i'm not sure if Evans would have gotten the valuable experience that he has now. In terms of securing the title, we missed Vidic but hopefully, as a team, we'll be better for it in the coming seasons

I think the loss of this man is being papered over a fair bit. He is our Kompany. Look how City have done with a mismatched back line and you will be amazed at how we have coped this season.

The man is probably, along with Rooney, our best player and club captain. Huge loss and although we managed to get a good partnership with Rio and Evans going, we have certainly missed him greatly on and off the pitch.

He'll miss the pre-season tour.

Sir Alex: “Vida won’t be ready for going on the tour but hopefully he’ll be ready for the start of the season. We sent him to a complex in Spain last week and he enjoyed it. It gave him a break mentally as it’s not easy. He’s been the only one in the gymnasium in the last couple of months or so as we’ve been reasonably injury-free. He’s not running, he’s just been in the gym.”

He'll miss the pre-season tour.

Sir Alex: “Vida won’t be ready for going on the tour but hopefully he’ll be ready for the start of the season. We sent him to a complex in Spain last week and he enjoyed it. It gave him a break mentally as it’s not easy. He’s been the only one in the gymnasium in the last couple of months or so as we’ve been reasonably injury-free. He’s not running, he’s just been in the gym.”

Damn it. Having no pre-season might really hurt him in the long run.

I remember that about month ago Ferguson said that it would be better for him to stay and prepare for the season in Manchester.

His importance to us is similar to that of Kompany for City. I highly doubt we'd have dropped as many points if we had him for all the season, almost certainly not conceding 4 goals at home to Everton. Plus, he's a major threat from set-pieces to the opposition.

That turned out to be one of the major differences in the end. Their best centre-back scored the winner against us. Our best centre-back has been injured since December.

We'd be breezing this title race had it not been for his injury. Fact.

I'm not sure if United would be breezing if he hadn't been injured. I do think they would have faired better in the two league matches v City and would have probably held on to the lead v Everton. Still, I think the club had a very good year in the league. The CL was a huge disappointment, however.

I don't think we'd have lost the derby or drawn against Everton had Vida been playing. Credit to Evans who has done a fantastic job this season but I can't wait to have Vida back in defence.

The difference between us winning and loosing the title in the end was the injury to this man. The best defender in the league, our captain, leader and one man brick wall.

The only thing City bettered us on was goal difference, and those goals would have been eradicated had he been in the team. He also missed all of our defeats this season. In the eight games he played we conceded no goals from open play.

We were very unlucky this year. All United fans can take heart from that.

We've missed him big time this season. Looking back, if we'd had him instead of playing Evans in the 6-1 game, not only would he have kept the scoreline down, he would've not lost his man which caused Evans to make the tackle that got him sent off. Even if we'd only been defeated 2-1 for example, that would have made us go for it today and we could've won by more. As well as that, there are other games which we missed him in as well. Our defence would not have been as poor with him playing in the 4-4 game against Everton, for example.

At least he'll be back next season though. I can't wait to see him fit and raring to go.

His injury was the one that ultimately cost us. I just hope, aged 30 following a cruciate he can come back the same Vida.

Vidic targets opening day

Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic hopes to be fit for the start of the season.

The 30-year-old has been out since December because of damaged knee ligaments.

But he said in The Sun: "I can now run and do some things on the pitch which is better for me psychologically because for the last four months it's been every day in the gym, which is hard."

He added: "But the worst part is behind me. I can look forward to the second half of the rehabilitation and work more on my fitness.

"Hopefully, I'll be fit for the big kick-off."

It will actually feel like a new signing. No sarcasm here, but it's been so long since he played and it will be fantastic to see him line up on the opening day of the season.

Back in full training next week

Great news, can't help but feel like with him we would have won the title and made it further in the Champions league and cup competitions. Missed him massively last season, especially at time like the Everton game where our entire defence collapsed. Hopefully he manages to make a full recovery and stays fit next season. Was the best defender in the world by far before he got injured IMO.

Great to see him back. I know it's a bit of an old cliche, but he really will be like a new signing for us when he's back.

All I'm worried about is that the injuries may end up having a long term effect on him and he struggles to ever get back to his imperious best. Hopefully that's not the case though.

Great news, can't help but feel like with him we would have won the title and made it further in the Champions league and cup competitions. Missed him massively last season, especially at time like the Everton game where our entire defence collapsed. Hopefully he manages to make a full recovery and stays fit next season. Was the best defender in the world by far before he got injured IMO.

Are you sure? He wouldn't have had that much of an effect with 25~ minutes left. You can argue he wouldn't have conceded the second goal, but what's to suggest we would've still scored a goal?

Heart-wrenching night. CL gone in group stage, Vidic out.
Remarkable recovery from that, and we came so close to making a good season out of it.

Still, progress made.

Rio and Evans and Smalling filled in fantastically.

But I can't help but think big, physical teams or teams who put lots of crosses in really troubled us all season without Vidic.

That's why he is so good.

He can shut down a team like Arsenal just as easy as shutting down Stoke or Bolton.

And he adds those big goals. Just love em.

Let's hope he is back to his best.

His presence to a defence is almost unmatchable. It's been shown time and time again, but particularly last year when he came back from an early injury in the season to instantly shore up the defence with a clean sheet after the 6-1 loss to City.

His presence to a defence is almost unmatchable. It's been shown time and time again, but particularly last year when he came back from an early injury in the season to instantly shore up the defence with a clean sheet after the 6-1 loss to City.

I said before on here I have never seen Vidic lose a 50/50 header. You came up with one example but I literally can't remember and I see every game.

He is phenomenal to be so great in the air and so great at all other aspects of defending as well.

I've not seen anyone better defensively in the air than Vidic. It's absolute madness what he's like when he's on form in this aspect.

Can't wait to see him back.

The club have confirmed reports about his early return to training are bollocks and he will return to training at the same time as the rest of the squad. Well done, press.

The club have confirmed reports about his early return to training are bollocks and he will return to training at the same time as the rest of the squad. Well done, press.

:confused:
Arent the players back next week bar the euro2012 participants?

Think so. But the press were claiming he was back in training a week early i.e. this week.

He was injured on the 7th December.

It's been 7 months. I expect another 2 more months before he makes his return which is looking at about being out for 9 months. To me this would mean he has had an MCL and ACL reconstruction. An ACL reconstruction the player can be back playing at about 6 months - not training, playing. You can add a few more months if its a multiple ligament injury.

He will lose some explosiveness in his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.