Vidic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chill out, it wasn't meant maliciously.

It's just amusing the amount of times Vidic is the subject of discussion, and you're right in the thick of it.

As lets say the Irish are when people are shit-talking O'Shea/Evans/Gibson..

I don't see anything wrong with that, if there is something I disagree with or think is worth a debate I will debate it. But as Vidic is the subject it's instantly classed as 'Fanboyism', which is pathetic.

Yeah I'd agree it is all Plech's fault.

I would never, ever do anything like he did. Never.

It's bordering on racism, is what it is.

Plech should be reported, and we should make t-shirts, and shit.

It's bordering on racism, is what it is.

Plech should be reported, and we should make t-shirts, and shit.

Of course it's fair to keep in mind that it all hinges on a slight misunderstanding, due to the culture in the country of Plech's origin.

He meant it in a concilliatory way obviously.

If this racism isn't proven I think we should seek to ban vuc.

Vuc should probably report Plech. at this point

I've reported myself.

Sults, Wibbs, noodle... (is noodle a mod? I can't remember. Why would anyone make him a mod, he can't understand the tube map)... Dwayne, Blunder, all my other modular negritos.

I feel action needs to be taken re my own actions in the 'Vidic' thread in the MU forum, with respect to the poster vuc. Poor old vuc was committing no other crime than to love Nemanja Vidic. His punishment was to be laconically but mean-spiritedly ridiculed by none other than myself, with the implication being that his love was disproportionate to the player's achievements, and born mainly of nationalism.

Not only was this an old, tedious and unfunny gag, but its implicit accusation is manifestly false. Firstly, Vidic is one of the finest centre-halves in the club's history, and without him we're quite shit. Secondly, vuc loves other players too - a lot. And thirdly, the FA is a corrupt pawn of SAF.

vuc has now quite reasonably threatened not to post any more youtube clips of Vidic in the thread. He says he will "leave it to others". My concern going forward is that were he to follow through on this threat, "others" might not come through with nearly as many clips. The sad truth is, much as we love Vidic, we probably don't love him quite as much as vuc.

All I can say in my defence is that my words ought to be taken in context. In my native language, "you have issues" does not imply that you have mental or personality problems, but is normally taken as good-natured racial abuse.

Nevertheless, I have to take responsibility for how my words were taken. Therefore I ask that you make an example of me in order to prevail upon vuc not to carry out his threat. I suggest that I be henceforth locked in a thread with Scholesy, the Chief, and Andy@Allerton off RAWK. The thread title could be simply, "Net spend".

It is not a crime to be a Serb, and hasn't been since 1999. It's not a crime to love a player from the same country as oneself, unless it's Sergio Busquets. Let's make this a twenty-first century forum, for a twenty-first century...century. Thank you.

I've reported myself.

Sults, Wibbs, noodle... (is noodle a mod? I can't remember. Why would anyone make him a mod, he can't understand the tube map)... Dwayne, Blunder, all my other modular negritos.

I feel action needs to be taken re my own actions in the 'Vidic' thread in the MU forum, with respect to the poster vuc. Poor old vuc was committing no other crime than to love Nemanja Vidic. His punishment was to be laconically but mean-spiritedly ridiculed by none other than myself, with the implication being that his love was disproportionate to the player's achievements, and born mainly of nationalism.

True - not too mention he's better than Ferdinand.

Not only was this an old, tedious and unfunny gag, but its implicit accusation is manifestly false. Firstly, Vidic is one of the finest centre-halves in the club's history, and without him we're quite shit. Secondly, vuc loves other players too - a lot. And thirdly, the FA is a corrupt pawn of SAF.

True

vuc has now quite reasonably threatened not to post any more youtube clips of Vidic in the thread. He says he will "leave it to others". My concern going forward is that were he to follow through on this threat, "others" might not come through with nearly as many clips. The sad truth is, much as we love Vidic, we probably don't love him quite as much as vuc.

True

All I can say in my defence is that my words ought to be taken in context. In my native language, "you have issues" does not imply that you have mental or personality problems, but is normally taken as good-natured racial abuse.

Racist

Nevertheless, I have to take responsibility for how my words were taken. Therefore I ask that you make an example of me in order to prevail upon vuc not to carry out his threat. I suggest that I be henceforth locked in a thread with Scholesy, the Chief, and Andy@Allerton off RAWK. The thread title could be simply, "Net spend".

I always knew there was some good in you.

It is not a crime to be a Serb, and hasn't been since 1999. It's not a crime to love a player from the same country as oneself, unless it's Sergio Busquets. Let's make this a twenty-first century forum, for a twenty-first century...century. Thank you.

Racist

Anti-Serb forum.

Vuc - whats the latest on Vidic injury - what operation did he have - single, double or triple reconstruction?

Just to clarify this is an honest question and not a wind up.

feck me, he's admitted it. I'm sorting the t-shirts out.

Apposition forwards must finally be able to breathe, now that they don't have to fave this man this season.

Would not like to face this man:
nemanjavidic.jpg

Come back soon!

I can just about picture vuc at home, with his computer, frantically searching for videos of Vidic, his great icon, while shedding his tears due to us missing the captain for the season.

Seriusly, has there ever been a bigger fanboi on the caf? I think he usurps FranklyVulgar with his Messi love-in.

Beckham007 with his ahem Beckham love-in comes close.

Seriously, these Croats are obsessed with their players and Tito.

:p

In fairness, if I was Serbian and a United fan I would be as big a Vidic fanboi as Vuc and maybe even bigger.

Vidic is the best defender in the world.

Imagine if he was fully fit and raring to go for the City game :drool:

In not so good news, apparently his house has just gone up for sale. He's clearly off to Madrid.

In not so good news, apparently his house has just gone up for sale. He's clearly off to Madrid.

Or London:

Lewis Graham @LewisGraham
Nemaja Vidic viewing the house I'm working on in London. Potentially leaving United for a London club?? Heard it hear first.
12:59 PM - 13 Feb 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry® · Details

:smirk:

Great news about his injury though.

Whilst casually dreaming of house i couldnt possibly afford on Rightmove I noticed Vidic's house. Anyone who lives around where he lives will know it...apparently caused a bit of a stir when built it few years ago. Something to worry about???

The only thing to do here, obviously, is panic. There's only one reason a person ever puts their house up for sale, and that's to move abroad.

We may as well start looking for replacements now.

Where did you read that?

If true then it's not exactly a great sign...

Most probably nothing much to it. He only signed a new contract recently. Mind you he's going to be 31 this year and with Smalling and Evans looking like they could both stake a claim to partner Rio, maybe SAF might consider letting him go if a big enough bid comes in but I can't see him selling to a direct rival though.

Most probably nothing much to it. He only signed a new contract recently. Mind you he's going to be 31 this year and with Smalling and Evans looking like they could both stake a claim to partner Rio, maybe SAF might consider letting him go if a big enough bid comes in but I can't see him selling to a direct rival though.

Can't see Rio having much game time after this season. Surely they'll be fighting to partner Vidic.

Maybe he's just a millionaire who wants another house in that Londontown?

There's no way he's leaving for a London based club. If he's planning to re-locate down there Fergie won't be pleased.

Just noticed who made this thread, do you think it's appropriate to change his reserve team player to something more suitable to let people know SFraser has passed away? I don't know if it's Redcafe policy or not, if it isn't and has been raised before then apologies, I haven't seen it.

I don't know if it was posted on here, but he died earlier last year at 27.

Sports Interactive Community.

Just noticed who made this thread, do you think it's appropriate to change his reserve team player to something more suitable to let people know SFraser has passed away? I don't know if it's Redcafe policy or not, if it isn't and has been raised before then apologies, I haven't seen it.

I don't know if it was posted on here, but he died earlier last year at 27.

Sports Interactive Community.

Have to log in to read that. What happened? That's awful, RIP SFraser

Have to log in to read that. What happened? That's awful, RIP SFraser

heathxxx said:
ANNOUNCEMENT: Steven Fraser (SFraser) - Has sadly died.

It is my sad duty to inform regular readers and contributors in the Tactics & Training Forum, that Steven John Fraser, known to everyone here as SFraser, tragically and suddenly died on Sunday July 3rd 2011, aged 27.

On behalf of the forum moderators and everyone at SI Games, we would like to express our sincerest condolences to Steven's family.

Steven was a prolific and valued contributor to our forums, often providing superb and detailed guides, which no doubt have helped countless forum members enjoy Football Manager as much as we all know he did.

The official family announcement can be found here - http://familyannouncements.ajl.co.uk.../328939/fraser

On a more personal note, I would just like to say that I always enjoyed discussing tactics with Steven. We shared a love for Manchester United and often shared both similar conclusions, as well as conflicting ones, about the best ways to play as the Red Devils in Football Manager.

I often tried hard to get him to play a lower league save, but could never quite tear him away from his beloved Manchester United!

I will miss his great contributions and discussions, as I'm sure many others here will too.

RIP mate.

Heath

From one of the mods on the Sports Interactive (the makers of the football manager series) Tactics discussion forum.

What was the interest in Varane all about though? That signing was going to be in addition to Jones if he'd decided to join us instead of Madrid.

I'd be extremely surprised if Vidic was sold to a domestic rival but a move abroad wouldn't come as a huge surprise. The injury might have scuppered any chance of that though.

PS. Vidic signed his current contract in August 2010. Expires June 2014.

What was the interest in Varane all about though? That signing was going to be in addition to Jones if he'd decided to join us instead of Madrid.

I'd be extremely surprised if Vidic was sold to a domestic rival but a move abroad wouldn't come as a huge surprise. The injury might have scuppered any chance of that though.

PS. Vidic signed his current contract in August 2010. Expires June 2014.

He wasn't injured in the summer, so I doubt we planned to let him go this season but maybe he might be off at the end of the season. It all depends on if Smalling and Evans can truly establish themselves.

We'd be breezing this title race had it not been for his injury. Fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.