Victor Osimhen | out of options | goes to Gala on loan

Can't see us spending that much on one player let alone a player in the same position as Hojlund

Well, he’s not a player who makes many of his own chances and one of our issues is creating enough chances..
He makes many runs in behind the opponent’s centerbacks, he knows how to attacks crosses and get good headers. We have the quality to create those chances for him if we want to…

He makes many runs in behind the opponent’s centerbacks, he knows how to attacks crosses and get good headers. We have the quality to create those chances for him if we want to…
If the quality is there to create chances, then why is Hojlund being defended with the excuse that he doesn't get enough service? And if there indeed isn't enough service, why would it be different for Osimhen?

Happy if we do but I’ll believe it when i see it. Otherwise we have a 100m player that we have no clue about

we don't cross the ball very often b/c of our winger situation so that won't be of any help

Nah not biting on that one!

Not believable at all! but adding Chelsea on the tweet instead of United would get feck all traction, so I get it!

If the quality is there to create chances, then why is Hojlund being defended with the excuse that he doesn't get enough service? And if there indeed isn't enough service, why would it be different for Osimhen?
I meant the player quality, not the play style quality… we aren’t playing to his strengths. I am not convinced Osimhen is a priority (but the idea we can’t get something out of him is wrong), i believe Hojlund can only improve. The priority in attack should be some better rightwing options than Anthony…

Let me get this right, we don't need a Zirkzee type Striker because he drops too deep and now we also don't need a Osimhen type as well because he doesn't drop deep and needs service to thrive. So please what type of striker do you guys actually want because I'm confused. It seems every player we are linked with isn't what we need according to those on here.

Let me get this right, we don't need a Zirkzee type Striker because he drops too deep and now we also don't need a Osimhen type as well because he doesn't drop deep and needs service to thrive. So please what type of striker do you guys actually want because I'm confused. It seems every player we are linked with isn't what we need according to those on here.
For me I’d take the former because we don’t have that type of player. Whereas the latter depends on being fed chances, a huge 100m gamble when one of our issues is making chances

He has an agreement with the owner, but I highly doubt it's cheap enough to be done by us. (unless it's a loan of some sort)

Could he play the Rashford role sometimes if we sell him to PSG?

Rotate with Hojlund, perhaps even Hojlund play there on the left side, he has a lot of speed to run at the goal.

Last edited:
This is the most Chelsea transfer ever.
He is either staying at Napoli or going to Chelsea (or to Saudi Arabia).

Well, he’s not a player who makes many of his own chances and one of our issues is creating enough chances..
But he is a striker who knows exactly where to be in penalty box. Exactly what we need. Killer in the box. He would be amazing signing.

But, i don't see how this transfer could ever happen. Zero logic and chance for it. Huge money involved plus that would mean Hojlund cemented on the bench. When you spend premium money on striker, you don't rotate him. He is there to start every single game.

Please be true.

I know it is not:(

This is confusing. You don't think Højlund is good enough, but you're begging for a striker who share the exact same weaknesses other than aerially?

He barely scored more than Højlund last season despite playing in a much weaker league and for a team that play to his strengths.
He is heavily reliant on service and is worse at link-up play than Højlund, misses at least 10 games per season to injuries, is 5 years older, will cost more than €100m and has had one good season?

Signing him makes absolutely no sense at all, but I guess it just comes down to you liking him for whatever reason.

This is the most Chelsea transfer ever.
He is either staying at Napoli or going to Chelsea (or to Saudi Arabia).
Probably in that order. Move to Chelsea, become another victim of the Stamford Bridge graveyard for no.9s, and then move to Saudi.

This is confusing. You don't think Højlund is good enough, but you're begging for a striker who share the exact same weaknesses other than aerially?

He barely scored more than Højlund last season despite playing in a much weaker league and for a team that play to his strengths.
He is heavily reliant on service and is worse at link-up play than Højlund, misses at least 10 games per season to injuries, is 5 years older, will cost more than €100m and has had one good season?

Signing him makes absolutely no sense at all, but I guess it just comes down to you liking him for whatever reason.
Because i don't judge players based on do i "like" them or not. I rate them based on what they do on the pitch. Yes, i think that Hojlund (at least right now) is not good enough to lead a line of Man Utd. But i am perfectly happy with having him as second option and see how he will develop.
Osimhen is a top striker and miles better than Hojlund. It is not even a contest (except for fanboys like you).

But hey, don't worry. Hojlund will be our starting striker next year. This is BS story.

Edit: wait, Osimhen has only one good season? What?!

For me I’d take the former because we don’t have that type of player. Whereas the latter depends on being fed chances, a huge 100m gamble when one of our issues is making chances

While I don't disagree, this is why this place is insufferable sometimes when it comes to strikers especially. Too many are unable to differentiate lack of goalscoring ability with lack of opportunity. You can't just "add goals" to a team like it's a fecking addition problem unless the literal only problem in the team was that everyone was putting it on a plate for the striker who missed countless sitters all year (Nunez).

Because i don't judge players based on do i "like" them or not. I rate them based on what they do on the pitch. Yes, i think that Hojlund (at least right now) is not good enough to lead a line of Man Utd. But i am perfectly happy with having him as second option and see how he will develop.
Osimhen is a top striker and miles better than Hojlund. It is not even a contest (except for fanboys like you).

But hey, don't worry. Hojlund will be our starting striker next year. This is BS story.

Edit: wait, Osimhen has only one good season? What?!

Why are you getting upset?

You're just stating your own opinions without backing them up with any evidence. It's not that I disagree with you. I also think Osimhen is a better striker, but they have the exact same weaknesses so it doesn't make sense to sign Osimhen for over €100m who is going to struggle to make an impact on the game like Højlund does. He is no Martial type and similarly to Højlund is reliant on service to get to chances. What are your reasons for wanting to sign him other than "he's top striker and miles better"? You don't seem to have thought out this potential transfer so much and haven't considered at all how we as a team play football, which is why I assume you just want to sign him because you just have a hard-on for him.

You rate players on what they do on the pitch? Okay, have you watched Napoli and Osimhen at all this season? You think that's a striker that should be leading the line for us? You say he knows where to be in the box, but what does that matter when he scored 12 open play goals during a season? It is literally two more than Højlund and in a much weaker league.

He is excellent aerially and great hold-up player, and that is it. He misses a lot of sitters and 1v1 with the keeper, but I'm sure you know this already if you've watched him.

Yes, Osimhen has only had one good season, which was the 22/23 season. The season before he scored 14 goals and the season before that he scored 10. You think that's great? In that case, you'll like Højlund ;)

While I don't disagree, this is why this place is insufferable sometimes when it comes to strikers especially. Too many are unable to differentiate lack of goalscoring ability with lack of opportunity. You can't just "add goals" to a team like it's a fecking addition problem unless the literal only problem in the team was that everyone was putting it on a plate for the striker who missed countless sitters all year (Nunez).
Yep that’s why they be always been against this signing. Not that i don’t rate him as a player, I do. But, what’s the point in paying such a fee & high salary if we don’t create him enough crosses and passes to score from. Most of the time our wingers cut in to shoot. We would have to change up our attacking ideas.

Injury prone, expensive, would want to start every week over Hojlund…

What’s not to like!

There is no way he is coming to us and I am very fine with that. We do not currently need galacticos

Certain United fans need to move away from the delusion that any one, "mesiah" player will save our team. We need 6-7 good, consistent players, not just one star.

Look at Joao Neves. There is no way we should pay 120mil for him, or anywhere close to it. He is a great midfielder but he was bullied by Georgia, just yesterday. What will he do against premiership clubs if the rest of the team is not there? Nothing

We dont currently have any need for luxury players. Maybe in 3-4 years

There is no way he is coming to us and I am very fine with that. We do not currently need galacticos

Certain United fans need to move away from the delusion that any one, "mesiah" player will save our team. We need 6-7 good, consistent players, not just one star.

Look at Joao Neves. There is no way we should pay 120mil for him, or anywhere close to it. He is a great midfielder but he was bullied by Georgia, just yesterday. What will he do against premiership clubs if the rest of the team is not there? Nothing

We dont currently have any need for luxury players. Maybe in 3-4 years

Not only this, but we simply don't have the capability. We have very little money to spend this season, and are unlikely to be able to make as many sales (at as high a value) as is being predicted.

We could be linked to Ronaldo in his prime and people would still find something to complain about.

Why are you getting upset?

You're just stating your own opinions without backing them up with any evidence. It's not that I disagree with you. I also think Osimhen is a better striker, but they have the exact same weaknesses so it doesn't make sense to sign Osimhen for over €100m who is going to struggle to make an impact on the game like Højlund does. He is no Martial type and similarly to Højlund is reliant on service to get to chances. What are your reasons for wanting to sign him other than "he's top striker and miles better"? You don't seem to have thought out this potential transfer so much and haven't considered at all how we as a team play football, which is why I assume you just want to sign him because you just have a hard-on for him.

You rate players on what they do on the pitch? Okay, have you watched Napoli and Osimhen at all this season? You think that's a striker that should be leading the line for us? You say he knows where to be in the box, but what does that matter when he scored 12 open play goals during a season? It is literally two more than Højlund and in a much weaker league.

He is excellent aerially and great hold-up player, and that is it. He misses a lot of sitters and 1v1 with the keeper, but I'm sure you know this already if you've watched him.

Yes, Osimhen has only had one good season, which was the 22/23 season. The season before he scored 14 goals and the season before that he scored 10. You think that's great? In that case, you'll like Højlund ;)
It is amazing how people who watch football regulary underestimate striker's positioning and anticipation in the box. And based on that, "service" excuse comes into conversation.

It is amazing how people who watch football regulary underestimate striker's positioning and anticipation in the box. And based on that, "service" excuse comes into conversation.

So you want to splash out €120m for anticipation and striker's positioning? You're talking as if Osimhen's positioning and anticipation is Haaland-like, which is just so far from reality. Other than that, you're not really replying to anything in my post which just strengthens my assumption you don't really know what kind of striker he is. He is a striker that lurks in the box just waiting for chances. In Napoli, he gets that as they have multiple creators, particularly Kvaratskhelia and Politano who aren't just great creators, but also excellent crossers that gives Osimhen an extra advantage because of his quality in aerial duels. It is no coincidence Osimhen stopped scoring goals when Kvaratskhelia was out of form. He wouldn't get that advantage for us, because first of all, we only have one creator in Bruno, and we have no great crossers except maybe Shaw. Our wingers don't provide chances for him as their game is cutting in and shooting (Garnacho, Rashford, Antony).

Now, given that Napoli plays to his strengths and he still only managed to score 14 goals in the league (2 from penalties), what makes you think he would score more for us? It's not like he is playing against excellent defenders in Serie A either (Bastoni, Bremer, Tomori are exceptions), and the general goalkeeping and defending is very poor.

Another thing you should keep in mind is that Lukaku also had excellent positioning and anticipation in the box, but it's not enough. Both Osimhen and Lukaku have very poor balance and fall to ground easily which is weird when you consider how physically strong they are. They also have a poor first touch (as do Højlund btw) which is one of the reasons United fans wanted him out to begin with as it ruined too many attacks. Lukaku was also PL proven but failed for us, scored way more goals than Osimhen does, so why do you think Osimhen would be so good for us?

Keep in mind Højlund scored the same amount of goals as him this season if you exclude Osimhen's two penalty goals, which would only be fair when Bruno takes our penalties. He is also 5 years younger and not as injury-prone.

Unless we are suddenly able to spend BIG this window we do not need to spend on a 1st 11 striker (we could do with a player to rotate in, come on for the last 30 mins etc... although I have no problem with Rashford in this role).

Our finances are likely to be stretched if only due to PSR limiting our spending, we need to focus on defence and then midfield, spunking £120m on a striker just is not on the cards