5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
We actually move very slow in replacing our players and they become “deadwood” with little resale value.

Lindelof should have been moved on 1-2 seasons ago and replaced by someone who can actually compete in PL in terms of physicality.
I'm pretty sure Inter were in for him a couple years ago, Barca too at one point. Could have recouped the £30m we spent on him. Same with Maguire this season, that £30m could have gone on Todibo. McTominay too... I hope we sell Sancho before he goes down further in price.

Lindelof actually put in a decent shift last night and does not deserved to be dragged into the Hall of Shame.

Armchair managing in hindsight perhaps, but last night would have been a good occasion to actually start Maguire with Varane. Then go with Lindelof at RB and Dalot of LB so that Ambrabat could perform in midfield not at RB. After all, the opponent was always going to sit back and hit us on the counter and whatever one wants to say about Maguire he's still on the squad and our backline is massively depleted through injury.
I don’t disagree about throwing him into fullback allowing Amrabat to do his stuff in midfield.

but to say he put in a decent shift.. I’m putting you on the list as enabler #4

the second goal, he literally left a bus sized hole for them to attack and jogged back. The latter made my piss boil

I don’t disagree about throwing him into fullback allowing Amrabat to do his stuff in midfield.

but to say he put in a decent shift.. I’m putting you on the list as enabler #4

the second goal, he literally left a bus sized hole for them to attack and jogged back. The latter made my piss boil

I wrote "decent", not "world class". Lindelof was not responsible for any of the three goals scored against us nor the calamity that led to the pk that was mercifully missed.

We all have a right to expect more than a mere "decent" performance, but on a night when the following were calamitous:

Onana
Dalot
Bruno
Rashford (bar the one excellent cross)

A decent performance is a breath of fresh air in what was otherwise a wretched, stench-filled performance by players who are expected to be far above decent. Lindelof is a squad player and expectations as to he should bring to the squad should be viewed in a different light than what is expected of players who are nailed on starters when fit.

I wrote "decent", not "world class". Lindelof was not responsible for any of the three goals scored against us nor the calamity that led to the pk that was mercifully missed.

We all have a right to expect more than a mere "decent" performance, but on a night when the following were calamitous:

Onana
Dalot
Bruno

A decent performance is a breath of fresh air in what was otherwise a wretched, stench-filled performance by players who are expected to be far above decent. Lindelof is a squad player and expectations as to he should bring to the squad should be viewed in a different light than what is expected of players who are nailed on starters when fit.
You lost me at “not responsible” for any of the 3 goals

Onana
Dalot
Bruno

How can you say he was "decent"? The whole team organisation in defence was a shambles and unless I missed something he featured. We got torn to shreds against a Turkish side on numerous occasions at Old Trafford. It's not just about missing a clearance and putting it into your own net off your wrong foot to say mistakes were made. If you're part of such dysfunction where nothing worked in defence you didn't have a good game irrespective of obvious mistakes.

You lost me at “not responsible” for any of the 3 goals

Now that I reflect on the argument I've just read, Lindelof actually was responsible for all three goals. After all, he was on the pitch when every single goal was scored against us. And let's not let him off the hook for the pk that was missed, which would make it four goals conceded. The Iceman clearly melted and with his meltdown he vaporized our chances of emerging out of the group stage. Time to bring back Maguire to third on the depth chart at CB.

How can you say he was "decent"? The whole team organisation in defence was a shambles and unless I missed something he featured. We got torn to shreds against a Turkish side on numerous occasions at Old Trafford. It's not just about missing a clearance and putting it into your own net off your wrong foot to say mistakes were made. If you're part of such dysfunction where nothing worked in defence you didn't have a good game irrespective of obvious mistakes.

Do you have any facts or are you just going to argue that because Onana and Dalot were a shambles that therefore Lindelof was a shambles too?

By that logic you must therefore agree that because we score two goals and had one disallowed for offside that Rashford and Bruno must have been as brilliant as Hojlund.

The caf, what a wonderful place.

Do you have any facts or are you just going to argue that because Onana and Dalot were a shambles that therefore Lindelof was a shambles too?

By that logic you must therefore agree that because we score two goals and had one disallowed for offside that Rashford and Bruno must have been as brilliant as Hojlund.

The caf, what a wonderful place.
What do you mean facts? A fact is he did X clearances and X tackles but it doesn't really mean much. What's that matter if you get battered in defence. So I don't know what "facts" you seek.

You've got a fact anyway, we conceded 3 goals at home to a team far below our stature and here's an opinion...every aspect of the defensive organisation is bad. None of them get away with that. If "decent" is just not making a comical error in your view then fair enough you have fairly lax expectations but I just look at a shambles as a whole, and unless you really raise your head above the parapet and show something exceptional to say the blame is with all your teammates and not you then I'm afraid that's going down as a crap performance.

Now that I reflect on the argument I've just read, Lindelof actually was responsible for all three goals. After all, he was on the pitch when every single goal was scored against us. And let's not let him off the hook for the pk that was missed, which would make it four goals conceded. The Iceman clearly melted and with his meltdown he vaporized our chances of emerging out of the group stage. Time to bring back Maguire to third on the depth chart at CB.
Second one was definitely on him, third is partly on him too.

Onana
Dalot
Bruno

2nd goal main culprit
3rd goal definetley takes joint responsibility with Varane and Amrabat.

Both occasions he gets caught compleatly out of position after going to try to win the ball but failing.

2nd goal main culprit
3rd goal definetley takes joint responsibility with Varane and Amrabat.

Both occasions he gets caught compleatly out of position after going to try to win the ball but failing.

You and others are projecting the unalloyed shitness of Onana and Dalot onto other players. Anytime a side concedes 3 goals no one on the back line comes out of the wreckage with any kind of honour but among the back five (including Onana) only Lindelof was reasonably reliable defensively. But in the name of comity I'm willing to drop "decent" and go with "least shit", but I do want to point to another opinion...from MEN:

Victor Lindelof
Made a key interception and block either side of the interval. An improvement on his general form this season. 5

5 is about right. 6 would be a pretty good game, which I would never claim. A 5 is usually regarded as decent. But let's ignore that.

Astonishing that people are still defending this guy. No way should he be starting a game that matters if anyone else is fit. And I include Maguire in that. He’s just a nothing player.

Nobody could have predicted the scale of our injury crisis in defence, but if we’d started this season with Henderson/Kovar + new (half decent) CB rather than Onana + Lindelof, we’d be in a better position right now.

You and others are projecting the unalloyed shitness of Onana and Dalot onto other players. Anytime a side concedes 3 goals no one on the back line comes out of the wreckage with any kind of honour but among the back five (including Onana) only Lindelof was reasonably reliable defensively. But in the name of comity I'm willing to drop "decent" and go with "least shit", but I do want to point to another opinion...from MEN:

Victor Lindelof
Made a key interception and block either side of the interval. An improvement on his general form this season. 5

5 is about right. 6 would be a pretty good game, which I would never claim. A 5 is usually regarded as decent. But let's ignore that.
Holy feck, if that’s an improvement I rest my case

Victor Lindelof

5 is average. Decent implies something better than average imo. I would give him 5 or perhaps 4. Not good enough but not the only culprit.

Victor Lindelof

Dalot was compleatly at fault for the first goal. Ridiculously poor defending. Like something from the lower leagues.

Second goal was mostly on lindelof, charges out of position dosent win the ball makes no effort to get back in and plug the gap he left, attacker scores from the exact position lindelof should be in. It's the fact he makes no effort to get back in that's infuriating. I can forgive genuine mistakes but the slow jog back unforgivable.

Third goal was a complete shitshow. Mistakes all round starting with ETH, Amrabat, lindelof, Varane and Onana.

The worst thing about lindelof is the headless panic mode that happens whenever we are under pressure or things aren't going well. This was no more apparent than what happened for the third goal where he charges out of position leave a nice gap right in the heart of defence and gets nowhere near the ball all the man. If he holds his position the third goal dosent happen instead he panics and charges toward the ball he is never going to get close to in a million years. Schoolboy stuff really.

Last point since when have M.E.N players ratings had any bearing to anything?

He might be the very best definition of a nothing player that I can think of. He is not a standout at any aspect of the game, be it passing, dribbling, heading, blocking etc. He isn't particularly big, or strong, or fast. He seems mentally very weak, and unable to accept any criticism from team mates. And yet he has been here since 2017 and playing regularly.

He might be the very best definition of a nothing player that I can think of. He is not a standout at any aspect of the game, be it passing, dribbling, heading, blocking etc. He isn't particularly big, or strong, or fast. He seems mentally very weak, and unable to accept any criticism from team mates. And yet he has been here since 2017 and playing regularly.
It’s true, the standards have fallen. I was going to even say he’s matured, but the mistakes are still there . Tracking back even being behind a defender can put them off the slightest bit.

It’s true, the standards have fallen. I was going to even say he’s matured, but the mistakes are still there . Tracking back even being behind a defender can put them off the slightest bit.
Yeah. I normally don’t like piling on to players. After all they’re our players; our players make the team; the team is who we support. But teams develop and evolve. Where there are weaknesses, it’s natural to try to improve.

Vic is part of the club and has done okay sometimes. I would say he is an averagely good CB. He’d get into some other teams and wouldn’t be their main problem. But we have to set the bar higher, for all squad members. He’s just not good enough for us.

Yeah. I normally don’t like piling on to players. After all they’re our players; our players make the team; the team is who we support. But teams develop and evolve. Where there are weaknesses, it’s natural to try to improve.

Vic is part of the club and has done okay sometimes. I would say he is an averagely good CB. He’d get into some other teams and wouldn’t be their main problem. But we have to set the bar higher, for all squad members. He’s just not good enough for us.
Been beating that drum for six years. Six! I don’t understand how he escapes being sold

Man Utd 2:1 Brentford
fecking useless player, may as well have got the assist for Brentford, cannot wait until I never have to see him play for us again

Think he did alright at left back aside from the goal, he got forward and supported the attack well.

I din’t think he was at fault for the goal as much. He was off balance and couldn’t get much power on the clearance but Onana should be saving those.

Whataboutism. I’m talking 6 years of seeing the same story from Lindelof. It’s a joke at this stage

Dalot, Maguire, Shaw etc etc all have those brain fart moments. Usually it's a toss up as to which one of them will feck up.

His back was obviously fecked and tried to carry on. At one point he was walking like he'd shit himself - we all been there (for either reason)

Try to bring back Alvaro. His loan team can get Lindelof in exchange. Starting to become the player who triggers me the post. Granted, hehad to play an unfamiliar position today but still... There is just no point at all. I'd rather have Will Fish play there, even if he is just as bad, maybe it will increase the price tag a little...

What the actual feck was he doing with that attempt at a clearance(?) for their goal.

Hope he's alright though.

His contribution to their goal is typical of him. Just weak, no composure, not doing the basics.

A club like this really shouldn't have a defender who can't sort his feet out and clears the ball straight back into the danger area.

Status
Not open for further replies.