VAR and Refs | General Discussion

If we want to play that game then giving Lewandowski a penalty for Varane manhandling him early in the first half would change the game too.

Why ignore the refereeing against Barca? Seems odd.

And for what it's worth, I didn't ignore the refereeing against United. I said I thought Kounde fouled Rashford.

Yes. And if the ref had penalised Varane for his foul on Lewandowski then the entire landscape changes again so it's always pointless going down that route.

There's nothing in the rules about proximity overruling unnatural motions or deliberate handballs.

Favoured them so much he denied them two stonewall penalties.

I didn't ignore it. I literally commented on it and said the ref missed it. Jesus christ :lol:

3-1? It was outside the box.

And if we're going down the hypothetical routes then the game would've been totally different if Barcelona had scored the penalty they should've been given for Varane manhandling Lewandowski.

No one can bring up the whole 'the game would be different if this happened' crap without sounding like an utter hypocrite given Barcelona should've been given a penalty before any refereeing slight on United.
If that’s a penalty we’re getting 20 penalties a game. Funny how you’re clutching at straws now. I’ve no idea why wums like you bother. You’re so transparent.

He is a Barca fan. One of the worst. Most of his posts are about Barca and Messi.

I'm not a Barca fan :confused:

Although you're correct that a lot of my posts here are about Messi. He's my favourite player and this forum usually has lots of Messi threads.

Got away with one from Fred there. Definitely seen them given possible the VAR felt he was trying to pull his arm out of the way but his momentum was taking him forward. Happened very fast.

Definitely should of been D.O.G.S.O for Koundes foul on Rashford not sure why that wasn't given. V.A.R is mess everywhere it seems.

If that’s a penalty we’re getting 20 penalties a game. Funny how you’re clutching at straws now. I’ve no idea why wums like you bother. You’re so transparent.

Why is it "wumming" to say I think that Barcelona should've had two penalties?

I also think Kounde fouled Rashford and should have been sent off. Now what?

That's the old law.

Kw2Yl2Z.png
What you have quoted is the changes/addendum to the old law. The old law stands unless it is specifically stated otherwise. So proximity matters while deciding handball.

Pink Moon must have had a bet on tonight or something. Only explanation

I don't gamble mate.

It's the VAR/refs thread and I'm discussing contentious issues that happened in the game involving VAR and the referee. There's absolutely nothing more to it than that. I'm not sure what part of that you can't grasp? :lol:

What now it's two penalties? The first one which Lewandowski didn't even ask for and the second one which would have been harsh?

I didn't ignore it. I literally commented on it and said the ref missed it. Jesus christ :lol:

That was your first comment here today.

Thinking Lewandowski backing into Varane relentlessly is penalty just makes sure no one takes you seriously.

What now it's two penalties? The first one which Lewandowski didn't even ask for and the second one which would have been harsh?

Nketiah didn't claim for a penalty last night either. Still got one because he was fouled.

2JljYrC.png

He's fouling him.

That was your first comment here today.

Thinking Lewandowski backing into Varane relentlessly is penalty just makes sure no one takes you seriously.

Backing into him? Varane has both arms around him ffs.

I also don't care if anyone takes me seriously mate. It really isn't that deep.

I'm sorry that my first comment wasn't to mention Rashford being fouled. How silly of me. Perhaps it's because I was referring to posts directly above mine that were ranting as if there were no dodgy decisions the other way in the game?

Nketiah didn't claim for a penalty last night either. Still got one because he was fouled.

2JljYrC.png

He's fouling him.

I'm sorry that my first comment wasn't to mention Rashford being fouled. How silly of me. Perhaps it's because I was referring to posts directly above mine that were ranting as if there were no dodgy decisions the other way in the game?
This is Barcelona, Alba rolled on the floor for a minute to get a penalty for an excellent tackle by AWB. If this was a pen shout, Lewandowski would have asked for it along with half the Barca team.

If we want to play that game then giving Lewandowski a penalty for Varane manhandling him early in the first half would change the game too.

Why ignore the refereeing against Barca? Seems odd.

And for what it's worth, I didn't ignore the refereeing against United. I said I thought Kounde fouled Rashford.

Yes. And if the ref had penalised Varane for his foul on Lewandowski then the entire landscape changes again so it's always pointless going down that route.

There's nothing in the rules about proximity overruling unnatural motions or deliberate handballs.

Favoured them so much he denied them two stonewall penalties.

3-1? It was outside the box.

And if we're going down the hypothetical routes then the game would've been totally different if Barcelona had scored the penalty they should've been given for Varane manhandling Lewandowski.

No one can bring up the whole 'the game would be different if this happened' crap without sounding like an utter hypocrite given Barcelona should've been given a penalty before any refereeing slight on United.

What’s with Barca fans wanting a penalty for literally anything? Game of football isn’t just about getting dodgy penalties in every game. Surprised you stopped at just two, would have thought there were maybe 6 plus two red cards or something.

This is Barcelona, Alba rolled on the floor for a minute to get a penalty for an excellent tackle by AWB. If this was a pen shout, Lewandowski would have asked for it along with half the Barca team.

Jordi Alba is one of the biggest divers in world football so that really isn't surprising. Has been the case for over a decade now.

What’s with Barca fans wanting a penalty for literally anything? Game of football isn’t just about getting dodgy penalties in every game. Surprised you stopped at just two, would have thought there were maybe 6 plus two red cards or something.

No idea. You'd need to ask one although you'll forgive me for having a wee laugh at a fan of a club which employs Bruno Fernandes for posting about dodgy penalties.

You're absolutely seething right now and I have no idea why. Who knew someone seeing contentious decisions in a football game differently could get folk so worked up? :lol:

The funniest part is I'm not wumming. I genuinely believe this. I'd love to see how mental some of you go when an actual WUM starts their crap.

Still images aren't proof of anything and yes he was backing into him all the way till he lost the ball. He was looking for contact and Varane was never manhandling him ffs.

Why were you only outraged by the Fred decision originally? Seems fairly obvious what you’re here for.

Still images aren't proof of anything and yes he was backing into him all the way till he lost the ball. He was looking for contact and Varane was never manhandling him ffs.

Fair enough. We see it differently. My view would be that if it's all Lewandowski backing in then Varane simply has to step aside and watch Lewandowski fall on his arse. The moment a defender puts both arms around a striker in the box, they're asking for trouble.

Why were you only outraged by the Fred decision originally? Seems fairly obvious what you’re here for.

I'm not "outraged" though. WTF is with the hyperbole tonight?

I'll repeat. I mentioned the Fred decision because one of the posts above mine was giving it the 'VARcelona' shite. Seriously go look at my comment then all the posts above it. I provided balance.

A WUM would be in here talking about how Kounde never touched Rashford or how it would've been soft etc.

Grow up mate ffs :lol:

You're the one writing essays on why Barca should have had penalties. I doubt over on their fan forums they even think Lewa should have had two penalties for so called man handling. It's all just really odd.

There was only two really contentious refereeing decisions. Kounde probably should have been sent off. It's debatable whether the ball touched Fred's hand, it looks different from every angle. Regardless, that would have very harsh.

That was it.

In accordance with the rules per IFAB? It was a stonewall penalty.

Firstly, there's nothing in the rules any more about proximity so that's not a valid defence although it absolutely should be (within reason, of course).

Secondly, it didn't hit him anywhere near where the leeway is given to be considered shoulder. I mean look at it ffs:

y3xJUou.jpg

UpvgjSO.png

In accordance with the rules per IFAB? Not a penalty.

1653641422-illustration-book-handball-chosen_en.png

You're the one writing essays on why Barca should have had penalties. I doubt over on their fan forums they even think Lewa should have had two penalties for so called man handling. It's all just really odd.

There was only two really contentious refereeing decisions. Kounde probably should have been sent off. It's debatable whether the ball touched Fred's hand, it looks different from every angle. Regardless, that would have very harsh.

That was it.

The irony of the poster saying grow up..

It’s too much :lol:

Lewa didn't even think it was pen ffs. He didn't even claim..there was nothing in it

PL refs are fecking shit but at least they allow physical contact.

Get within breathing distance of players in Europe and those refs blow for fouls. It's fecking infuriating and those cheating, corrupt cnuts know exactly how to exploit it.

Lewa didn't even think it was pen ffs. He didn't even claim..there was nothing in it

As I said earlier last time someone mentioned this; Nketiah didn't claim for a pen last night either. I'm not sure how it's relevant.

If we start giving free kicks and penalties whenever a player claims for something then Bruno Fernandes is going to be breaking Messi's 91 goals record :lol:

Screenshot arguing for dynamic episodes is the best isn't it?

Maybe in your own little world you might think you proved him wrong. But you didn’t. Good try though.

Good one.

They literally added context to their own diagram because people were interpreting it wrongly as he did.

I definitely prefer the version of VAR where neither the Fred handball or the Varane hands on Lewa is given as a penalty. And I’m willing to accept us not getting the red card for the foul on Rashford if that’s what it takes.

Basically, football is better without VAR and referees aren’t infallible. The closer we get to that reality the better.

Tonight? 99 % of his posts in this thread are about United. Closet dipper pretending to be a 'neutral'.

But you're right, no need to waste time on him.

Christ. I was a Barcelona fan earlier now I'm a Liverpool fan.

For the record, I hate Liverpool.

Edit: I was curious so I checked. I've only ever spoken on two subjects in this thread :lol:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/jurgen-klopp-sack-watch.410588/page-831#post-30065212

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/jurgen-klopp-sack-watch.410588/page-831#post-30065221

Big Liverpool fan, me :rolleyes:

I'm not "outraged" though. WTF is with the hyperbole tonight?

I'll repeat. I mentioned the Fred decision because one of the posts above mine was giving it the 'VARcelona' shite. Seriously go look at my comment then all the posts above it. I provided balance.

A WUM would be in here talking about how Kounde never touched Rashford or how it would've been soft etc.
You may get the benefit of the doubt if you didn’t have a pattern and didn’t fail to mention the red card until multiple people pointed it out to you.