VAR and Refs | General Discussion

Case got 2 reds (against Palace and Saints) and 7 matches in bans for the exact same two things Timber got one yellow for there.
Not only that. So called experts talked about that it was right but now when it is other team, it is ref doing correct job. We know how media works when it comes to us.

Case got 2 reds (against Palace and Saints) and 7 matches in bans for the exact same two things Timber got one yellow for there.
9 matches lost if you include the games he was sent off in for two offences which amount to a yellow card today. Wildly inconsistent interpretation, yet Arsenal are the victims of this apparently because their player got booked for an irrefutable yellow card offence.

How long are we going to bringing up Case's red cards? It was two seasons ago, and I'm pretty sure rules has changed in that time as well as how VAR should intervene. It makes little sense to complain about incosistencies in incidents spanning a couple of seasons.

How are we going to bringing up Case's red cards? It was two seasons ago, and I'm pretty sure rules has changed in that time as well as how VAR should intervene. It makes little sense to complain about incosistencies in incidents spanning a couple of seasons.
What relevant rule has changed since?

How long are we going to bringing up Case's red cards? It was two seasons ago, and I'm pretty sure rules has changed in that time as well as how VAR should intervene. It makes little sense to complain about incosistencies in incidents spanning a couple of seasons.
I kinda empathise.

Though it is funny to see a complaint about decisions from two seasons ago on the same page as Gooners being laughed at for complaining about a decision from two weeks ago.

...what? That is as stonewall a penalty as you will ever see.

Loathe as I am to credit Taylor with anything yellow is the right decision. Sanchez made a genuine attempt and wasn't cynical or dangerous about stopping Evanilson, just late.

Players are allowed their position on the pitch. Don't have to get out of the way.

Not allowed to move in to an opposing player. Don't see Sanchez do that, he's just standing there.

Just holding your ground and opposition player running in to you is never a foul.

I agree, we should bring Nanis red card up more often instead of Casemiros.

The sticking point about Casemiro's is that they were clearly two wrong decisions but the media silence around them was deafening. Compare that with a deserved ted card for Rice. We lost Casemiro for 9 games. They happened in relatively quick succession too. They were quite memorable for those reasons.

Players are allowed their position on the pitch. Don't have to get out of the way.

Not allowed to move in to an opposing player. Don't see Sanchez do that, he's just standing there.

Just holding your ground and opposition player running in to you is never a foul.
Sanchez extends his right knee. He's still moving towards Evanilson even after the latter touches the ball. It's an absolutely stonewall penalty.

I’ve just seen the Timber vs Vicario incident in the Spurs vs Arsenal game and I can’t believe that Casemiro hasn’t been given a 3 match ban!

I’ve just seen the Timber vs Vicario incident in the Spurs vs Arsenal game and I can’t believe that Casemiro hasn’t been given a 3 match ban!

Should be a second yellow for the reaction if not a straight red... Double standards indeed...

Am I the only one who feel that the standard of the referees so far greatly improved?

I love it that the referees nor VAR are giving cheap penalties anymore for ridiculous accidental handballs or “there was a contact and he had a right to dive” penalties.

Taylor has been stood down for a week after handing out a record amount of yellows last weekend.

He's a shit ref but I think that's a stupid decision. A lot of those cards were given, correctly, for dissent. He tried to stamp it out and get players to fecking behave and now he gets suspended for a week. The result of this will be refs being scared to punish players for dissent in future fixtures now.

Taylor has been stood down for a week after handing out a record amount of yellows last weekend.

He's a shit ref but I think that's a stupid decision. A lot of those cards were given, correctly, for dissent. He tried to stamp it out and get players to fecking behave and now he gets suspended for a week. The result of this will be refs being scared to punish players for dissent in future fixtures now.

If he's been sat down for giving out too many yellows at the same time that Saints and Chelsea were fined for getting too many yellows, that's very strange.

And were the dissents because he was doing a shit job for both teams?

Having previously been in favour, I must admit it’s rather nice watching a match without VAR.

This game could have been stopped and analysed on many occasions, but they’ve just got on with it, and it makes for better viewing, in my opinion.

Having previously been in favour, I must admit it’s rather nice watching a match without VAR.

This game could have been stopped and analysed on many occasions, but they’ve just got on with it, and it makes for better viewing, in my opinion.
Which game are you talking about ? United's ? If so, yes it's nice to watch when you are going to destroy the opponent anyway. Not so much when it's a tight league or CL game and every decision counts.

If he's been sat down for giving out too many yellows at the same time that Saints and Chelsea were fined for getting too many yellows, that's very strange.

Due to online abuse apparently.

High challenge but think harsh red
It wasn't a challenge because that would imply Stephens was trying to win the ball. He was just trying to stop Garnacho breaking free by cynically fouling him, with perhaps a bit of frustration at being caught out of position.

I've absolutely no idea why anyone would feel sorry for Jack Stephens being sent off there.

The knee is a very sensitive area and it's totally exposed. It doesn't take full-blooded contact for something to go snap and any challenge like that should be a straight red.

Which game are you talking about ? United's ? If so, yes it's nice to watch when you are going to destroy the opponent anyway. Not so much when it's a tight league or CL game and every decision counts.
Yep, United’s, and that’s a good point you make. Maybe it was the lack of pressure/nerves I was enjoying, rather than the absence of VAR.

Why so reluctant?

I would say the fact that we're in the third week of the storm in a teacup "controversy" around this fully-deserved but minor-incident sending off highlights exactly why they were reluctant.

They sound like people who rightly recognised that it had to be a second yellow, but also rightly recognised that sending him off for it was going to be a pain in the hole and prompt the usual "they need to show common sense" criticism. Because the whining that has followed was 100% inevitable.