US Politics

Any pressure on Qatar yet, or are they all too busy trying to select a speaker?

Forget congress, this guy is going to spend some serious years in jail. Dem's need to bring a vote to expel him ASAP. It will take Rep votes (need 67 to do so), so either he's expelled, or the GOP is shown to continue their platform of supporting traitors.

Forget congress, this guy is going to spend some serious years in jail. Dem's need to bring a vote to expel him ASAP. It will take Rep votes (need 67 to do so), so either he's expelled, or the GOP is shown to continue their platform of supporting traitors.

Must be strange being her daughter, who is an MSNBC anchor.

So the choice is between biden and... this :lol:

Tertiary syphilis with neuromuscular degeneration if you ask me. Atypical general paresis (softening of the brain) and locomotor ataxia (deterioration in the spinal cord) are the classic symptoms if left untreated.

Meanwhile... WTF is this?

Just hope Alicia doesn't leave MSNBC. :( if so.

Tertiary syphilis with neuromuscular degeneration if you ask me. Atypical general paresis (softening of the brain) and locomotor ataxia (deterioration in the spinal cord) are the classic symptoms if left untreated.

Meanwhile... WTF is this?

That's even expanded a bit from her first go at it last night.

@WI_Red

Shocked momentarily to see an R verbally fight another R & then I remembered it's an election year.

Massive Al Haig vibes with Robinson today...

The Dems should just get McCarthy back in there. He’s the least worst person among the GOP contenders.

The Dems should just get McCarthy back in there. He’s the least worst person among the GOP contenders.
They might have a better chance of persuading 4 or 5 GOP'ers to vote for Jeffries!

Scalise dropping out doesn't upset me one bit. I've shared my thoughts on him some pages ago and in a way he scared me more than Gym Jordan bc he's actually a very formidable political string puller who can fly under the radar. Then again, claiming God kept you in this world to become Speaker probably rubbed some of the other type As the wrong way.

@WI_Red

Shocked momentarily to see an R verbally fight another R & then I remembered it's an election year.

Massive Al Haig vibes with Robinson today...

it can not be understated how absolutely batshit crazy Robinson is.

Robinson is legitimately just some guy who went viral for a run rights speech because he's Black, and the NC GOP latched onto him because of that. In addition to being insane, he's also extremely stupid.

I'm surprised Robinson didn't try for more today, but there's a reason Cooper never tells him when he's out of the state.

If Josh Stein loses to Robinson, we're going to be in deep, deep trouble. We're already in deep, deep trouble because NC will no longer be a functional democracy after the Republicans redistrict the legislature, but still.

Robinson is legitimately just some guy who went viral for a run rights speech because he's Black, and the NC GOP latched onto him because of that. In addition to being insane, he's also extremely stupid.

I'm surprised Robinson didn't try for more today, but there's a reason Cooper never tells him when he's out of the state.

If Josh Stein loses to Robinson, we're going to be in deep, deep trouble. We're already in deep, deep trouble because NC will no longer be a functional democracy after the Republicans redistrict the legislature, but still.

The Dems need to be very careful about who they run. Cooper is extremely well thought of, even by some conservatives. We also need to get the state SC back at some point, but I don’t think that’s possible for many a year. As you say, the state legislature is gone. We can maybe break the double supermajority next year, but that means nothing if Robinson or Stein takes the governorship.Bleak times for a state that will likely move a bit to the left each election cycle going forward.

The Dems need to be very careful about who they run. Cooper is extremely well thought of, even by some conservatives. We also need to get the state SC back at some point, but I don’t think that’s possible for many a year. As you say, the state legislature is gone. We can maybe break the double supermajority next year, but that means nothing if Robinson or Stein takes the governorship.Bleak times for a state that will likely move a bit to the left each election cycle going forward.

The state SC is gone until 2028 since I'm pretty sure the NCGA would change the law if a Republican justice left office or died to prevent a Democrat being selected by the governor. The NCGA will redistrict this month or next to enshrine their perpetual supermajority since the state court removed virtually any limits on it. The new budget will make it harder to challenge the maps as well, and they're apparently planning to do all of the redistricting in secret rather than in public.

The state SC is gone until 2028 since I'm pretty sure the NCGA would change the law if a Republican justice left office or died to prevent a Democrat being selected by the governor. The NCGA will redistrict this month or next to enshrine their perpetual supermajority since the state court removed virtually any limits on it. The new budget will make it harder to challenge the maps as well, and they're apparently planning to do all of the redistricting in secret rather than in public.
Our best hope might actually be 2 Conservative Supreme Court justices kicking the bucket during a Dem presidency and Senate. The MAGA wing of the SC has spent the last few terms shitting on precedent, so we might as well join the party and reverse the ruling that partisan gerrymandering is constitutional.

I've never even heard his name. I blame Englishman ignorance!
Okay, I kinda get why his name is being bandied about. There's a large military base just outside Macon that looks to fall inside the northern part of his district. Scott seems to be more 'neocon' than others in his party, harkening back to Repubs of the past decade.

Actually two Air Force bases are in his district.

Austin Scott (politician) - Wikipedia

Okay, I kinda get why his name is being bandied about. There's a large military base just outside Macon that looks to fall inside the northern part of his district. Scott seems to be more 'neocon' than others in his party, harkening back to Repubs of the past decade.

Actually two Air Force bases are in his district.

Austin Scott (politician) - Wikipedia

He's a thundercnut, from my residential years in that district.

He's a thundercnut, from my residential years in that district.
But is he a palatable thundercnut?

Can we depend on his thundercuntishness?

It's amazing how every other house rep in GA basically flies under the radar due to MTG sucking all the oxygen up.

But is he a palatable thundercnut?

Can we depend on his thundercuntishness?

It's amazing how every other house rep in GA basically flies under the radar due to MTG sucking all the oxygen up.

I don't know much about his overall voting record but I always saw him as the typical Southern politician, fake as feck and a total wasp. He would come to Robins periodically and they'd parade him around, just gave me dick politician vibes each time. He was a guest of honor at a couple events I was present, gave the typical lip service politicians do - "military" "defense" "terrorism" so forth. I believe he's just another power lusting cnut, probably believes it was his birthright and direction from god to be a politician for the people.

He toes the party line on the big talking points - guns, gay rights/same sex, abortion, defense spending, etc. He also signed on to that ludicrous Texas court challenge over the 2020 election, possibly because he believes it, possibly because he resides in a district full of vocal cultists. He did condemn Jan 6th and supports Ukraine defense, so there's something worthwhile in that soulless flesh capsule he resides within.

U-S-A! U-S-A!

Israel’s dick is so far down our throat right now it’ll probably kill us.

edit: to clarify for all you casual CE forum motherfeckers. By now I think anyone who has seen me post knows I am someone who values the life of EVERYONE over anything else. The casual disregard for the value of life in the world, I’m looking at you Israel/Palestine thread, is sickening.

Last edited: