US Politics

Good article in The Independent on why the governmental shutdown will occur & how we got here for those not keeping up with the saga...

Have to admit, McCarthy held it together long than i thought he would have, but it was never going to last.

But he knew this was coming, he just wanted to became speaker at all cost.

I really don't understand America and its system that means it relies on the Senate to vote a couple of times a year otherwise it just runs out of money. Just strikes me as a stupid way of doing things.

Is this for real?

Are the Democrats really letting this dement guy run again? Holy shit.

You could post trashy edited videos or just look at the leglisation that he's overseen. Or the economy, especially relative to the rest of the world. But people seem to want to vote on memes these days, so maybe you're right tbh.

I really don't understand America and its system that means it relies on the Senate to vote a couple of times a year otherwise it just runs out of money. Just strikes me as a stupid way of doing things.

Isn't the US about the only country in the world which has to do this nonsense?

Debt ceiling vote should be abolished, but i doubt that it will.

Surely this mean Mendenez will be out, and dems can get a new senator in there?

You could post trashy edited videos or just look at the leglisation that he's overseen. Or the economy, especially relative to the rest of the world. But people seem to want to vote on memes these days, so maybe you're right tbh.

I'm honestly baffled that the next US election might again be Trump against Biden. Are there no better candidates out there? Whenever I hear Biden speak it seems he's a bit senile. And don't even get me started on Trump. It's almost comical.

I'm honestly baffled that the next US election might again be Trump against Biden. Are there no better candidates out there? Whenever I hear Biden speak it seems he's a bit senile. And don't even get me started on Trump. It's almost comical.
There are some good candidates on the Dem side, but an incumbent Dem president would never be seriously primaried by the left. I could actually see it happen on the Repub side.

Thankfully, the next tranche of Dems who could run for the presidency are a generation or two younger than Biden & Trump. We just have to bridge the next four years to get to them.

You may laugh, but the average republican voter will view this as dems getting owned.

Btw, it reminds me of the senator who brought a snowball to the senate.

Last edited:
There are some good candidates on the Dem side, but an incumbent Dem president would never be seriously primaried by the left. I could actually see it happen on the Repub side.

Thankfully, the next tranche of Dems who could run for the presidency are a generation or two younger than Biden & Trump. We just have to bridge the next four years to get to them.

There are some good ones lining up who are in the right age, Whitmer, Beshear, Shapiro, and i guess Newsom, to name a few.

Yeah I can see that. So far I guess even a half senile Biden is far less dangerous and damaging than another Trump period so fingers crossed for 2024. I'm curios as who the next candidates will be. Now with Biden and esp Trump it all seems a bit tragic but I'm not clued up enough on US politics to properly judge it.