US Politics

Julie Swetnick's statement is pretty compelling imo. Now we have two direct victims, witnesses supporting the two victims, and a direct witness to sexual assault oriented culture Kavanuagh was a participant in. In a sane era, this would be enough to sink his nomination, and have Amy Coney Barret on the next plane to DC. But as mentioned, the GOP is really pot committed to playing out this Kavanaugh drama. No matter its been a boon for Democrats as an Amy Barret nomination would have already been confirmed and given corporate GOP their solid majority for years to come. That would have had a depressing effect on Dem turnout I think. Now they are just firing up Dems to get out to vote

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-julie-swetnick-declaration-20180926-htmlstory.html

That's not true. Democrat turnout would have been insane already.

Latest allegations are crazy, although it's important to note that the latest accuser isn't saying Kavanaugh gang raped her, but that he was just in the vicinity. And all she places him doing is "grinding on women without permission" (if you've ever partied in a club you'd know how hilarious this playing out would be).

He's getting confirmed.

If you're in a room when women are getting gang-raped and not doing anything, let alone egging them on, then you need to go to fecking jail.

America elected a president who is on record, assaulting women. I have no faith in these people. These guys out a paedophile on a ballot box. Nothing short of a video is stopping this nomination.

Latest allegations are crazy, although it's important to note that the latest accuser isn't saying Kavanaugh gang raped her, but that he was just in the vicinity. And all she places him doing is "grinding on women without permission" (if you've ever partied in a club you'd know how hilarious this playing out would be).

He's getting confirmed.

Also pressing them towards him, fondling, grabbing and attempting to remove clothing without consent.

If you're in a room when women are getting gang-raped and not doing anything, let alone egging them on, then you need to go to fecking jail.

Scary thing is that a lot of the participants in incidents like that (where guys deliberately get a girl shitfaced so they can all have sex with her) probably don't even think of it as gang rape. Some people's attitudes to stuff like this are shocking.

Means you'd do it too. I can't tell the difference between someone like that and a rapist.

I don't fecking believe it!

They don't want to be seen as a group that backs rapists.

This significant.

That Severino is hedging now is significant ― it’s her job to promote Kavanaugh’s confirmation, and she’s previously been one of his biggest defenders. She told MSNBC on Tuesday that the accusations of sexual misconduct by Kavanaugh are part of a “partisan smear campaign” led by Democrats.

He's getting confirmed.

No they show that he was aiding and abetting in the entire thing. Not that he was just in the area where it happened. He fasciliated the process. Thats a HUGE crime.

They don't want to be seen as a group that backs rapists.

This significant.

That Severino is hedging now is significant ― it’s her job to promote Kavanaugh’s confirmation, and she’s previously been one of his biggest defenders. She told MSNBC on Tuesday that the accusations of sexual misconduct by Kavanaugh are part of a “partisan smear campaign” led by Democrats.

I don't disagree that it is significant but I watched this woman on CNN last week and it made me want to vomit with rage. Suddenly she's found her woman card? Nah, nah, I don't fecking believe it!

Hatch said:
"It's amazing to me that these kinds of things have come up way after the fact, way after the end of the committee hearings," Hatch said regarding the most recent allegations, according to CNN. "It shows there are people who would stop at nothing."

"I don't think it's fair to Brett Kavanaugh, I don't think it's fair to our system, I don't think it's fair to the process,"

These "people" deserve to feel true pain.

No they show that he was aiding and abetting in the entire thing. Not that he was just in the area where it happened. He fasciliated the process. Thats a HUGE crime.

The scenario is just insane. There were multiple gang rapes? And he was in the room, just, chilling, while women were getting raped?

Also pressing them towards him, fondling, grabbing and attempting to remove clothing without consent.

I'd want her to be more specific under oath as to exactly what Brett was doing in the party house.

I've been in too many clubs, and there is a spectrum between initial contact and refusal, and continued harassment after the woman has said no. Everyone marks the latter behavior as predatory. I'm just curious as to what camp his alleged behavior fell into.

The allegation of witnessing multiple gang rapes and not reporting them is obviously disqualifying if true. Still mindblowing.

An accusation isn't considered proven until a guilty verdict has been handed down, so what she's saying is that we should stop prosecuting people for crimes.

Also, what a thoroughly disgusting thing to say.

Its significant that all the accusers want an FBI investigation, but the guy claiming innocence does not.

Yeah I'm not sure why the Repubs didn't at least agree to this. There was an initial FBI investigation that brought up nothing. What are the odds a secondary investigation would seriously tank the nomination? It takes a few days too. They look much worse for ramming this in (phrasing, also not that they care)

Yeah I'm not sure why the Repubs didn't at least agree to this. There was an initial FBI investigation that brought up nothing. What are the odds a secondary investigation would seriously tank the nomination? It takes a few days too. They look much worse for ramming this in (phrasing, also not that they care)

Its because not All information was given to the FBI.

The Republicans knew about these accusers no matter how innocent they are playing now.

They wanted to Ram.....err plow this through.