US Open 2011

8 years ago Roddick demolished Nadal here in New York.

This was pretty much the same but just against Roddick. Superb performance from Nadal with 35 winners and a great US Open for Roddick as well who has exceeded expectations really.

Nadal is the only semi finalist not to have dropped a set now :)

Did anyone hear Roddick tell the chair umpire, "I can't beat this guy. He's too good, just too good. " ?

Definitely heard "too good for me, Pascal" but I thought it was his sarcastic take on the earlier call the ref. made.

Looks like Roddick has completely given up even trying. Is he injured? Really poor display.

I think Roddick was struggling with an injury from almost the start and while I don't like Roddick he usually puts up a much better fight. I would expect Nadal to beat Murray as Murray had a much tougher match today; very hard on these guys to have to play 3 days in a row but at least the final is Monday. I sure hope Roger comes through tomorrow as I think he can win the whole thing.

Awesome. Hope it starts after United's match otherwise I'd have to miss it (or have it on a river on the side).

Federer just know how to play Djokovic. If only he can figure out Nadal.
Triangle here. Djokovic---Nadal---Federer. Go clockwise and the Winner is the first name.

Federer just know how to play Djokovic. If only he can figure out Nadal.
Triangle here. Djokovic---Nadal---Federer. Go clockwise and the Winner is the first name.

Exactly. That's why I always want Fed to beat Djoko nowadays and that's why I so badly wanted Fed to beat Tsonga at Wimbledon :(

Djoko gets the break back and then Fed goes and breaks him to love :D

4-3 with the break

Odd match this. I want Federer to win the competition of course. But if not him then Djokovic. But I think if Federer wins, Nadal's chances will probably improve. Odd triange this is.

Odd match this. I want Federer to win the competition of course. But if not him then Djokovic. But I think if Federer wins, Nadal's chances will probably improve. Odd triange this is.

I feel dirty supporting Federer but well..

And if Murray wins I'd back either of Fed/Djoko to beat him so it's all good.

Federer's serve is huge.

Nadal talks in his autobiography about how helpless you can feel when that Fed serve is on form and you can see why. Immense serving

Fed 2 sets to love up. Djokovic is clearly rattled.

I knew Fed would do the job :D

Just one more set now!

There isn't a better player to watch in full flow than Federer.

It's interesting how different players' games match up against each other. A lot of what bothers Nadal about Djokovic's game isn't as much of a problem for Federer and much the same with Federer and Nadal.

That said I don't see Djokovic giving this up in three sets. He'll have a real go at Federer this set and see if he can rattle him.

It's interesting how different players' games match up against each other. A lot of what bothers Nadal about Djokovic's game isn't as much of a problem for Federer and much the same with Federer and Nadal.

That said I don't see Djokovic giving this up in three sets. He'll have a real go at Federer this set and see if he can rattle him.

It's very strange really.

Djokovic is a superior verison of Nadal in his style of play but yet he's the one who struggles a bit against Fed.

And Nadal can't ever beat Djokovic nowadays. Long may Djoko-Fed continue to meet in the semis.

Is Nadal's biography your bible? Or is it Sneijder's?

Not yet read Sneijder's :(

This will go 4 sets at least.

It would be crazy if Djokovic has the year he has had and still has to split grand slams 2 a piece with Nadal.

Btw, why is it 1 v 3 and 2 v 4 in tennis?

Shouldn't it be 1 v 4 and 2 v 3?

It's as if Djokovic is being punished for being no.1 :lol:

This will go 4 sets at least.

It would be crazy if Djokovic has the year he has had and still has to split grand slams 2 a piece with Nadal.

Nadal raises his level in the Slams and is pretty hopeless for most of the year tbh :p

But yes Djoko ending up with "only" 2 Slams after the year he's had will be..strange.

Btw, why is it 1 v 3 and 2 v 4 in tennis?

Shouldn't it be 1 v 4 and 2 v 3?

It's as if Djokovic is being punished for being no.1 :lol:

That's what I've always thought as well but it's just a random draw. And it almost always ends up with Fed Djokovic :lol:

It's almost like the organizers can't stand the thought of a Fedal semi final.

Infact they've not met once in a semi after RG 2005 but then that's also because they're always 1 and 2.

That's what I've always thought as well but it's just a random draw. And it almost always ends up with Fed Djokovic :lol:

Infact they've not met once in a semi after RG 2005 but then that's also because they're always 1 and 2.

:lol:

How can that be random! It's ALWAYS the case!

Just saw this somewhere :

Men's tennis, 2011: Djoko has a Federer problem. Nadal has a Djoko problem. Federer has a Nadal problem. Andy Murray has a lot of problems.

:lol:

This must be the reason.

This is going to 4. Djokovic with the break point.

Sigh. Please don't tell me this is going to be the start of the famous Fed shanks :(