US Open 2011

Djokovic is favourite but you've taken it too far, it's not like Nadal doesn't stand a chance. Nadal made Murray look like a pub player, he's grown better and better as the tournament has progressed. Everyone said Federer has Djokovic sussed out and look what happened. I think it's going to be close, with Djokovic eventually winning, but you never know.

Anyway, I'll be supporting Rafa tonight, which would be a strange one as I've never supported him before. Unfortunately for him, that pretty much reduces his chances of winning to sweet FA.

Nadal imo is actually playing worse than he was in all their other 5 meetings which reduces his chances even more. He wasn't that impressive against Murray. Though, Djokovic too isn't as sharp as he was earlier this year.

Nadal imo is actually playing worse than he was in all their other 5 meetings which reduces his chances even more. He wasn't that impressive against Murray. Though, Djokovic too isn't as sharp as he was earlier this year.

Exactly. He was in very good form at Wimbledon and Madrid. Decent at Rome and quite good at Miami and IW.

The first two defeats of the year were fine but the ones after the that have been hard to handle.

I think Nadal winning today would be one of his greatest accomplishments till now. He'll really have to play a special match.

Well it was fun while it lasted.

Two things that are going to really trouble Nadal today are that poor poor 2nd serve and Djoko's backhands down the line.

Come on Nadal!

I think Nadal winning today would be one of his greatest accomplishments till now. He'll really have to play a special match.

It'll probably be his best slam win after Wimbledon in 2008/Australia in 09. He'll not only be beating a player that now has a mental hold on him, but he'd have won the US Open twice- a slam which everyone was wondering if he'd ever win in 2009 and defending it too.

Wimbledon 08 will always be Rafas greatest achievement. This would come pretty close if he pulls it off.

I'm getting convinced that Novak's returning is now on par with Agassi's

He's learned nothing from his 5 defeats this year?!

Nadal needs to be more aggressive on Djokovic's 2nd serve. He's just hitting it back right now with nothing on the ball :(

2-2

Djokovic plays with his head more than Nadal.

He relies too much on just the physical part of the game. One thing that is working is the high looping shots, which is giving him more time in the rally.

Djokovic has managed to become physically sharper and fitter than Nadal. Plus his forehand is monstrous. And precise. And one of the best returners ever. An absolute complete player imo.

Djokovic is the best and we all know it.

Federer and his 2 match points :mad:

Absolutely.

This is not looking well for Nadal. But let's wait and see. Still a long way to go.

It's identical to every single match they've played this season.

Nadal starts well, decides to start hitting balls short, gets broken and then Djokovic just becomes a monster.

I don't lik seeing Nadal get beaten so easily. Its painful to watch :(

Yeah but Djokovic isn't far behind. I honestly think he'll be regarded as all time great.

If this is the level he plays at he'll beat Federer's record at some point for sure.

Federer's old, Murray doesn't like winning Slams and Nadal just can't play Djokovic.

2011 has been depressing when it comes to tennis.

If this is the level he plays at he'll beat Federer's record at some point for sure.

Federer's old, Murray doesn't like winning Slams and Nadal just can't play Djokovic.

Finally, some sense.

As much as Djokovic is playing amazing stuff, he's starting to get a bit annoying so I hope Rafa beats him. How have djokovic's returns gone so powerful!

Not for Nole ;)

But seriously, what he's been doing to Nadal AND Federer in the last 18 months or so is incredible.

Not for Nole ;)

But seriously, what he's been doing to Nadal AND Federer in the last 18 months or so is incredible.

He doesn't dominate and embarrass Federer the way he does Nadal.

Federer at 30 is still good enough to beat him and has been massively unlucky not to do it twice in a row at the USO. Nadal however, just can't play this guy.

Djokovic is going to continue to dominate mens tennis for quite a while.

The only time before today that I've seen Nadal lose 6 games in a row in one set was back in 2003 :mad:

As much as Djokovic is playing amazing stuff, he's starting to get a bit annoying so I hope Rafa beats him. How have djokovic's returns gone so powerful!

It cant be because of hard work because the only tennis player on this earth who works hard is Federer (according to Federer).

I love that Spoony comes in here to wind up the Serbs and some of you lot actually get drawn in. Mongtards.

He doesn't dominate and embarrass Federer the way he does Nadal.

Federer at 30 is still good enough to beat him and has been massively unlucky not to do it twice in a row at the USO. Nadal however, just can't play this guy.

Djokovic is going to continue to dominate mens tennis for quite a while.

The only time before today that I've seen Nadal lose 6 games in a row in one set was back in 2003 :mad:

I think the last two wins against Federer were more embarrassing and hurtful than the last 5 finals against Nadal. But maybe that's only how I feel because I cannot stand Federer while I very much like Nadal.