US Open 2011

Williams holds but then disgraces herself with a on-camera tirade at the umpire. "Don't even look at me," shouts Serena. "If I see you in the corridor don't even walk past me... a code violation for expressing my opinion, we're in America... you're unattractive inside..."

Absolutely embarrassing.

I really wish Cljisters had been fit for this tournament. She'd have taken care of her...yet again.

Serena today was more embarrassing and classless than 2009 also.

Serena has a suspended ban for that incident 2 years ago. Surely it has to come into effect now?

Still great news for the british tennis at the US Open.........Oliver Golding has won the boy's single final against Vesely 5-7 6-3 6-4
winner.gif

Oliver Golding, Kyle Edmund, George Morgan, Liam Broady and of course former US Open boy's single final winner Andy Murray......the future looks bright for the british tennis :D

Serena Williams :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done Sam!

This feels as good as many of Nadal's slam wins :D

PS: Typically classless at the end from Serena as she refused to shake the umpires hand.

Clijsters, Li Na, Kvitova and Stosur. Four different winners in four different Slams. Women's tennis is just so unpredictable right now.

Wozniacki does not deserve to hold the #1 spot on pure talent. If hotness is taken into question, then maybe.

Stosur was brilliant and deserved the win. Didnt expect her to take it in 2 sets though.

A lot of supporters bigging up Serena Williams and dissing USTA because of the scheduling of the matches, alleging Stosur got a lengthier break and Serene did not. I'm not a racist, but I see a lot of 'colored' folks claiming that USTA fixed it for Stosur to win it. Some of them have used 9/11 as an excuse that Serena is playing for the country and the pressure got to her.

Whatever you make of that. Bizzare.

Serena is such a bad loser and always has been.

She should try to emulate Venus who seems the complete opposite.

Serena is such a spoilt brat. She walked into that final thinking it's going to be a cakewalk and that the title is hers. She can feck right off.

Serena before the tournament : "Yes I'm sure I can win the tournament as long as Nadal, Djokovic and Federer are not in the draw."

She'd never be this cocky if Henin/Cljisters were around!

Serena before the tournament : "Yes I'm sure I can win the tournament as long as Nadal, Djokovic and Federer are not in the draw."

I'd like to see her take on Murray.

Yeah like she's never beaten them...

I like the Williams sisters...if they were better looking 80% the criticism they get from people would go away.

Serena is more divisive and forceful compared to Venus, but even then they are better than a lot of the fake bitches on the WTA tour.

Justine Henin was bitchy as hell(ugly too), Hingis was a sore loser(remember the French Open against Graf?) Clisters plays the same power game as the Williams, yet it's the Williams that cop all the abuse for playing a power game.

90% of the Eastern Euro girls play the exact same way, half of them even sound like men when hitting the ball...

Having said all that, very happy to see Sam Stosur win a GS, aussie women that have gotten a lot of press in the last few years have been Jelena Dokic and Alicia Molik, with Sam considered a 3rd tier player and a decent doubles player.

Past 18 months, she has improved, and while she'll probably never win one again...who cares!

EDIT: Serena lacked class in terms of how she dealt with the chair ump, but post match she made no excuses, said that point didn't have a real say in the match, also gave Stosur plenty of credit for playing very well, and not letting Serena get into the match, unlike Roger Federer 24 hours ago.

Yeah like she's never beaten them...

I like the Williams sisters...if they were better looking 80% the criticism they get from people would go away.

Serena is more divisive and forceful compared to Venus, but even then they are better than a lot of the fake bitches on the WTA tour.

Justine Henin was bitchy as hell(ugly too), Hingis was a sore loser(remember the French Open against Graf?) Clisters plays the same power game as the Williams, yet it's the Williams that cop all the abuse for playing a power game.

90% of the Eastern Euro girls play the exact same way, half of them even sound like men when hitting the ball...

Having said all that, very happy to see Sam Stosur win a GS, aussie women that have gotten a lot of press in the last few years have been Jelena Dokic and Alicia Molik, with Sam considered a 3rd tier player and a decent doubles player.

Past 18 months, she has improved, and while she'll probably never win one again...who cares!

EDIT: Serena lacked class in terms of how she dealt with the chair ump, but post match she made no excuses, said that point didn't have a real say in the match, also gave Stosur plenty of credit for playing very well, and not letting Serena get into the match, unlike Roger Federer 24 hours ago.

Can't really compare Serena's abuse to a bit of sour grapes from Federer. I can't recall any modern day player refusing to shake the umpire's hand, she didn't even bother apologizing in the press conference. Both the sisters could have gone down as the greatest ever, instead they pissed away their talent and let dross like Wozniaki become number 1, would love to see her banned for a year.

I've never been this calm and nerve free before a Nadal Slam final.

I expected him to lose at Wimbledon but not as badly as he did but today...there's just no expectation so it's going to be easy to watch :D

I expected him to lose at Wimbledon but not as badly as he did but today...there's just no expectation so it's going to be easy to watch :D

Maybe it will help his as well.

Djokovic is favourite but you've taken it too far, it's not like Nadal doesn't stand a chance. Nadal made Murray look like a pub player, he's grown better and better as the tournament has progressed. Everyone said Federer has Djokovic sussed out and look what happened. I think it's going to be close, with Djokovic eventually winning, but you never know.

Anyway, I'll be supporting Rafa tonight, which would be a strange one as I've never supported him before. Unfortunately for him, that pretty much reduces his chances of winning to sweet FA.

Can't really compare Serena's abuse to a bit of sour grapes from Federer. I can't recall any modern day player refusing to shake the umpire's hand, she didn't even bother apologizing in the press conference. Both the sisters could have gone down as the greatest ever, instead they pissed away their talent and let dross like Wozniaki become number 1, would love to see her banned for a year.

Virtual nobody Bethanie Mattek-Sands did it just this year at Wimbledon. I'm not defending her behavior towards the Chair Umpire...but I don't think it's THAT big a deal.

She gave her opponent the respect she deserved post match, by making no excuses for the loss and saying Stosur was better this time around.

The sisters came into tennis from a non-traditional background, and their careers have been just that, non-traditional.

As for pissing their talent away

Venus -
14 single GS finals(7 wins)
12 doubles GS finals(12 wins)
1 Olympic singles title
2 Olympic doubles titles
70 career finals(43 wins)

Serena -
17 single GS finals(13 wins)
12 doubles GS finals(12 wins)
2 Olympic doubles titles
54 career finals(39 wins)

To win those GS they've beaten everyone that's crossed their path,

Hingis, Henin, Sharapova, Davenport and each other.

But both have had a lot of injury problems, which people overlook and personal tragedy(sibling murdered) to overcome.

Could they have accomplished even more? Yes, but it's not because they lack dedication, or don't give a toss about tennis, if it was that...they both could have walked away a couple of years ago...$100mil sponsorship deals...millions in career prize money, and their places in tennis pretty well set.

I am a huge fan of the sisters...Venus more so...so much more graceful on and off the court, ever since years and years ago, Venus came to the US Open with white beads in her hair, that started to fall apart on court :lol::lol: and feel they haven't gotten the respect they deserve for their accomplishments throughout their careers.

Also remember this, only Graf, Evert, Navratilova have won more than Serena(22-18-18) to the 13 Serena has

AND

Venus only has

Court, Seles and King ahead of her 7 GS titles.

Djokovic is favourite but you've taken it too far, it's not like Nadal doesn't stand a chance. Nadal made Murray look like a pub player, he's grown better and better as the tournament has progressed. Everyone said Federer has Djokovic sussed out and look what happened. I think it's going to be close, with Djokovic eventually winning, but you never know.

Anyway, I'll be supporting Rafa tonight, which would be a strange one as I've never supported him before. Unfortunately for him, that pretty much reduces his chances of winning to sweet FA.

I've watched every single point of the 5 meetings this year and it's become more depressing with every passing match.

Ofcourse Nadal has a chance, he's the #2 and a 10 time Slam winner but I don't have any expectations for today. Not after the 5 meetings this year where Djokovic has dealt comfortably with everything Nadal has thrown at him.

'Pissed away their talent'?? Wow...

As for Serena - I also don't think it was that big a deal. She actually came across as more unhinged than rude/disrespectful which makes it harder for me to get upset about it or want to see her banned - she's got problems, I think, and I'm not sure she was really in control of what was going on.

Yes because those are players that could actually stand up to her. I can't really blame her for being cocky, despite her loss yesterday, she's head and shoulders better than 99% of the WTA in terms of overall play it's unreal.

She's just been fined $2000 which is pretty pointless. That's hardly gonna deter her next time.